Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Sounds like a familiar story to me, there's no funding for anything at the moment, I have asked for access to a Batriatic Dietitian, and you'd think i've asked for a heart bypass the way they are going on, it's ridiculous that we're all having to pay for this in the first place, that's for sure.

Should I ask him after my Op what size band I get then, so that I know? I would like to go with WLS too.:)

Thanks for advice Bobo

Pen

x

Hi Pen. When we left the hospital we got, along with other information, a booklet from the band manufacturer (Heliogast) which had a sticker on the front of it with your name and details on and also has band info on it that your fill provider needs, bigsister x

Well i back lol what a few days well i met odgemodge and tee bird what a pair honestly they put me on the drink monday night 5bottles of wine and a good few jugs of stella later and we were all in good form i dont think they even needed anastetic they would of been able to sllep through the op on their own lol and the drinking finished up at about half 1 lol well everyone got on great i couldnt believe how good they were compared to me and even went for a walk round vilvorde yesterday everything went perfect for all of them dr chris done 6patients that i seen on tuesday... On monday i went for xray everything perfect and where it should be and got .5ml but could still eat bread and everything yesterday so fred came and gave me another fill he tried another .5but could only get .3in so im gona do liquids till at least monday but i feel no different so far and can gulp down liquids without a prob so i dont know what to think that brings me up to 8.05mls dr chris said we had a 7ml band that can be over filled to about 8.5mls so im right up the top end so pretty scared but we'l see how i go but defo if anyone has the chance to meet odge and teebird u will have a laugh and a hangover the next day lol but so glad to meet them their lovely

Hey chick, great to hear you got back ok. How you feeling? I feel fine now, been for walks the last 2 days, sleeping like a baby now and not even missing the booze!! You'r right we defo have to meet up in summer after my first few stone are off, Dublin won't know what's hit it!!! Had a fab time in Belgium, band was worth every penny and the company wasn't bad either!! Say hi to ya girl 'M' for us, Mark says Hi and speak soon chick x

Banded 12 May 09

Hey chick, great to hear you got back ok. How you feeling? I feel fine now, been for walks the last 2 days, sleeping like a baby now and not even missing the booze!! You'r right we defo have to meet up in summer after my first few stone are off, Dublin won't know what's hit it!!! Had a fab time in Belgium, band was worth every penny and the company wasn't bad either!! Say hi to ya girl 'M' for us, Mark says Hi and speak soon chick x

Banded 12 May 09

Hey glad to hear ur doing good but god the 3of u's done fab from day one... Haha u can save ur boozin now till we meet up if you's hadnt got the op on tues monday would of been a all nighter haha 'M' is doing great she went shopping on thurs when we got home and shes great wouldnt think she was just after the op she doesnt seem to have wind pain and shes still flat out going to the loo lol Oh and hi right back at mark god love him having to put up with us 4dolls for 3days haha x

I'll try and remember to ask him then, or I'll ask my Mum to. Did you take someone with you ODge? Im taking my Mum and wondering what she can get up to and when she can visit me the next day etc? Also, what you took with you!!! I think i've asked everyone this, Sorry folks of your getting sick of my 10000 questions, hopefully it helps everyone else go, oh I wondered that too....:)

XX

hi yes your mum can stay there as long as she wants by your bed..there is a canteen upstairs where she can get food which is ok-ish and cheap. there are some shops in vilvoorde..she can look round those for a bit of a break or walk through the park from hosp back to hotel..via shops. my husband walked into the pre op room with me and was back later at side of bed.no one asked him to leave and other peoples relatives or friends were there too..just have to leave for about 8 0r 9pm i think. take your mobile with you.you can use it on the ward.x

hi all,

I am 38 and am fed up with waiting my life being overweight. I have thought about surgery but I am frightened. I cam across this surgeon tonight and could not believe the cost was half of the UK cost.

I saw you all seem happy with the surgery you have received. I am sorry to ask but what happens if something goes wrong when you are back in the UK? Will te NHS help. I have heard that they refuse aftercare, is this true?

I really want to do this as I can not spend another 20 years being this miserable. I am 17 stone and 7 lbs and 5'7", I have a BMI of 38.

All I want is to lose weight and live a normal life and from reading some of this thred that seems to be what you guys are doing

Thanks for your advise.

hi all,

I am 38 and am fed up with waiting my life being overweight. I have thought about surgery but I am frightened. I cam across this surgeon tonight and could not believe the cost was half of the UK cost.

I saw you all seem happy with the surgery you have received. I am sorry to ask but what happens if something goes wrong when you are back in the UK? Will te NHS help. I have heard that they refuse aftercare, is this true?

I really want to do this as I can not spend another 20 years being this miserable. I am 17 stone and 7 lbs and 5'7", I have a BMI of 38.

All I want is to lose weight and live a normal life and from reading some of this thred that seems to be what you guys are doing

Thanks for your advise.

Hi,

I felt exactly the same as u! I to am 5ft 7 and weighed 17st! I had my surgery on tuesday and there were no problems! He has a very high sucess rate and is very professional!! one of the best in his field!!! any problems you have or worries someone here will answer as they have all been through it to!!!

Eh garry dont forget im gettin in ur case for ibiza so u better have a big one lol

you better believe it sweet cheeks

gxx

Well thats it booked my flights this morning, did it through royalties account (my bank). This gave me 10% off and free entry into the airport lounge. I hope nerves doesnt make me drink to much!!

Freckles I hope you have some relief now and not in too much discomfort. J x

fantastic good on you.

gx

That would be great!!!! I phoned julie tosh today and have first fill booked for 25th june but think that is going to be too long!!!! So I thought I would see when i could get in with wls!!!! Was only going to stay with dr chris for first fill anyway out of respect but don't know if i can wait that long!!!!

unfortunately odge you wont get one before 5-6 weeks as it all needs to settle, i was impatient as well, what time you there on the 25th as i am going too, if your getting the train down give me a shout if you need a lift.

g

welcome.gif

DevonPilgrim....

you poor thing, we were all scared hunny, but you're asleep you dont know anything about the op, and afterwards the pain is bearable, you get painkillers and before that I'm sure they give you morphine, as you wouldnt be able to stand the pain of surgery at first .

So talk to us, we have all been in that position and some of us still are, a few here are waiting to be banded.

We will help you through it xx

Haha odge ya know me im always quiet especially when drunk lol hows ur wind pain?

Just woke up my wind pain has settled and only seems to be there when i'm hungry!!! weighed my self this morning and i am now 16st 4 and was 17st 2 last week!!!!:grouphug:

Off out for the day but will be back on tonight!!!!