Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

I have been reading old posts in this thread....

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f9/share-ideas-what-did-you-eat-today-36828/

and I think they are talking some good sense, about the mushy food thing. Makes me think I was doing it wrong last time.

What do you think?:thumbup:

Hi freckles, just looked at it..there seem to be loads of protien shakes going off there!..no way could i get a granola bar down but i love(d) them!..looked at the uk link too, they are from 2 to 3 years back, but some good results by sound of it. x

:thumbup: Great to hear your back ok cant-weight!..glad it went well!..there really is nothing to worry about for these future bandsters is there?! Dr Chris, hospital and staff are all A1 arent they! look forward to your coming posts on how your doing x

Thanx Garry, was having a senior moment lol. I think I had about 5 fills with the first band before it was tight enough, but like has been said we're all different. Today mine is pretty loose again. Damned annoying!!!

Gillian, I know its an old thread, but did you read what they were saying about mushy stuff like mash and ice cream?

They more or less said that it slips right through the band into your big tum, so you can eat a lot. We are sposed to try eat other stuff and chew it like mad so it doesnt get stuck and stays in our pouch for longer and fills us up with a little bit. What do you think about that? Seems to make sense to me really.

But I dont understand, if you chew it like mad wont it slip through like the mush?

Just wanted someone else's opinion.

I know this is off-topic, but wanted you to see my baby girl who's gone to Austrailia for 12 months, miss her like mad.

sarah.jpg

I know you saw the party ones, but they werent that nice this was taken 2 years ago when her hair was bobbed.

Edited by Freckles

I know this is off-topic, but wanted you to see my baby girl who's gone to Austrailia for 12 months, miss her like mad.

sarah.jpg

I know you saw the party ones, but they werent that nice this was taken 2 years ago when her hair was bobbed.

not too bad at all me thinks, sorry flirty,

xxx

:thumbup: Great to hear your back ok cant-weight!..glad it went well!..there really is nothing to worry about for these future bandsters is there?! Dr Chris, hospital and staff are all A1 arent they! look forward to your coming posts on how your doing x

Thanks Gill & freckles for the welcome back i appreciate it, and im glad to be back lol..... to all future bandsters you'll be just fine has what i read on here and experianced out there was spot on........If you know what i mean lol

Freckles your daughter Woow:tongue_smilie: lol when she getting back ahem!!

Edited by Can't-Weight

Freckles your daughter looks lovely, and she is the spit of you!!.. anyway freckles..think the thing with ice cream etc is that you dont have to chew it, and can shovel it in, and it turns to liquid so just slips thro band into big tum, same with chocolate really. but at least with real food, (which you should be eating to make your band work for you) you are taking time over cutting it up, chewing it and then when it reches your small tum, it is hanging around, waiting to pass thro bit by bit (thats why no drinks to wash it thro)..and you have more time for your brain to register you have had enough, plus youll get the full feeling when your little tum gets full, as it backs up towards the osopheguos(cant spell that!) thats where the PB-ing and spasming come from its the sphincter(cant spell that either!) contracting trying to push the food down..or if theres too much it pushes it back up. i know when i have gone too far cos my mouth starts watering like mad..and that is my body making more spit to either help the food down, or throw it back up. anyway...hope that helps?! sorry its bit graphic! gillian x

You are a sweetie Gillian, thanx for the compliments.

When did you get so wise kid???? I think you are spot on with that info, well done you. You have sat and thought that through.

I dare anyone to contradict you, cos it seems very plausable to me.:laugh:

So the ice-cream and choccy are out from now on.

I am going to try chicken tikka wraps for my tea, and see how that works out :drool:

Just a thought, when my other band was working, I did try a couple of times to eat out at our local Indian, but could never manage more than a couple of forkfulls of curry and rice, whats that all about?

In the end I stoped trying and stuck with the chutney and poppadums, and sometimes I couldnt even manage them, it depends how fresh they are I think, cos fresh stuff goes donw easier, I found.

You are a sweetie Gillian, thanx for the compliments.

When did you get so wise kid???? I think you are spot on with that info, well done you. You have sat and thought that through.

I dare anyone to contradict you, cos it seems very plausable to me.:laugh:

So the ice-cream and choccy are out from now on.

I am going to try chicken tikka wraps for my tea, and see how that works out :drool:

Just a thought, when my other band was working, I did try a couple of times to eat out at our local Indian, but could never manage more than a couple of forkfulls of curry and rice, whats that all about?

In the end I stoped trying and stuck with the chutney and poppadums, and sometimes I couldnt even manage them, it depends how fresh they are I think, cos fresh stuff goes donw easier, I found.

Freckles, she got that wise having me as a big sis, I taught her everything she knows! :crying:

Your daughter does look lovely in the photo, bet you miss her even tho it's not been that long and looking forward to seeing her when you go for a visit. Hope that everything goes well enough so that your Mum can soon be in the home she likes and you can relax a bit then.

Can't Weight - glad you are back and that everything went fine for you.

Happy Easter weekend to everyone - I'm sure not a morsel of chocolate will pass any of our lips this holiday?....Bigsister x

:drool: Oh i am very wise!!. its what i have read in my book and also my experience. suppose the band works different for everyone. you can still have a bit of what you fancy though..i have been having some chocolate, just not anything like as much..but think it will be little bit more this weekend! im not that bothered about ice cream tho so wont be doing that anyway. im same as you with the curry, i can eat the popadoms, chutney and yoghurt mint sauce, but only tiny bit of curry and rice, def not naan..rice sticks bad with me. can also eat nachos with cheese, salsa,jalepenos and sour cream...bit i can not tolerate any potatoes, even very very buttery mashed ones!..its wierd init, Pasta is bit hard for me too.seems the crunchy things go down better(?!). no bread either, except tiny bit of seeded wholemeal i have found is ok if ate very slow. anyway everyone, have nice easter weekend, im full of cold and miserable today myself, think i caught bigsisters cold!? x

Can't Weight - glad you are back and that everything went fine for you.

Thanks Big sis...............:cool2:

How did you guys cope with the liquid diet im only day 5 and im missing proper food already,,maybe its because of all the food being cooked around me & it seems everytime i look at the tv some cooking show/come dine with me etc.... is on

its weird tho I had about 3spoons of mullerlite yogurt yesterday and i was stuffed lol..:lol:

Hello everyone!! Sorry I haven't been on here for a while,:thumbdown:

My life's been a bit crazy since February for various different reasons, but I'm happy to say it's all getting back to normal slowly but surely.

Since the last time I came on here, I've had three fills with Frederic in Manchester. I had 3 mils, then 2 mils then a further 1 mil put in on Thursday, taking me to 6 mils in a 10 mil band. I actually believe I may be starting to get nearer proper restriction now, although one more fill might be required, I'll have to see how I go at easing myself back on to normal foods over the next couple of days.

My weight has been coming off slowly, but at least it's going to be sustainable this time. I have lost 24 pounds, but am hoping that a few more will come off in the next few days. I'd be really pleased if I get to the two stone mark soon. I'm not buying any new clothes yet though!

You might remember that I started a Facebook group called 'Gastric Band Patients of Dr Christiaan de Bruyne' which a few people did not want to join because their friends did not know about their operation. Well, I am pleased to say that I have now made the group invisible, so it won't appear on anyone's Facebook profile. So, if people would still like to join the group, send me a personal message on here and I will add you as a friend on Facebook and then invite you to join the group.

We've got 8 members at the moment, and it's much easier to follow the conversation than on this thread, because it's sooo long!!

Anyhow, I hope you're all well and I'll check back in again sometime soon.

Bye for now,

Miss Flump x

Thanks Big sis...............:thumbdown:

How did you guys cope with the liquid diet im only day 5 and im missing proper food already,,maybe its because of all the food being cooked around me & it seems everytime i look at the tv some cooking show/come dine with me etc.... is on

its weird tho I had about 3spoons of mullerlite yogurt yesterday and i was stuffed lol..:blushing:

Hi Cant Weight. I found I didn't get hungry for several weeks after being banded (think it took a while for the internal swelling to settle down). As far as I remember, I introduced mushy foods after about 10 days but naughty sister Gillian did this probably after 5. I don't think it told us in the info we got to bring home about how long to stay on liquids but if you feel like you'll go crazy without something a bit more 'substantial', why not try milky Ready Brek to start or some of my now famous ground rice - you can buy a packet in Sainsburys etc and just add milk, bit of sugar or sweetener and its cooked in just a few minutes and is quite satisfying (especially with a blob of jam stirred into it!) If you find you're ok with this, then go on to some mashed up veg - carrot, swede, cauli, brocolli etc with a bit of gravy or cheese sauce. I then introduced a small amount of M&S tinned minced lamb in gravy which is very tasty as the bits of meat are very small and so it goes down well.

You seem to be recovering really well, I was still having a fair bit of 'gas pain' for almost 10 days after surgery so think yourself lucky if you have escaped that!

Enjoy the rest of your bank holiday and try to ignore the easter eggs, bigsister x