Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

thanks again Garry had carried out some research re the flights just wanted to know if i was on the right track and not missed out any special airline deals etc??

great info there from you helps with the piece of mind hearing it from folk that have been and done it much appreciated.

Sent an email with the Hotel address on it but doesnt actually show the room etc Garry or any banded folk who have used it got an insight into what its like??

also got a email back from Frederick and he said that any problems during the op my insurance would cover it??is their not a form you can fill in for nhs treatment abroad that would cover a patient if anything went wrong.....E1???? or something??

anyone out their got an answer to the insurance cover question and the NHS letter stuff would be much appreciated?

heads buzzing with all the questions etc i need to ask but heading in the right direction i think...lol!

cheers all

Hi TIN/Andy - I looked into getting insurance and while I managed to find a company which could insure me for the usual loss of baggage etc while travelling for elective surgery, it does not cover you for anything linked to the surgery or any arising complications and I doubt you would find an insurance company to offer this - I couldn't anyway. Also, I found out if you have ordinary travel insurance and needed to make a claim and they discover you have been abroad for surgery, they would consider your insurance invalid, even for an unrelated claim such as lost/stolen items of value. I felt a bit vulnerable not being covered for any surgical matters but in the end, you just have to weigh up the fact that it doesn't appear that anyone has needed this with Dr Chris and trust in that. Perhaps worth checking out the website Mmm has posted tho? Bigsister x.

Hi Everyone........Good News for me........I had an e-mail fron Chis saying that he will do the op if I lose weight before. Then had another e-mail from Frederik offering me dates. What a relief. If anyone knows of a good Low fat diet please will you let me know. I cant wait now, just got some hard dieting to do first.

Take Care

Jackie xx:lol:

Hi Everyone........Good News for me........I had an e-mail fron Chis saying that he will do the op if I lose weight before. Then had another e-mail from Frederik offering me dates. What a relief. If anyone knows of a good Low fat diet please will you let me know. I cant wait now, just got some hard dieting to do first.

Take Care

Jackie xx:lol:

fantastic, well done, on the diet thing there is no such list in my mind, all i do was reduce overall my calories and reduce the fat down to no more than 5% in a 100g of anything. Have you calculated how much you need to loose in how many weeks, if you do PM me with the info along with your height, weight and age and I will calculate the ammount of cals you should be eating per day to reach your goal. I know you may not want to disclose that info to me but, we are all in the same boat here so dont worry about it.

Take care

Gx

HEY ALL

I wil be banded on 6-6-09 by Dr. Christan De Bruyne in Dubai...

:thumbup:Soooo Pleased for your Jackie,:)

Jackie, Garry's advise re the low fat and less than 5% is realy good, I did this for about 2 weeks maybe a little more b4 I had my op and I lost a stone. I am a big girl anyway and need to lose around 7 stone maybe a little more, but it worked for me. I had my op nearly a week ago and I have lost another 1/2 stone, You cant tell though:frown: lol, but I can see the scales so that is all that matters. Good Luck Jackie, all will be well, keep smiling,

Nano, congratulations on booking you date, Dubai!!!, r u holidaying as well as your op x

Sorry peeps, How rude of me Good morning everyone xx

HEY ALL

I wil be banded on 6-6-09 by Dr. Christan De Bruyne in Dubai...

Wow Dubai sounds good......Is it any more expensive for the surgery? I wonder if CDB does a package!!! I suppose you then have to book a holiday. I bet my mum would rather I took her there than go to Brussels. :) I think its beyond my budget though. How long does it take to fly to Dubai. I'm not that good on planes. But I am going to take Gillians advice and Fly to Brussels. The thought of all the changes on the train put me off, especially if I'm not feeling my best.

Jackie

Hey Nano..m getting banded in Dubai as well...july or aug sometime...not sure yet...but my family lives here soo it would be easier for me as i know the place blind folded....was born and raised here only recently moved to canada....

Well i back lol what a few days well i met odgemodge and tee bird what a pair honestly they put me on the drink monday night 5bottles of wine and a good few jugs of stella later and we were all in good form i dont think they even needed anastetic they would of been able to sllep through the op on their own lol and the drinking finished up at about half 1 lol well everyone got on great i couldnt believe how good they were compared to me and even went for a walk round vilvorde yesterday everything went perfect for all of them dr chris done 6patients that i seen on tuesday... On monday i went for xray everything perfect and where it should be and got .5ml but could still eat bread and everything yesterday so fred came and gave me another fill he tried another .5but could only get .3in so im gona do liquids till at least monday but i feel no different so far and can gulp down liquids without a prob so i dont know what to think that brings me up to 8.05mls dr chris said we had a 7ml band that can be over filled to about 8.5mls so im right up the top end so pretty scared but we'l see how i go but defo if anyone has the chance to meet odge and teebird u will have a laugh and a hangover the next day lol but so glad to meet them their lovely

Wow Dubai sounds good......Is it any more expensive for the surgery? I wonder if CDB does a package!!! I suppose you then have to book a holiday. I bet my mum would rather I took her there than go to Brussels. :) I think its beyond my budget though. How long does it take to fly to Dubai. I'm not that good on planes. But I am going to take Gillians advice and Fly to Brussels. The thought of all the changes on the train put me off, especially if I'm not feeling my best.

Jackie

yes sounds great..i had heard he did them in dubai too, perhaps he does them inbetween while hes on holiday there!?..i know the hospitals are fantastic there too..x

Well i back lol what a few days well i met odgemodge and tee bird what a pair honestly they put me on the drink monday night 5bottles of wine and a good few jugs of stella later and we were all in good form i dont think they even needed anastetic they would of been able to sllep through the op on their own lol and the drinking finished up at about half 1 lol well everyone got on great i couldnt believe how good they were compared to me and even went for a walk round vilvorde yesterday everything went perfect for all of them dr chris done 6patients that i seen on tuesday... On monday i went for xray everything perfect and where it should be and got .5ml but could still eat bread and everything yesterday so fred came and gave me another fill he tried another .5but could only get .3in so im gona do liquids till at least monday but i feel no different so far and can gulp down liquids without a prob so i dont know what to think that brings me up to 8.05mls dr chris said we had a 7ml band that can be over filled to about 8.5mls so im right up the top end so pretty scared but we'l see how i go but defo if anyone has the chance to meet odge and teebird u will have a laugh and a hangover the next day lol but so glad to meet them their lovely

hi flirty,so glad to hear the good news that your band is fine!..welcome back to the others.sounds like the craic was good! x

Hi again all you banders!

well looks like i will be going ahead with the surgery as got a date for late June from Frederik!

now i have to pay the deposit of 470euros into their bank account so does anyone have good advice re the easiest and best way to get the cash to themdo you just go into your local bank with the euros and ask them to wire it into their account??

cheers

Edited by timeisnow

i am glad your all safe but i canny believe you had them drinking the night before there op hahahahahahahaha thats special.

gx

haha drinking wouldnt of been too bad but it was a session i actually ended up in bed before my mate and tee bird the bar was spinning couldnt take anymore but yes between 3 5bottles of vino and a lot of stella oh and we had coctails as well lol just priceless the night before a op pure madness... You would of enjoyed the craic garry haha

Jackie

Jackie, you might want to look at Heathrow to Brussells with BMI it cost me less than £140 return for two people, and the times are great.