Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi mmm

Thanks for the reply. Does Dr Chris get back to you after you send off your medical questionairre? I'm having my consultation in Belgium the night before my op. I was wondering how soon I could book transport and hotel. I don't want to leave it till the last minute as I have to go away the fortnight before my op so time is precious, its only 5 weeks away! I don't want to book it too soon as he might say no. Does he ever say no I wonder?

I had my consultation in belguim just like you will, you should reecieve a email from dr chris giving you the go ahead if the medical questionaire is ok he will also confirm the date you requested/or agreed with him if alls o.k....

Edited by Can't-Weight

Hi Freckles, keep ur chin up mate, just keep drinking as much as you can, and eat little and often, you are doing great, hopfully you will up and about as soon as poss. Just keep smiling, we are thinking of you xx

Thanks,

How are you? 10 days since surgery. Do you feel well encough to go back to work quickly? I am planning to go back on day 7, otherwise I shall have to take some sick time off and I don't want to have to do that. I'm so excited that I can't wait now. I want to lose about 5-6 stone altogether, it will be great to stop yo-yoing up and down with the different diets I have tried over the years.

well congratulations on your decision!..i dont think i would have took the plunge of going abroad if i had not found this site with all the happy banders on it!. money!? it was hard for me to get too, and i had saved a bit, some on a card, some is an overdraft and some a bank loan..ill be paying back for 4 years..but i think what i have saved on my shopping bills/take aways are covering that! (true!). dont worry about going to belgium, Chris, the staff and the hospital are all A1..immaculatly clean, there are no cons with money or anything..i was worried about everything! dunno why now, everyone else says the same too! good luck and let us know when you get a date, gillian x

If it was not for all the lovely, helpful people, here on this site, I would proberly still be wondering wether to book with Dr Chris in Belgium. I came across this site about 3 mths ago after speeking t a consutiont via the hossi and not sure wat she was say. I then came across this site and the peeps, who help and advised me wer to go what to do and I am so gratefull for all their advise and help. I am booked to have my op on friday 8th may 09 and am all excited. I just hope that all the info on here helps you to make your decition. Mandy xxx

Hi penny, I went with the standard package they offer, which includes Hotel..taxi to & from the hospital/airports etc the costs for that including the operation was 4040 euro's the only thing I had to book was the flights....

Some people choose to book the hotels/taxi etc themselves but I found with the package it took all the hassle out of it, and in my experiance everything went smoothly from the moment I arrived... so I could relax & just concentrate on the Op. I stayed for 3 nights in total and flew back home with no complications...

Im not sure of any support groups in your area has im a londoner........But rest assured you'll get loads of support on here...:tt1::smile2:

All the best

Cw.

Can't Weight, thanks for all the info. Was that package through the Dr himself, or through a company? I think it sounds like a good deal and would rather not have the hassle myself if im honest :smile2:

How you finding things since you got back? Any regrets so far?

Cheers.

Penny

Hi Money penny Gary is from Scotland and can let you know about after care in your area and he might know about support groups aswell. No doubt he'll be online soon.

If you book with Dr Chris direct, he will get Frederick to contact you so that if you choose the package all taxis, hotels, are sorted inclusive, you just have to arrange flights and pay for those, you also need to let him know your flight details after you have sent off the deposit, or as soon as you know. The taxi will be waiting at the airport with a copy of the consultancy logo, Its best to fly into brusells international because its quite close to the hotel and hospital, and therefore easier to get back when you post op.

As regards to post op working, most work could be resumed within 7 days unless very physical, and you have no other health issues. Some have gone back earlier but its best to take the week off at least. If in doubt Dr Chris, or Fredrick can give you medical opinion, I've only offered what most of us on hear have done.

Try to find the time and read from the beginning there are loads of hints tips and advise, on earlier posts on this thread, which I found very usefull to jot down. of course you can still ask away as usual and one of us should be able to help

v3g6s2.jpg

Welcome to Westbourne, you will find lots of info here!!!!

Mmm, I havent lost anything up to now, so you are the same as me, yet somedays my clothes fit better...weird.

Roll on 9th May to my next fill, lets hope I still have the 3mls in from Freddy boy, otherwise I will kill myself.:thumbup:

Hope you girls and guys are all doing well, sorry for not being here much, times is hard ;)

L8ter sweetpeas xxxx

Can't Weight, thanks for all the info. Was that package through the Dr himself, or through a company? I think it sounds like a good deal and would rather not have the hassle myself if im honest ;)

How you finding things since you got back? Any regrets so far?

