Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Freckles,

I totally understand you paranoia. How did you know the band wasn't right? Were you in really bad pain? I don't know how I had 4 children, 2 of them being twins born breech as my pain threshold is minimal!! Be honest girlies....is the pain so awful? It won't put me off believe me but I just want to be prepared.

By the way Freckles your hair is lovely, you are so brave to put a photo on, maybe when I'm skinny......

Hey shelly the pain isnt bad at all i didnt take painkillers after leaving the hospital i tried the ones they gave me but one sip and that was it they are horrible but i can honestly say i didnt find the pain bad at all i just felt heavy being so swollen and tight more dis comfort than pain but i was quite sick and nauseous after the anastetic but everyone else seemed to be grand also my belly was completely black and bruised but no one elses was haha just me

Thanks Flirty. I heard you talking about the neurofen melts so I'll get them before I go. Did you fly home on the early Aerlingus flight? There's one that leaves brussels at 10.10am the day after discharge so I'm wondering would it be ok to go on that or should I wait for the evening one at 9.30pm?

Hey shelly yeah thats the flight i got home and i got the early flight over my friend is getting the same flights too not a problem... Yeah i find the nurofen melts handy always have them in my bag

Thanks Flirty. I heard you talking about the neurofen melts so I'll get them before I go. Did you fly home on the early Aerlingus flight? There's one that leaves brussels at 10.10am the day after discharge so I'm wondering would it be ok to go on that or should I wait for the evening one at 9.30pm?

Hi guys,sorry hav,ent been on in a while not much to report,i had my second fill on Thurs Fred put 2mls in brought me up to 5mls don't think have much restriction Fred said he thinks it will take another 2 fills to get me there hopefully, its just very frustrating waiting another month so jealous you guys ever two weeks:wub: never mind it will be all worth it in end

the best of luck to peeps who are having surgery this week and next week you soon be on here telling us how you got on you wont regret it all tho its a bit frustrating with the fills i can honestly say i would still be in the same rut with my weight and heavier,it has been a new lease of life to me i have lost three stone i know its my will power at the mo, i just keep saying to myself this is going to work for me and i will get good restriction soon great to see all the new peeps on this forum you have come to the right place the guys here are great support :tt2::smile:

Hi Freckles glad to hear your mum is settling in and your daughter is ok you have to make time and look after yourself glad your fill went ok i say you where so relieved happy days lol:smile:

Good luck Flirtylass for your fill you have done so well lol:smile:

Sorry if i have left anyone out hope your all doing ok:smile::biggrin:

Very warm welcome to the newbies:smile::biggrin:

Hi Shelly great to see another Dub im originally from Dublin but living in Kildare the last ten years you wont regret going to Belgium for your surgery Dr Chris and his team are very professional, im an emotional eater to addicted to choc i wont touch it don't trust myself yet not till i get to my goal it dos,ent seem to bother me at the mo, i also stuck with Fred for my fills in case something went wrong better the devil you know, if you have any ? fire away glad to help if i can, i also came home on the early flight was just a bit weak you be fine, sorry for going on so much making up for lost time:wink:

Morning all,

I've just read the post about injections - whats that all about??

Why do we have to have them? What are they for? Who injects you? do you do it yourself? Eek... Glad I heard it now rather than when I got there, ha ha,

Hi westboure wow not long now for your Op time goes really fast... After operation you will have to take anti blood clotting injections in your stomache which they will show you how to do them... Quite simple really needle not that big I didn't feel it to be honest.. You'll be fine. CW

Morning all,

I've just read the post about injections - whats that all about??

Why do we have to have them? What are they for? Who injects you? do you do it yourself? Eek... Glad I heard it now rather than when I got there, ha ha,

Hi everyone. Not been on in a while, v busy and also been finding it hard going for a few weeks now. Got a fill appt on Tues which will be my 5th (got 5.75ml in at mo) and hoping for some restriction with this one. Anyone considering going with WLS for aftercare can rest assured they are very, very good. Wendy who does all the fills in whichever city they do their clinics is great and so experienced and knowledgeable.

Hello and welcome to all new forum users (too many of you to name individually!)

Westbourne - you get given your post op injections when you leave the hospital - they do your first one and show you how to do it as well cos you have to do it yourself for the following 5 days. I was very scared of having to do it myself but the needle is so fine, you can hardly feel it - honestly! Or you can get your partner or someone else you live with to do it for you?

I took some Nurofen melts with me to Belgium and I know some people think they are great but I had a bit of a problem with them as they kind of 'froth' up a bit in your mouth and so I couldn't be doing with em. However, after we had been banded another post bandster (Sammy?) said they had taken Lemsip hot lemon sachets for pain relief which I thought was a really good idea and good for getting down as it's a liquid. My sister (forum user Gillian) took Calpol 6+ and found this best for her.

Think the pain/discomfort is quite different for everybody. Myself and Gillian suffered a fair bit for the first 18/20 hours post surgery but I felt fine when I was leaving hospital but then had a couple of setbacks in the 36 hours after landing back in UK with a couple of bouts of bad nausea/sickness but this may well have been the anaesthetic.

Freckles - I am so glad everything was ok when you went for your fill, I was as nervous for you as if it had been myself! Glad everyone in your family is doing good at the moment - you deserve things to go well now after a rubbish few months. Thank you for sending me the e-mails too, I will send you some others have sent me altho some are a bit near the knuckle and I know you are a very demure, chaste laydee who fills her day with charity work and afternoon tea with the vicar(?!)

Sammy - glad you are well up with your fills, think you have got about as much in as I have, if not more?

Mmm - hope you are doing well and not given into all the good snap while you are in France and will look forward to hearing from you once you get back.

