Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi everyone,

I bought some milk thistle tablets on Saturday and the health food shop said that they were just the job to help shrink my liver so I am taking them now as well as my muilti Vitamins.< /p>

Can I just ask all you old hands - I've been reading your comments about fills and restrictions, do you pay £100 each time you have a small fill? If you are not getting restriction and not losing weight does this mean that its not working at all?

I ask because each time I need to visit the clinic I will have to make a day trip, I live so far from clinics.

Sorry to be a pain with all the questions............... W

Hi westbourne, it costs about £90 or £95 for a fill with frederick etc, with WLS its £80 or £85.. some of us use fred, some use WLS, but there are other different companies you can use,some like WLS have good priced unlimited fill/unfill packages,like i use. it cost me £275 for 6 months(that was offer price, think its about £360 now,still worth it) and im lucky as it is only 15 min drive from me in sheffield at private hospital. if a private hospital near you does gastric banding, chances are youll be able to get your fill there..its worth searching for anyway..just get someone reputable. where do you live?. ill have a look for your most convenient place for you. it may be that it is a daytrip for you, but hopefully just 3 or 4 times over few months will do it, then just fine tuning every few months. it took me 3 which i had over 6 weeks, but just gonna have it tweaked up very slightly in 2 weeks, as you lose the fat you also lose it from between the band and the stomach, which makes the band appear to have loosened, so even after restriction you still need maintenance. gillian x

Gillian - yeah mine has gone weird too - me no like either!!

Westbourne - yes they are £80-90 per fill. I have just booked an aftercare package with WLS Group (so have some others on here) which is £349.50 for unlimited fills in 6 months (they also do 12 and 24 months). I'm not sure if they are in ur area though. I too have to make a bit of a day trip to London. Taxi's and train fares were over £40 which is a bit of a pain but would be more on a week day. I'm aiming to go every 2 weeks also so it's gonna cost me more than I thought! I would have to go into London anyway for a fill as it's the nearest place I've found. It's right next to Oxford Street so I do get to have a nose around too! :laugh:

Morning everyone. Freckels let us know how ur mum settles in.

Did I say I've booked a 2 week holiday in June to Tenerife? Am hoping to shift at least a stone by then. I'm happy as I thought Belgium was my holiday this year!! :thumbup:

oh glad its not just mine!!..hope it goes back to normal!.thats nice that your getting holiday in june!..you should have lost a stone by then hopefully if your having two week fills!..ill keep my fingers crossed for you,were going end of sept..i too hope to have lost at least another stone, but i am being bit naughty and not sticking to rules brilliantly, and having foods that slip through easily, instead of proper meals. how long is flight to tenerife?..dont forget your band needs slight unfill if it is 4 hours or over..Wendy will advise you anyway..my flight will be 3 and half to tunisia, so dont think ill need one, but im sure someone (freckles maybe?) said that it does seem to tighten it up a bit even with shorter flight..so im gonna make sure i dont have fill for month before i go..i want to have some treats on holiday! (esp all inc basis!) can always get it tightened up after to lose it again if i put owt on!. have you had two fills now?.im with WLS too, and got good restriction on my third, i too had em every 2 weeks as i have 2 venues near me. im going in 2 weeks and will have tiny bit in, but not been for 6 weeks, as i was doing fine, just loosening off now though, and not lost owt last 2 weeks. Im feeling quite chilled now though and giving myself another year to 18 months to reach target. still got 4 and half stone to go! so 1lb a week will do me fine even, im in no rush as long as it does come off..i have given up the idea of being a beach body this year!..im gonna cover myself up in big baggy clothes this winter, then will reveal myself next spring, like a butterfly from a chrysalis..and people will be amazed!!..ha,that sounded good,i have snapped out of that daydream now! hope it happens! LOL! x

Hi I'm booked to have my band done on the 3 June and had great info of mmm she even spoke to me on the phone which was great of her so many thanks can any one give me any info that you've come across that might be of any help as i'm a worrier are you all glad you have had it done as mmm said to me its not a quick fix but a tool to work with its not like my friend who had a bypass in November her weight has fell of her but she has lost all interest in food . Is there anyone else out there going to be done around the same time as me it would be nice to here from you I'm from Birmingham

Hi all, i have just spent ages reading all the past posts.. im up tp date with them all now. Welcome to all the new one's.. im sure you have read it but you wont regret going with dr chris and his team, they are all great, staff at the hospital are fab. Hi freckles i didnt put my plan into action.. i just asked him to check how much i had in my band as my restriction was less than what it was before my 2nd fill, i should of had 5ml in but only had 4ml so he put in 1 1/2 ml in for me.. my restriction is better but still not brilliant, just got to wait till i go in june. Glad your mum has been moved and hope things will keep improving for her x

Hi suefee, welcome to the forum, we are all here to help eachother any way we can, you are bound to be worried but once you have had your surgery you will wonder why. I am so glad i had my band and glad i decided to go with dr chris, im sure all the other post bandsters will say the same about there bands, i havnt come across any one who wished they hadnt had it fitted x

Thanks for the post wishful Ive just been reading through past post as mmm advised me and i think I'm getting addicted as i seem to be spending every free minute i have on here but its all so helpful do we have to arrange to have our stitches taken out are self and would we have that done at are doctor surgery also what kind of dressing should i buy for when i get home also what pain killers are best MY GOD I DO GO ON A BIT but thanks to any one who replies to me

Thanks for the post wishful Ive just been reading through past post as mmm advised me and i think I'm getting addicted as i seem to be spending every free minute i have on here but its all so helpful do we have to arrange to have our stitches taken out are self and would we have that done at are doctor surgery also what kind of dressing should i buy for when i get home also what pain killers are best MY GOD I DO GO ON A BIT but thanks to any one who replies to me

Hi Suefee!!

In answer to ur qu's - yes you will need to go to ur doctor to have just one of the stitches out (blue one in ur port). The other ones are dissolvable but my nurse took those out anyway!

As for painkillers a good tip was taking calpol 6+ as the ones they give u are nasty!! In the end calpol was making me heave so I started taking lemsip with 2 teaspoons of honey and 2 of lemon and it worked a treat! U can get nurofen melts but be careful as they can be a gastric irritant. I tried them and they were fine but I didn't like the taste!

I got some dressings from Boots but Gillian got some from Lloyds pharmacy that were good and cheaper (Op site or something like that - she'll tell u I'm sure)

Anything else you need to know fire away!! Good luck with everything and I'm sure you've made the right decision!

Wishful - glad u've caught up! So ur at 5.5 ml now? What's the restriction like? I'm at 4 ml but am still on liquids so not sure if it's made any difference. I'm going back in 2 weeks though.

Gillian - yes Tenerife is just over 4 hours so I'll mention it to Wendy. If I have a fill in 2 weeks time I still have a month before I go to she what the restriction is like. Better not be too tight of I'll be living off ice-cream and cocktails :tt2:!! Actually that sounds like heaven! I liked ur little daydream before! :D I too have accepted it's gonna be another fat summer!!:thumbup:

Hi suefee i think its all going to be trial and error as we have all used different medications and would recommend different, i used nurofen melts and found they worked well for me, i still use them if i need to take a pain killer.. like sammy i had my dissolving stitches taken out as they seem to take ages to disolve. I bought dressings from boots and when i went to see the nurse at the dr's surgery the nurse gave me a load of dressings but they made me come out in a rash and itch like mad, just ask away if there is anything else... we have all been in your position x

Hi sammy, what a holiday you would have.. cocktails and ice cream mmmmmmmm. I have got more restriction this time and struggle a lot more with foods but still need more in, its going to be a long wait till june till my next fill so i'll have to turn to the will power again lol x

hey guys,

Started my pre-op diet today, i've eaten branflakes, chicken salad and turkey veg dinner, yum!! Has anyone got any exciting ideas for low fat options! two weeks to go, can't wait!!:thumbup: oh yeah, and i've weighed myself and put a chuff chart on the wall, how sad am i!

:bored:its still not changed back!!..dont like this new style, want the old format back!!..not getting emails either..i know sammy is the same, hope its just not us?! someone asked about dressings..i got boots ones, they were expensive and not brill...bigsister got some from lloyds called "opsite" i changed her dressings they were really good and a lot cheaper,,think they are lloyds own brand?, lemsip flu strength is a good idea for pain relief. i too got the neurofen melts but they made me cough and heave, but others seem to like them, so just trial and error really. you wont need them for long anyway.get some remegels, they help bit with gas pain, but then again not everyone seems to get that either. but best cover yourself for all eventualities!..my case was like a portable pharmacy! i found a liquid laxative (i got lactolose) was great for getting rid of that gas pain too when it got really bad,,beware youll be on toilet for a while but it sends the gas the other way..if you know what i mean! cos you cant seem to burp it out well!!..sorry for being graphic, but jot that down and remember it..you might be glad of that info if in pain with gas just after op and nothing else works!!!.take baggy stretchy clothes to come home in like joggers or something, and slip on footwear so your not bending down to tie shoes etc..think thats all. gillian x

:thumbup: actually sammy...bring that holiday restriction on!!..could cope with ice cream and cocktails diet!!..well be in our bikinis next year then! x

No gillian i am the same i am not recieving any email notifacations to tell me that there are any new posts.Plus all my screen is white its realy hard to read the posts compared to the old blue screen.Is any one else the same.?

Great stuff WestB...what strength milk thistle did you get hun?

Thanx Sammy and Wishfull, she's settling in good, but today she said to me, I'm coming home tomorrow arent I...I said no love cos you cant walk yet. She then insisted that she could, so we tried, but she cant even weight bear without help. But we'll get there in the end.

Oh well Wishfull nice try anyway , was a good plan.

I can eat more now than before the fill, so just hope ole Freddy hasnt cocked my tubing up. maybe its cos the swelling has gone down now. Please God!!!

Good luck everyone on getting to your sweet spots asap.

I wouldnt have an unfill before a flight, cos as long as you can swallow think how much weight you'll lose.:thumbup: