Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Oh i got a letter from the hospital in dublin my gp wrote to about plastic surgery for me i got a consult date for the 10th of march 2010 lol i aint prepared to wait that long especially when i could get turned down... I was wondering if anyone knew if i paid privately to see the surgeon before then could i possibly get on the public list quicker?

How quickly do you have to transfer the 470 euros for the deposit. I cant pay this until next week as building society account needs notice to withdraw money. Do you think that will be ok. Janice

Hi all pre and post banders I'm a bit quiet at the moment I cant believe its:thumbup: 3 weeks today and it will be the day after my surgery and I'm going through my calm stage and i cant wait DR Chris is a busy man i read he is in Dubai doing a band on the 6 June and he will be in Brussels doing mine on the 3 June .I just want to thank you all for your post i love reading what you all write it makes me feel i have a lot of new friends Suefee xx

Hi Everyone,

Gosh, so much to read!!! I got my op date for June 12th!! So happy. Have the flights booked, my bro is coming with me as it's a bit difficult to organise sitters for 4 mad kids!

Jackie, so glad it all worked out for you, you must've been devastated but alls well that ends well.

Welcome Andy, its a great site, helped me make my mind up. All the people are so supportive and welcoming.

Congrats to you too Janice on June 26th! I think I heard on the blog that the deposit has to be in their account 2 weeks prior to surgery. He didn't send me any bank account details yet.

Congrats to you too Penny for your op date. It's great that there's a few of us together waiting for D day!

Welcome back Flirty, glad it all went well for your friend and hope your restriction gets you nearer to your goal. Hi Mandy, glad you are recovering well, I've about 7 stone to lose too so I'll be watching how well you are doing!!

Hi again all you banders!

well looks like i will be going ahead with the surgery as got a date for late June from Frederik!

now i have to pay the deposit of 470euros into their bank account so does anyone have good advice re the easiest and best way to get the cash to themdo you just go into your local bank with the euros and ask them to wire it into their account??

cheers

Hi - The deposit is supposed to be with them 2 weeks before surgery date. I got an e-mail with their bank details on and did a transfer via my bank but I think it can take up to a week to go through so perhaps send it more like 3 weeks before? Bigsister.

Hi shellyg thanks for the good wishes and the same for you. When he sends you your dates theres usually an attachment at the top of the page in which you have to open up this has all the details on. Maybe his reply to me was different to yours. Cheers J x

Well i back lol what a few days well i met odgemodge and tee bird what a pair honestly they put me on the drink monday night 5bottles of wine and a good few jugs of stella later and we were all in good form i dont think they even needed anastetic they would of been able to sllep through the op on their own lol and the drinking finished up at about half 1 lol well everyone got on great i couldnt believe how good they were compared to me and even went for a walk round vilvorde yesterday everything went perfect for all of them dr chris done 6patients that i seen on tuesday... On monday i went for xray everything perfect and where it should be and got .5ml but could still eat bread and everything yesterday so fred came and gave me another fill he tried another .5but could only get .3in so im gona do liquids till at least monday but i feel no different so far and can gulp down liquids without a prob so i dont know what to think that brings me up to 8.05mls dr chris said we had a 7ml band that can be over filled to about 8.5mls so im right up the top end so pretty scared but we'l see how i go but defo if anyone has the chance to meet odge and teebird u will have a laugh and a hangover the next day lol but so glad to meet them their lovely

Hi Flirty - glad you're back with us, sounds like you had a great time over there, don't think there's any chance of the rest of us keeping up with you/Odge/TeeBird with the drinking if we do get to meet up sometime. But still no restriction?! Can't believe that! Hope you get something sorted soon for the surgery you want for your excess skin - arms first innit? Bigsis x

Hi Peeps,

Congratulations to all of you who have now got your op date, your dates will come round sooner than you think.:)

I realy enjoy reading all the news on the forum, thanks peeps, I still cant make my thingie, info, side thing interesting, not as though I have anything interesting to put on it, but I would have liked to put my band date on. Never mind, I will keep trying Ha, Ha, xx

Hi bigsister yeah dont think i have even a tad of restriction but il know monday gona stay on liquids till then just to give it a good chance to work but i aint got much band room left have i but must say fred was very nice last nite so i was happy enough... Do u know anything about spire hospitals in england? I got a quote off them for full tt Lipo, arm lift and boob lift for £10,249 which is about €11,650 which is brilliant compared to paying €8200 for tt alone here in ireland just wondering does anyone know if they are a good hospital but i like the fact its a general hospital not just a clinic...

