Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks so much Gillian your reply has made me laugh and cry at the same time. J

oh good!...i think!?. LOL!. as long as it has made you feel less guilty..my job is done!..now i look forward to hearing that you have booked it!..i might well not have if it wasnt for the support of all the great members on here you know x

:frown::thumbup: Hi everyone, I am back. I arrived back last nite about 7.30, everything went well. I am feeling not to bad, except the wind, plesssss guys, any advise. I have walked for england, and it is still there. I met 5 other peeps from the uk who had the band done at the same time, as far as I know they are all doing good as well. Its good to be home lolxxxxxxx

I am so glad all ok. I so wish it was me. Was it sore, I am such a coward. Any way you have started your Journey to a slim new you, well done. J x

:frown::thumbup: Hi everyone, I am back. I arrived back last nite about 7.30, everything went well. I am feeling not to bad, except the wind, plesssss guys, any advise. I have walked for england, and it is still there. I met 5 other peeps from the uk who had the band done at the same time, as far as I know they are all doing good as well. Its good to be home lolxxxxxxx

HI MANDY!! welcome back! glad it all went great for you..we knew it would tho! wind pain..ouch! it does get better,i can promise you, it lasts a week to 10 days post op,it gets bit better every day..i tried everything and cant say owt works brill, remegel chews helped me more than anything..or try gaviscon liquid. but what does help...and im gonna be graphic here!!..is a good clear out with a liquid laxative(good dose of it too!)..it makes all the wind that we cant get up travel downwards...if you know what i mean!!..just make sure no one is around the toilet and your window is open!..it really does help. i had some lactolose from docs, i dunno if you can buy it over counter, but you can feel all the wind moving down (and out!)..sorry everyone else..but its tip i have to share!..good luck! x

Welcome back mandyfielding, get lots of rest, and lactolose worked for me to, and I did'nt even have wind. Keep well xxxmmmxxx

Hi, welcome home. So glad that all went well, it will be me in 2 weeks!!! Tell all - what time was your op, were you ok when you got back to the hotel. Did you sleep a lot. What are you managing to eat (drink)? Was there many of you being operated on that day? Please, please tell all

Westie x

:thumbup:Thanks everyone for the welcome backs. I am feeling ok, just a little tired. I have no regrets for what I have just been though, I am now a lucky loser and looking forward to loseing more, thanks everyone for your advise, with ur motivation, help and advise I would not have been as ready for the op as I was. Thanks again peeps. xxxxxxxxxx

hes a busy bloke isnt he(and prob very rich too)!!..he has had lots of practice..think there were 5 of us women done on same day from uk, at least 1 man was done,but they were in another room and a woman from belgium opposite me..so if he does 7 a day and does them 2 days a week (was anyone else different from tues or friday?) thats 14 a week 728 a year. and hes flying all over uk and ireland doing fills the rest of the week and consultations..i havent heard of anyones op going wrong in the slightest...so all you newbies..thats got to put your mind at rest?! youll be in excellent hands x

Just found out he takes 3 weeks off in July when I wanted to get done. Just my luck I will have to rethink my schedule as I was hoping it would fall in with the Glasgow fair Monday. {a bank holiday} I cant have any more time off my work as I have had 2 weeks off already and I am going to Florida in August for 2 weeks so cannot book any more over the summer. I also admit that I do not want my boss to find out. Damn!!!!

Hi Mandy and welcome back! SO glad everything went OK - we knew it would :frown:! How nice to have other Brit's having their op too. I was on my own when I had my op - maybe as it was Friday 13th!! Sorry to hear you have wind, I only got a bit a few days later in my shoulder. The barium meal really gave me the runs (!!) so that may have helped! I defo didn't need any laxatives to help me!!

Gillian and mmm thanks so much for you posts. I was really starting to worry especially when I was choking last pm. I text Wendy and she phoned me back. She said to stay on liquids for a few extra days and just SIP iced cold liquids (lolly's etc) which I've been doing. It defo feels better than it did but still very tight. I will defo be on liquids for a good few days - I could'nt eat anything anyway, even if you offered me a million pounds! I don't even feel hungry! SO I guess the band is donig it's job. Just a little too well. It's quite a scary experience. Well hopefully I'll shift some weight after all this!!

