Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Homecare

I too wanted to get banded in July, I have the summer off and return to work at the begining of Sept. I as also hoping I could have the op without having to let everyone at work know. Not that I am ashamed of it but there all really thin people and they just dont know what its like to be fat and fedup. I can almost hear them talking about me spending soo much money on an op when 'all I have to do is go on a diet'

Ah well, we will get it done, I cant wait- I wish I could go now

Jackie

i know what you mean..the thin people think that all you need to do is go on a diet!!!..like big sister said before....oh my god!!, i never thought of doing that!!!..they have no idea, and would be watching your back all the time..i feel i have that now in the school playground with the other mothers who it got leaked to! i can feel the eyes on me..they think its not working, but it is, slowly and steadily, and i will show them!. like others who dont understand they think its cheating and you will be a size zero a month after op. well it isnt cheating, you are still on a diet but its like a forced diet that you will stick to and wont pile all the weight back on. its not an overnight miracle.. and if it was just as easy as 'just go on a diet' we wouldnt be spending so much and putting ourselves thro an op and discomfort..weve all been thro this and say...you go for it jackie and good luck! x

When are you thinking of booking. Ive got to wait until July to get cash thats owing to me. If I could book tomorrow I would but have to wait and see. J

Hi homecare..hope you get your money together and can get an appointment in july..i didnt get the last thousand together til about 2 days before i left!..but i would have begged stole and borrowed to get it. it was all i could focus on. depending on your job, you could say have 2 or 3 days off then have a tummy bug for a few more days like sammy said?. or like me who has lifting etc.. i said id got an hospital appointment one day, then the week after said id got a date for the hernia op (the scars and recovery would be the same ish) tell em its the day before (for travel) and then you would only be having few more days off after..then when they see your dressings and scars etc,tell em you have to take it easy.i got a doctors note, and my sister did too for 2 weeks off if i needed.(she just put operation in the reason bit) it was easy to get away with!. isnt it awfull that we have to lie!. good luck anyway x

Thanks Gillian............I've just e-mailed Frederik and asked to be booked in for the 4th August, my mum has agreed to come with me. I think shes a bit worried about hanging around on her own while i'm in the hospital, but i told her to have a gook at this site and see that most people take others with them so she probably wont beon her own.

Did anyone go to Brussels by eurostar. the flights are cheap but by the time you put all the charges on they go up and up. it would cost me about £400 whereas eurostar is about £100. I'm not tight but I have to what the pennies now as I'm using all of my savings for this. :mad2:

98kf7w190q.gif

morning freckles..im coming to live at your house i think, i will borrow your daughter whos gone to oz room til she gets back?! its not a sunny tuesday here, its freezing, also a BBQ last night!!.bet you really live in marbella or summat!. cant wait for warmer weather to come here. anyway me and bigsister going for fill today. im gonna have the minimum amount poss, but ill prob be scared of overfill even cos i know it gets very sensitive at this stage doesnt it..ill be watching myself like a hawk..i know it was day after i felt it more..in the morning..its still tighter in the morning now but my portions have gone up a bit. well,im glad to hear your getting restriction and youll start losing quicker now.. hope all is ok with your family. gillian x

Goodmorning Freckles ..........Its beautiful and sunny her in Bristol as well.

Gillian Goodmornig to you a well.............I love the advice you have given to Homecare, I would'nt hae knwn the op scareswere the same as a hernia op. I might have to go for that option if I could not get the op during the summer!!! :mad2: Got to go to work now.

Take care everyone and have a nice day (bit american isnt it)

Jackie xx

Thanks Gillian............I've just e-mailed Frederik and asked to be booked in for the 4th August, my mum has agreed to come with me. I think shes a bit worried about hanging around on her own while i'm in the hospital, but i told her to have a gook at this site and see that most people take others with them so she probably wont beon her own.

Did anyone go to Brussels by eurostar. the flights are cheap but by the time you put all the charges on they go up and up. it would cost me about £400 whereas eurostar is about £100. I'm not tight but I have to what the pennies now as I'm using all of my savings for this. :mad2:

think one of the girls out there being operated on today went on eurostar. it was something i had thought of and looked into but being a long way from london decided to fly. its really quick to brussells isnt it!! good luck and glad you got your date..just the countdown now! x

Goodmorning Freckles ..........Its beautiful and sunny her in Bristol as well.

Gillian Goodmornig to you a well.............I love the advice you have given to Homecare, I would'nt hae knwn the op scareswere the same as a hernia op. I might have to go for that option if I could not get the op during the summer!!! :mad2: Got to go to work now.

Take care everyone and have a nice day (bit american isnt it)

Jackie xx

Ha. yes you will get away with it being a hernia op..i did!. i went in and showed em at work and said i wasnt completly up to coming back as quick as i thought..they were fine..best to wait til you have stitch out really anyway if you have heavier job. have a nice day!

