Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Gillian.........at the mo my bmi is 58.8 and I have to get it down to 55. I'm just waiting to see if he will still book me in. The trouble is I'm short, I should of added a couple of inches to might hight and then it might of been ok. Mind I've just been to sainsburys feeling a bit depressed and I've bought a load of rubbish, some of it I have already tucked into (big pack of crisps)If Dr Chris says that he will go ahead and book the surgery that will give me all the incentive I need to lose the weight.

Jackie xx

Hi Gillian.........at the mo my bmi is 58.8 and I have to get it down to 55. I'm just waiting to see if he will still book me in. The trouble is I'm short, I should of added a couple of inches to might hight and then it might of been ok. Mind I've just been to sainsburys feeling a bit depressed and I've bought a load of rubbish, some of it I have already tucked into (big pack of crisps)If Dr Chris says that he will go ahead and book the surgery that will give me all the incentive I need to lose the weight.

Jackie xx

Hi Jackie, if you got a print out of the letter CDB sent you take it along to your GP ask for their help, and also go onto the NHS wait list, they will sometimes do the op even if you've a higher BMI. Also ask doctors if they can provide Meal Replacements similar to cambridge diet/lighter life, nag nag nag them you've made the decision now so dont loose motivation just use everyone and anything you can to help you carry out your plan. Good luck. whatever you decide this thread will keep you motivated so keep in touch. Also pm Gary he's a fab guy and has been in your possition, and CDB kept his word with him.

Hi mmm.......Thanks for the advice. I tried the NHS but they said that I did not have severe co-morbidity problem eg. severe high blood pressure, apnia or diabeties so they refused me. Then I explored funding it myself. The same team (NHS) will do it privately but it costs £7.500.

Good idea to see it the doctor will give me something like 'lighterlife'. I will pm Garry and ask him his advise as well. Can anyone explain to me how I private message someone!!!

Jackie xx:mad2:

Edited by jackiem

Hi mmm.......Thanks for the advice. I tried the NHS but they said that I did not have severe co-morbidity problem eg. severe high blood pressure, apnia or diabeties so they refused me. Then I explored funding it myself. The same team (NHS) will do it privately but it costs £7.500.

Good idea to see it the doctor will give me something like 'lighterlife'. I will pm Garry and ask him his advise as well. Can anyone explain to me how I private message someone!!!

Jackie xx:mad2:

hi jackie to private message someone..click on there user name to the left in the blue shaded bit..it will then give you that option. i do feel for you..i prob would have gone and bought the whole deli if id have got turned down..dont give up though, do what mmm said and take printout of dr chris letter to your doc..and really lay it on!..isnt it terrible that the same nhs team will do it for you for 7.5k privatly!!..its all about money..but you will be saving the nhs thousands cos the things that come with obesity..ie diabetes will end up costing the nhs in treatment. it was on tv that a gastric band costs the same as a year of treatment for diabetes.....one day they may realise?! its preventative surgery!... good luck, dont give up...fight for it...you can do it, we believe in you!!..x

:smile2: good article in this weeks 'love it' mag..its only 50p this week.. a woman who had gastric bypass and then went to brussels for tummy tucks etc..infact she went back for 3 diff lots of surgery and is thinking of going back for even more! shes not had any facial work done but she doesnt look like she did before at all!.. x

Oh my God........I'm devistated.......Just had an e-mail from Dr Chris saying that my BMI is too high for surgery. He said that I would have to lose 20kg. I've wrote back promising that I would lose the weight before the surgery. 20kg is easy to lose, its keeping it off for any lengh of time I find hard. I dont know what I will do if he wont book me in, I've now set my heart on this. I feel so sad:frown:

Jackie

Jakie, I am so sorry to hear this, at least you know that doc Chris is only thinking of you, go to the docs ask for some help,dont give up, try the low fat diet, I found it hard, but I lost 1/2 a stone b4 going for the op. Keep your chin up Hun and keep smiling Mandy:thumbup:

Help needed,:smile2:, How do I put infomation on my message thingy, ie, weight lose, when I had my band fitted etc. I have tried, but I cant do it lol:blush:

Help needed,:smile2:, How do I put infomation on my message thingy, ie, weight lose, when I had my band fitted etc. I have tried, but I cant do it lol:blush:

Hi mandyf - if you go into your profile and then click on the 'about me' tab, it will let you add some info in the 'signature' bit which will show at the bottom of all your postings, bigsister x

Hi mandyf - if you go into your profile and then click on the 'about me' tab, it will let you add some info in the 'signature' bit which will show at the bottom of all your postings, bigsister x

Thanks for that, I will give it a try xx

Wendy really is lovely. I can defo recommend WLS to anyone. She's been doing this quite a long time and I trust her advice.

Anyway I am off to the in law's in a bit. Still can't decide whether or not to tell them or to just lie!! So I won't be on line for a few days. I tried some of the puree I had done for Harrison before and it hurts (very tasty lasagne though!!). He won't eat the baby food jars (another foodie!!) so I've got a good range of meals in the freezer for him, I'll be dipping into them too! I think I can get away with just having Soup at dinner time and then play along with it tomorrow.

I defo think I'll be having a small unfill a week on Sunday esp as we're going to Tenerife 2 weeks after that.

Hi sammy, Have you got the number for WLS pls and were do you have your fills done on Sunday Thanks xx

Hi sammy, Have you got the number for WLS pls and were do you have your fills done on Sunday Thanks xx

Hi Mandyf - the WLS website is www.wlsgroup.co.uk and you will find all the various clinic locations on there along with their contact details. I think the only clinic on a Sat/Sun is the London one but I'm not 100% certain. Bigsister x

Oh Jackie, you poor thing, I bet you feel dreadful.

Damn NHS pi$$ me off big time, how can they say they'll do it if you pay but refuse you cos you dont meet their criteria, they told me that I was too fit to have the op...huh!!!!

No worries babe, you will get it done, if you are determined to get weight off to enable you to have the op, you're halfway there. I know you'll do it...if only to join the losers gang lol. Good luck hunny xxx

I have booked myself and my daughter in with freddy boy in Manchester tomorrow.

She's the one that is pregnant and wants a de-fill.

I asked Dr Deprez if it would be ok for me to have another fill, having just had one on Saturday and he said have a chat to freddy maybe I only need .5ml in for good restriction.

The same damn .5 ml that Michael took out duh!!!

Last night for my tea I ate a whole packet of bachelors noodles, well thats not good restriction I know, cos when my other band was working I couldnt even eat noodles.

I was a little worried cos it will only be 5 days since my last fill.

But i have waited since february 2008 to get to this point so if you snooze you lose as they say.

hi all!! new to this site found it whilst searching for information re Dr Chris De Bruyne as i am awaiting a reply from himself or his assistant called "Frederick" re Band Surgery?

I was contacted by a lady called Tullia Law who i presume is the UK agent for Dr Chris but was totally put off when she mentioned paying all the cash upfront.

I would much prefer booking with him myself and paying most of the fee once in Brussels and when i have actually spoken to him.

Any information or tips on dealing with Dr Chris the actual surgery, hotel and travelling is very very much appreciated!!

also to add any info from men who have had it done would also be very useful from my own point of view.

phew.. thanks

Edited by timeisnow

Thats it! Ive made up my mind and I have emailed Frederick asking to book me in for the 26th of June. What have I done, I really need this, I have spoken about this for over a year, why do I feel so guilty, happy, scared and anxious at the same time. I know part of it is I will have to go on sick leave and lie about why. I haven't told my 3 boys of my decision as one of them aged 21 is doing his finals for his degree just now and would only worry. The other two, twins of 19 today!, would probably think of what they could do with the 4000 pound and say they will take me to their football training to get the weight off. Young and slim they really dont understand. I wish Frderick would get in touch to confirm the date then I could book my flight. I only emailed him 2 hours ago!!!! Anyway sorry for babbling my nerves are getting the better of me. By the way Gary thanks for the advice you really went out your way and your willpower is tremendous.Thank you sooooo! much. Janicex