Thanks Gillian - that's put my mind at rest a bit. I've managed to drink half glass of smoothie and a small amount of Water. I will defo be taking it easy!! I'll see how I get on for the next few days. As long as I don't get dehydrated it should be OK. I don't think I'll be having a fill next appointment!! Also will be gonig to Tenerife in 4 weeks so will need to mention it as really DON'T wanna feel like this on holiday!! Plus it'll be hotter. I just panick a bit especially as I'm on my own for the next couple of weeks with Harrison my baby and don't want to get weak for his sake!!

Did you feel as if u were choknig at all during the night!!

Hi Sammy - hope it has settled down a bit now? That doesn't sound nice so hope I don't end up like that tomorrow. Did you feel it straight away while you were drinking the water before you left the clinic or did it start later? I would have phoned Wendy/WLS helpline for advice if I had been you, it's a 24 hour service. Take care, Bigsister x

Just found out he takes 3 weeks off in July when I wanted to get done. Just my luck I will have to rethink my schedule as I was hoping it would fall in with the Glasgow fair Monday. {a bank holiday} I cant have any more time off my work as I have had 2 weeks off already and I am going to Florida in August for 2 weeks so cannot book any more over the summer. I also admit that I do not want my boss to find out. Damn!!!!

Oh no what are you gonna do? Can you book a few days off and come down with a mysterious tummy bug for another few days? Not that I prompt sickies but in theory u would be sick - kind of! I wanted to have my op as soon as I had made my mind up (New Year's Eve when I didn't want to leave my seat in case people looked at me). I booked pretty early on in January but had to wait until March when my hubby would be at home. Let us know what u decide to do x

:thumbup:Thanks everyone for the welcome backs. I am feeling ok, just a little tired. I have no regrets for what I have just been though, I am now a lucky loser and looking forward to loseing more, thanks everyone for your advise, with ur motivation, help and advise I would not have been as ready for the op as I was. Thanks again peeps. xxxxxxxxxx

Hi MandyF and add mine to the welcome backs. For the gas pain, I found it helped me to straighten my back out and tip my head back and it seemed to ease it a bit for me, altho as others have said, it appears you can't get rid of it altogether, it has to run its course over about 10 days but does improve day by day. Hope you have a good recovery, bigsister x

Hi Sammy - hope it has settled down a bit now? That doesn't sound nice so hope I don't end up like that tomorrow. Did you feel it straight away while you were drinking the Water before you left the clinic or did it start later? I would have phoned Wendy/WLS helpline for advice if I had been you, it's a 24 hour service. Take care, Bigsister x

Thanks Bigsis our posts crossed!! I did text Wendy who replied quickly saying 'don't panic, drink iced liquids and I'll call you later' which she did. It's so good to have that helpline.

When I drank the water at the surgery it felt tightish but not like it was yesterday. I'm OK now though it is still uncomfortable to drink but not as bad. I'll prop myself again in bed again, like when I was in hospital. Let gravity help!!

Thanks Bigsis our posts crossed!! I did text Wendy who replied quickly saying 'don't panic, drink iced liquids and I'll call you later' which she did. It's so good to have that helpline.

When I drank the Water at the surgery it felt tightish but not like it was yesterday. I'm OK now though it is still uncomfortable to drink but not as bad. I'll prop myself again in bed again, like when I was in hospital. Let gravity help!!

Glad to hear it's a bit better Sammy - feeling stressed can also make it tighten so obviously if you were tense, it would be making it worse. However, I'm pretty certain Wendy wouldn't take any chances if she felt you needed urgent attention and having her tell you it's ok and not to panic helps to calm you down I expect. Let us know tomorrow what sort of night you've had tonight. Will be thinking about you, look after yourself, bigsister x