Flirty - am really keeping fingers and everything else crossed for you that it all goes well in Belgium and you get what you hope for - we all really would like to see you getting some band help now.

Enjoy the rest of the weekend everyone, take care all, Bigsis x

Glad to see you back big sister, I have missed you, Hope you have a good fill. My last fill was quite wierd, I had hiccups for 3 days, but now its settled, and somedays I get some restriction but not all - its all very strange. I'm due to fly back out to france on week wed 20th for 1 week and then possibly try another fill when I get back but I dont think I'm far off now.

Glad all turned out ok freckles, and hopefully your band will kick in soon.

Welcome to all the new members this thread is such a support, keep tuned in.

Where's my mate Gary gone ????

XXXMMMXXX

woop woop weighed today and have lost all the weight I put on during my first trip to France and a few more pounds. I think this band is beginning to work :tt2:

woop woop weighed today and have lost all the weight I put on during my first trip to France and a few more pounds. I think this band is beginning to work :tt2:

Hey, way (weigh) to go mmm. Pleased you are getting somewhere at last, will report in after my weigh in on Tuesday - but only if it's good news, will be devastated if not! I haven't any scales at home now and so have no idea how much lost/put on whatever til I go to the clinic. Have been out for a couple of meals in the last 4 weeks since last fill and so not expecting super loss but hoping there has been at least a few lbs, don't think I can take the news if it has stayed the same or worse, put some on! Went to sister Gillian's last night for usual Sat night curry, had most of a main course but only about a third of the sauce and a couple of tblspns of rice and then she forced me to have some of the pear bakewell tart she had made with some posh custard (the one made with triple cream etc) - who knows what damage she has inflicted on me - sibling rivalry has a lot to answer for! Keep your fingers crossed for me....bigsis x

Hello everyone glad it went well Freckles. I have been on the internet all day yesterday researching this gastric band. A couple of issues I am still unsure about can any of you good people help me? I have read that you cannot get banded if you have hypothioridism, ie an underactive thyroid I think. Secondly if Dr Chris fits your band and you then go to wls for fills and they pierce it what happens? Thirdly how come some people can go for fills on this site more reguarly than others? and finally does anyone know how much the package is with Dr Chris. I have emailed him but still waiting for a reply:cursing: I know I am rambling but Iam sooo excitied and want to get as much info as possible.

P.S so glad I found this site j:tt1:

Hi Homecare,

I'm a newby at this too but I do know the cost of the package. It's €4070. Don't know what that works out in sterling though. That includes the operation and hotel and transfers. I emailed Frederik and Dr Chris. Just like all the others on this site, Dr Chris said he's forward details to the management team which is Frederik. I hoped to get in for June 2 but now he tells me in an email this morning that now it's fully booked. I'm devastated. My advice would be to email Frederik frederik.serneels@ecfs.be . He was very quick to respond to me.

Just like you I've tonnes of questions going around my head. My mum wonders if you can still eat the same (as a few people can on this site) then what's the point in having it at all? My mum is of the opinion it's going to make her thin overnight but I know it's just a tool to help me get where I wanna go.

Thanks to everyone again for the welcomes, it means alot.

Edited by ShellyG

Thanks Shellyg for the quick reply. I have only decided its what I want to do and my head is buzzing. I was hoping to maybe get it done around July as I am going to Florida in August and feel I would have recovered from the Op then. I am not sure how long his waiting lists are? Or how often he comes to Scotland for fills. I have noticed that some people go to wls for fills and I am investigating this at the moment. I have verbally been offered the operation through lighterlife at a cost of £6950 by Dr. Super in Birmingham. Though I must stress it was only over the phone and as my BMI is 35.4 I dont know if once I got there He would accept me. Looking at all the options just now. J:cursing:

Hi Homecare,

I'm a newby at this too but I do know the cost of the package. It's €4070. Don't know what that works out in sterling though. That includes the operation and hotel and transfers. I emailed Frederik and Dr Chris. Just like all the others on this site, Dr Chris said he's forward details to the management team which is Frederik. I hoped to get in for June 2 but now he tells me in an email this morning that now it's fully booked. I'm devastated. My advice would be to email Frederik frederik.serneels@ecfs.be . He was very quick to respond to me.

Just like you I've tonnes of questions going around my head. My mum wonders if you can still eat the same (as a few people can on this site) then what's the point in having it at all? My mum is of the opinion it's going to make her thin overnight but I know it's just a tool to help me get where I wanna go.

Thanks to everyone again for the welcomes, it means alot.

Hi ShellyG and welcome - how much you can eat and the types of food varies vastly for each individual and also depends on how much restriction you have from your fills so you will not know this until after banding. For instance, I have no problem with potatoe or rice yet my sister (Gillian) who was banded at the same time has always had a problem with both of these foods. It has to be said that the band does not magically change chocolate, cake and chips etc into salad i.e it has no power over what you put in your mouth, the choices are still up to you and it is not an easy option, you still have to put work into it and work at gaining a different attitude towards the food you eat. But if you do put the effort in, it will help you and it is successful for the majority of people who have it done. You have the right idea about it being a tool to assist you in weight loss, you just need to educate your Mum! It doesn't happen overnight either, although some have a fast initial weight loss, it seems to happen for most people more steadily, particularly as it does take a while to start getting restriction with the fills and this cannot be rushed even tho everyone is anxious to get it kicked in as soon as possible. I have had 4 fills already without any real restriction and you have to be prepared for it to take a number of months which is tough but you need to try and start getting your head round a different way of eating in that time and try to stay positive even if the weight loss may not be what you'd hoped at first.

Hope this is of some help, Bigsister x