Hi all again, your all doing great, thanks for the advise re wind, I am just hoping that it will go soon. I am well otherwise, just a little pain from one of the areas, I am very suprised that I feel so well. I am going to go to work 2moz, I will be taking it slow and not over doing things. Here I go again, can any one advise me when I should be thinking of having my first fill, any advise would be good, thanks

:mad2:

hi mandy hope your feeling bit better this morning?..that wind is a pain isnt it!!..i felt it in my shoulder for a while after...you will feel better every day..i know there was a point when i said..i wish i hadnt had it done even!..youll soon be reaping the rewards though..and it will be all more than worth it! good luck!

:mad2: sammy, i hope its calmed down a bit now?..follow wendys advice..i know i was fine swallowing the Water after last fill and was ok with drinks etc and thought it hadnt made much difference till the next morning when after cup of tea in bed..i tried to get a smoothie down, and i panicked, as it wasnt going down..my mouth was watering and you think you cant breathe with a brick in your chest!..it is bit scary.. so that day it was just liquids, and slimfast shakes..tried Soup at night and only had about third of a bowl..i lost more that week than any time..so bet you do too..bet your bit nervous of your next fill now..i was and didnt have one at next appointment, and im even bit nervous having one today..6 weeks on..ill ask for least they can, rather than it be overfill as at this stage even the tiniest amount can make big difference...ill report back anyway! x

Hiya thanks for the reassurance ive been up half the night worrying about this im booked in for friday 29th May do yo think ill be ok then?

Hi all im getting a bit worried now as i booked my date with Frederick in march and he said i was now on his operation list and said that i needed the deposit in their account at least 2 weeks before my op well ive only just managed to get all the money together and with you lot saying that all his dates are booked up im worried he will of given my slot away what do you all think????? ive been waiting so long i would be devastated if he has, i have emailed him tonight to let him know that i will be transfering the money in to their account tomorrow but im not able to get access to my email while im at work so its going to kill me tomorrow waiting till i get home!!! also what is this milk thistle you have been talking about and what is best for the pre op diet is it just low fat food? so to be a pain just worried now, thanks guys tc tanya x x

Hi ............ I'm sure your date will be fine. I'm only looking at august because Dr CDB is away for three weeks in July and I cant have time off of work outside the school hols. Dont worry you can always give them a ring to reassure yourself.

Take Care

Jackie xx

:mad2: sammy, i hope its calmed down a bit now?..follow wendys advice..i know i was fine swallowing the Water after last fill and was ok with drinks etc and thought it hadnt made much difference till the next morning when after cup of tea in bed..i tried to get a smoothie down, and i panicked, as it wasnt going down..my mouth was watering and you think you cant breathe with a brick in your chest!..it is bit scary.. so that day it was just liquids, and slimfast shakes..tried Soup at night and only had about third of a bowl..i lost more that week than any time..so bet you do too..bet your bit nervous of your next fill now..i was and didnt have one at next appointment, and im even bit nervous having one today..6 weeks on..ill ask for least they can, rather than it be overfill as at this stage even the tiniest amount can make big difference...ill report back anyway! x

Hi Gillian - it's a bit better but still on iced liquids. Hope you and Bigsis get on OK today. Let us know!!

Wow Gary your on your way to being a lean, keen, running machine, the op was really life changing for you, and its fab to know your taking full advantage of being really fit.

The restriction I had is wearing off now so I must try really hard not to gain any weight this weekend when I go to the smallholders show at the Royal Welsh Showground at Builth Wells, (I'm steward) all accommodation and meals are provided free of charge so it'll be a temptation, I come home on Monday and fly back to France on Wednesday for more temptation.

I'll just have to think how good it felt when I was loosing weight at the beginning of the month, and hope not to undo the good work.

Naughty sisters, let me know how your fill went today, It'll be interesting to know how much you had put in. xxx

Hi everyone,

I hope you are all doing well!

I am due for my next fill on the 28th May, I am looking forward to this as I don't seem to have any restriction after my first fill. The weight I have lost was mostly lost on the low fat diet and on the journey to Belgium. I have lost a few pounds and my clothes do feel a bet looser, my friends say I am looking trimmer. I do feel very well, there are no after effects from the op and the scars have healed very well, any tenderness I had round the port has gone. The only difference I feel so far is that I can no longer gorge myself, actually I'll reword that, I can gorge myself on food, it just doesn't take so much food to feel gorged! In other words I am eating less, unfortunately the bad stuff still goes down, and I'm affraid this will always be the case! Anything that melts on the tongue will still fit through the band regardless of restriction, so all chocaholics beware, the band unfortunately can't stop you eating chocolate!

Take care everyone.

Fatpants