Cheers.

Penny

Feeling much better than I thought I would after the Op.

Was a little sore for a few days to be expected, but I feel fine...

No regrets so far, Its still early days though I do have some restriction from the swelling but has the days have gone on this has got less.........So im already lookin forward to a fill lol

:thumbdown:4weeks 2days to go:thumbdown:

@ westbourne, I took 2weeks off work just to make sure I would be ok..But in all honesty I could of went back after a week im sure you will be ok... I know exactly what you mean with the yoyo dieting been there done that too lol, I Had enough!

Edited by Can't-Weight

v3g6s2.jpg

Mmm, I havent lost anything up to now, so you are the same as me, yet somedays my clothes fit better...weird.

Roll on 9th May to my next fill, lets hope I still have the 3mls in from Freddy boy, otherwise I will kill myself.:thumbup:

Hope you girls and guys are all doing well, sorry for not being here much, times is hard ;)

L8ter sweetpeas xxxx

Hang in there Freckles, hope your feeling better:wink2:

v3g6s2.jpg

L8ter sweetpeas xxxx

Hi Freckles - hope your daughter & baby are doing ok now and that you are feeling a bit better yourself. Your family certainly don't do things by halves do they? Hope you haven't started smoking again as you were doing so well? When you going for your second fill? I had my 4th one last Tuesday and don't think I am really feeling anything yet, however gillian was still feeling it from the 3rd one and didn't have anything this time. I have got 5.75mls in now so I'm hoping it won't take much more.

Welcome to all the new forum users, think just about every question possible has been asked on here before and so you will just need to read back to find all the info.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend, bigsister x

Thanx CW and Big sis, I am just worried in case my tubing has been pierced....I will know when I see MVDB hopefully.... on 9th May.

I know Big sis, what a family duh!!.

They've told my daughter that she cant go back to work....she sits on her bum in an office and only part time too. She has to go back in hospital when she's 26 weeks and they will give baby steroids to develop her internal organs.

They wont let her pregnancy go beyond 34 weeks, if she doesnt deliver before.

She has waited so long for a little girl, I just pray everything will work out well.

Rachel is coming home tomorrow all being well. And my other daughter who's in Australia is in bits now worrying about her big sis.

oh poo, I've put on 4lb, taking me back to my original pre-banded weight, My only hope now is that the fill I'll get on Friday will help some.

Hi Gary when is your next fill due, its fab you've had 3 already, I've had one for 2.5ml but it did'nt make any difference whatsoever. Its got to be bad when I can put on 4lb in one week,, I go back to France week Monday and will no doubt put more weight on if nothing works for me this time.

I'm so pleased all the rest of you have been loosing weight, but why can't it be me too ;)

hey mags, yeh i crammed in an extra one this month, i got one booked for may so that i think should be the one as i felt mega restriciton right after it but its away however i dont think its far away. Its all that fresh bread cheese and croisants your eating over ther i know i would, hope your all well.

Gxx

Hello All Belgium Bandsters, lol, I am looking for some info from you all, I booked my consultation for end of May with Chris, in Edinburgh, I am looking to get the band done early July, I can't wait!

I want to know where people have stayed, what airport I fly to, and how much people are paying for op just now in GBP£.

Also, taxi costs, is flying after the band ok, how long should I stay for, and anything else anyone wished they'd known before they went.

One last thing, is there any support groups in central scotland anyone knows about for people pre-and post banding?!

Thanks All in advance ;)

Penny

Hi Penny

I like in east kilbride and would be delighted to meet you for a coffe and give you any info ihave, i also attand a meeting once a month, its held on last sat of month in gartnavel, drop me a private message for more info or ask any questiions.

Garry

hey to everyone, i'm just trying to find out if anyone is being banded on or around the 12th May 09? Me and my sister are getting it done by Dr Chris on that day!! I can't wait to lose all this extra weight and feel gr8 again in clothes? Does anyone have any experiences they'd like to share? I booked with Bridget last month (She's great i think!) but got a really snotty, pushy phone call Tullia yesterday saying i should have booked with her! Glad i didn't now if that's her attitude x

Hi tee-bird my friend is being banded on the 12th of may i was banded 8months ago and im going with her we'r staying in the campanile hotel maybe we could meet for a coffee or something the night before if you'd like bet ur excited