98ax4whg48.gif

Well Flirtydrawers, glad you had a good time I so wish I could have been there with you, could do with a good drink:tt2:

Brilliant that everyone is ok after their surgery.

Glad you ladies have your dates for ops too. Time will fly by.

I went to manchester for my fill with Freddy boy today, he is eye candy aint he, bless, so nice as well.

He couldnt believe my daughter was 6 months pregnant, she has only put on 6lbs in weight and the hospital say the baby is developing normally.

However she wanted a de-fill cos she's now feeling hungry all the time and she cant eat much of anything. hence the big weight loss she's had.

freddy told her she should really have most of the saline out, just to leave 1ml in, so that the baby gets everything she needs. Rachel only wanted 1 or 2 ml out and then she agreed with freddy . He took out 7mls.

Now her fella cant get her out of the kitchen imageasp.gif

He very kindly put 1ml in for me. he said I should be ok with that, I now have 5.5ml in my band which holds between 9 and 11mls.

Actually I could only manage half a chicken cup a Soup when I came home, and then just now I opened a tin of Tomato Soup but could only drink a quarter of it.

Bring it on...... this is more like it:thumbup:

Flirty I was banded twice in the Spire Southampton, they are exceptional hospitals.

The care is second to none, worth every penny.

They were previously called Bupa, all that has changed is the name.:)

Oh freckles that sounds real good with ur restriction lucky u hope it lasts and help u on ur way... I enquired to spire liverpool its great to hear they are a good hospital do u think they would be good for cosmetic surgery? Cos after all i think its a excellent price

Hi bigsister yeah dont think i have even a tad of restriction but il know monday gona stay on liquids till then just to give it a good chance to work but i aint got much band room left have i but must say fred was very nice last nite so i was happy enough... Do u know anything about spire hospitals in england? I got a quote off them for full tt Lipo, arm lift and boob lift for £10,249 which is about €11,650 which is brilliant compared to paying €8200 for tt alone here in ireland just wondering does anyone know if they are a good hospital but i like the fact its a general hospital not just a clinic...

Hi Flirty - yes, thought Freckles had been 'done' there and that they were reputable hospitals. That does sound like a good price for all that, would it all be done at same time or separately? Think you might go for it? Hmmm - just how nice was Fred last night? Exactly what sort of 'fill' did you have?! Hope you weren't living up to your name too much!

I wasn't feeling so much different after my last fill on Tuesday but have to say that today I haven't had much to eat (still on liquids tho actually) but don't feel at all hungry - is this the holy grail (restriction) for bandsters?! Hardly dare hope, like Freckles says 'Bring it on!' Bigsister x

Umm bigsister i defo dont think id be fit for it all together i can imagine the pain of Lipo and a tt maybe get it done then the arms and boobs but never actually asked would it have to be done altogether i thik it would be too risky or painfull but when i originally mailled them about just a tt it was about £5600 and arms £4000 so i defo think the package is a bargain especially in a good hospital but i hope its restriction ur getting be great for u theres still part of me hoping to get restriction but i defo feel no different haha fred was kneeling at side of bed over me trying to get the fill in as my port is tricky to fina haha but all above board lol

Hey guys I'm back!!!!!

I'm not too bad everything went fine! Gas is a nightmare though!!!!!!!

I'm totally bored of liquids already!!!!!

Flirty you cheeky monkey! Saying we got you drunk!!! LOL

Don't forget we will have to go bug GarryM one day!!!:rolleyes: