Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi,

Just a quick question,,,,, Has anyone had to buy their post op injections as I have travelled to parents now and totally forgot to get them from my GP!!! Really worried incase I can't get hold of any??????????

Jo x

Shelly - I know what u mean by being an emotional eater I am the same!! I have put on 8 stone in last 5 years! I agree it's time to do something for u. My husband is very supportive and I have been very supportive to him over the last 7 years through some tough times which has contributed to my weight gain. He is of the same opinion, it's my time now so here I am, all banded and on my journey! I agree the forum is addictive!! I don't always get on as often as I'd like as hubby works away and we have a 9m old baby so he take a lot of my time and I doubt it gets any less time consuming as they get older!!

Odgemodge - they give u 5 post op injections to take home together with some minging painkillers! Oh and the sexy stockings :tt2:

Hi shelly im leaving here at about 4am monday morn so looking forward to it... Ah i must say wls seem to be brilliant for fills and aftercare i just ended up going with fred and then didnt see the point in changing over to them and i suppose i was always afraid if something went wrong with band how would i go back to dr chris silly i know but wls defo have a excellent reputation... Haha i bought all the Vitamins and milk thistle and me being me never took them im great for a wk then i forget all about them but must start again...

You sound so much like me. I'm the same, I buy every new lotion or potion I see and like yourself forget to take them!! I'll have to put them somewhere I'l remember to take them. I want to start Multi Vitamins too for the hair, I know most of these take a few weeks to kick in so I want to be ahead. It's just so fab having all this advice. You just couldn't put a price on it.

Yeah i know its all the little tips u get on here make the difference i know before i got the band i wouldnt of had a clue i wouldnt of known about dr chris either i was planning on going to the beacon thank god i didnt talk about a rip off except for the forum but most of the people who were banded around my time have stopped using the forum but im still always on its a great form of support but i really feel for people goin for the band who havnt read this forum cos god i wouldnt of known anything from pb'ing to all other sorts of things that come along with the joys of having a band lol

Haha its a productive burp to me its when something gets stuck u start producing slime to try and release what is stuck and usually thats when u bring back up the food haha im useless at describing these things but only for i knew about it before it happened i would of got a awful fright cos it isnt nicest of experiences

Oh god, that doesn't sound too hot alright! You seem to be able to eat almost anything don't you? Do any of you have to plan your meals in advance? Do you get as hungry as before you had band? Do you feel full when you eat only a small bit? My problem is I never know when I'm full! The talk about a "signal"....I never met a signal!!!but am hoping to!!!

Yeah shelly i can eat more aless anything it has slowed my eating down but because i havnt reached the so called sweet spot or restriction im still constantly hungry and can eat any amount but i hope my fill in belgium monday will help cos im finding it hard at the min but like u i never in my life got a signal that im full its always what can i have next but i hope il see a red light from next week on i must say i thought the band would be alot easier work than it has been but im still glad i got it i just hope it'l get to work now after a good fill but it defo aint easy

Flirty, if you haven't reached a restriction how have you lost so much weight? There'll be none of you left!!ha ha! That's what you're hoping for though right??!!

I'm great for doing exercise, I'll walk an hour a day no probs so I'm hoping that'll give me a good start. I'm a chocaholic so I'm just gonna steer clear of chocolate full stop. Not saying it's gonna be easy buy if I'm paying so much cash for a band I'm gonna try my utmost to help it help me. I'm a bit stressed about post op diet. Will I just be able to eat yogurt or baby foods? Thought I'd finished with baby food!!! Sammy you much be ok for the baby food you'd have it in stock!!

My head is mushed. I know I'm doing the right thing, I have no doubts about that. Can I ask any of you did you ever think of gastric bypass? If so why did you choose the band?

So many posts to reply to and I apologise if i miss anyone.

Firstly many thanx girlies for your well wishes about my band/tubing being ok, you know what a relief it was for him to say its not leaking, the joy!!!!!

Shelly I believe the filler is Wendy at wls, if i'm wrong the girlies will tell us, and she is supposed to be superb, so dont worry about that. Actually it was freddy boy that couldnt find my port the first time, cos my op wasnt done in Belgium, so I think it was just anothers surgeons work was unfamiliar to him. So no worries there either.

Sorry to scare you, its just that my first band developed a leak after 2 years and we still havent had the examination results back from the manufacturer ( the band was removed from my tum and sent back to them)

so I am paranoid, do you understand? *Wink smiley here*

Good luck Jo for the weekend xxx.

Sammy I am so jealous of you being able to get your fills every 2 weeks. I have to wait another month now for my next free one, unless I go to Southampton.

Hubby isnt too happy about all the petrol money lol. tight git!!!

Edited by Freckles

Shelly i must say gettin the band has changed my whole mentality and i was very ready to lose the weight iv never wanted anything as much in my life and i certainly wasnt gona sit and wait for restriction thank god it would have been a long wait but i also was terrified of failing with the band how bad would that be so i just gave it my all and for about 4months after the band all i ate was one bit of fish and a pack of koka noodles a day so i was extremely strict on myself and have put alot of effort in but god there is still plenty of me left but hopefully there wont be too much when im finished lol

Oh shelly god i never even considered the bypass that would just be too scary for me and not a road i would of drempt of going down... trust me post op is grand for the first wk its liquids juices cuppa Soups etc and trust me u wont really feel like eating the next few wks mushies and i know i had mash and gravy and that kinda thing it really aint bad and u defo wont be too hungry in the first few wks after the band