Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks Sammy77 I am being banded by DR Chris , but I can go to who I want for my fills am I getting it right, and do I Wait till after Ive been done to arrange it and how soon and how often do I Get it done thanks again Sue x

You know what I'll see how I feel after my 2 fills with MVDB and if I dont have enough restriction, it may be worth me signing up with Wendy's outfit and travelling.

It just has to be the not smoking cos last time I had lost a stone by now.

Thanks Sammy77 I am being banded by DR Chris , but I can go to who I want for my fills am I getting it right, and do I Wait till after Ive been done to arrange it and how soon and how often do I Get it done thanks again Sue x

I booked my 1st fill just after I had my band done. They recommend having ur 1st fill 4-6 weeks post op. Wendy at WLS Group said she won't do them before 6 weeks but I had my first one with Frederik (Dr Chris assistant) at 4 weeks as I felt ready. If u decide to go with WLS Group give them a call and have a chat as they are very helpful. I go to the one in London where they are twice a month but they not be in B'ham as often so they may be busier. Good luck!

You know what I'll see how I feel after my 2 fills with MVDB and if I dont have enough restriction, it may be worth me signing up with Wendy's outfit and travelling.

It just has to be the not smoking cos last time I had lost a stone by now.

Yeah it may be worth it. Where would you go? Please London and we can hold hands! :(

Hi everyone, long time no chat!

Well it has been a long time, I guess before I got the band I was obsessed about this site, I was on it at least 3 times a day, reading to see how everyone was doing, and how you where all getting on and what wee problems that might come up once the band is fitted. Since having the band fitted I guess I am living all those scenarios! From the runs after the lovely liquid they give you ti sip when having the x-ray, the pain from the excess air left in our bodies after the op, to the stitches: wether they should be left or removed, and now I'm on the fills!!!!! I had my first fill in Edinburgh on the 23 of April, I feel no difference from before the fill. I can't eat sausage beefburgar, fishfinger, or any kind of meet, bread and chips get stuck, I can eat small pieces of crispy baguette with butter, Pasta and rice are both fine too. I can as much as I want quantity is not a problem, unfortunately! I have not lost any weight since coming back from Belgium, I think that's probably why I have not been on chatting, there's nothing to report!

For you girls that wrote to me on face book, thank you! I haven't even been on there....life is so boring...I expected to have lost a stone since returning! I am having another fill on the 28 May, I got 3mls on the last one.

Lots of Love

Take care all of you

fatpants

Hi fatpants, glad you got my message and your ok.. i was getting a little worried as not really heard from you since having your band, i havnt lost any more weight so i think its going to be a slow process, maybe we thought it was going to be quicker than what it is but we will get there. Take care xx

Mornin all

Well I have just booked my hotel, staying in the Campanile like everyone else.:( Is it far to the hospital from the hotel? I'm thinking of walking it on the day of op as a bit of exercise will help with the nerves! I always find a good walk helps.

I've paid my deposit last week and also booked to travel on the Eurostar. I thought it would be better than flying home after the anaesthetic, as I would have to fly to London and then fly to Belgium and the same coming home. This way its a train to London and a train to Belgium. More or less door to door!

I am also taking my milk thistle and multi vits already - just have to start my fat free diet in a week, how will I cope without cheese? agh... it WILL be worth it. Roll on 26th.

Have a good Bank Holiday, W x:thumbup:

Good luck Westbourne - u will be in and out b4 u know it!!

I won't be here until Monday so happy bank holiday everyone!

Hi westbourne, the hotel is about a 15/20 min walk from the hospital... when i had my band we had to be at the hospital by 6.45, the sooner you get there the better because the booking in area gets busy pretty quick with local people, your getting done on a good day actualy, its my birthday lol.

Hi fatpants, glad you got my message and your ok.. i was getting a little worried as not really heard from you since having your band, i havnt lost any more weight so i think its going to be a slow process, maybe we thought it was going to be quicker than what it is but we will get there. Take care xx

Yes, it's a bit disappointing. I have committed myself to being a marshall for the Race for Life on May 10th, I have to follow the runners round, I thought I would be feeling nice and trim, 2 months after the op having lost close to 2 stone! Little did I know! I have started walking every day to try and get a little fitter, I am managing to walk 3 miles in an hour, my sister say's thats good!

Take care

Fatpants:wink2:

Hi fatpants, that is good going, well done you. you must be pleased with the way its going so far x

Thanks Sammy and Wishfull, its so great having folks to be able to talk to about this. No-one (apart from my immediate family and my very best friend) knows that I'm having this done, I decided to let people know afterwards, if I feel like it! I made up my mind to have it done and I didn't want anyone elses opinion on it, apart from you guys of course. So thats why I'm so grateful to you all as you are so full of the small but important pieces of information and are so happy and quick to share. THANKS W x

Hi westbourne, i didnt tell people either, peoples opinions are that we are taking the easy way out, not like we haven't tried everything else and this is the last resort, its still hard work its not a miracle cure but something to help us and once the weight is off it will stay off. It's nice when i see people i haven't seen for a while and they say about my weight loss, i dont tell them about my band, they dont need to know x :(

Yes I agree Wishfull, I have had all my adult life fighting weight gain. I lose some and look and feel better and then it all goes back on again plus some. I felt really depressed that this was the way my life was going to be forever that I had to do something drastic and this is it. It's something that we can't really afford and are having to take out a loan, but my hubby is soooo supportive and agrees that its the best way forward now. I don't imagine it will be easy, and I dare say I will get fed up, BUT I am determined to make it work. I don't think I will say anything about it to anyone, like you say its no-ones business and I am still losing the weight, not the band! x