Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Freckles, glad your fill went well, everyone is told a different eating plan depending on different fill nurses it seems..we are told liquid for 3 days then mushy for 4. the woman i worked with is told just 24hours on liquids, (she had her band done in june over here in sheffield) and i think fred says 2 days liquid? anyway,i hope this band works so much better for you than your last one..its looking promising already isnt it!. like you said a week ago to me, with your old band,when it worked,you couldnt eat Breakfast early,and just had to drink..thats what im doing..it was 11am before i could even get about 4 spoons of very milky museli down. so just drank tea til then. x

Yeah, but you only got up at 10.45!

:)message from wishfull! her lap top wont charge so she cant get online!..anyway she contacted me yesterday to ask me to tell you she had had 1.5mls put in her band.and she said that there shoulda been 5ml in it already but she didnt think there was, as she saw him wipe some of the saline away that didnt go in..anyway fred pulled only 4ml back out of it..so thats all she had..hopefully shes up to 5.5ml now...that should give her some restriction hopefully as i have 5.25ml in and i dont think i want anymore putting in next tues..think ill leave it a month to get used to it! happy easter everyone!..dont go mad with those easter eggs!..David bought me big lindor one before he went away...grr!, whats he doing to me!?..anyway i shall just pace myself with it instead of my usual stuffing it in one day!..suppose its up to me to eat the kids aswell (their eggs, not the actual kids,not that hungry, and couldnt manage a whole one!).they eat the sweets from inside then move onto the next one leaving all the empty shells for me to dispose of! x

Yeah, but you only got up at 10.45!

this is true!..as i had my head stuck in a very good book!..(milly johnson, have read all 3 within 2 months,typical chicklit!..i choose a book by the pretty pink pictures and colours on the front! so shallow i am!) i took my drinks up with me..wouldnt have slept anyway was awake from 8 with police helicoptor circling my house...it wasnt me, i didnt do it!..whatever it was, it was up for ages hovering. x

2zhgsbc.jpg @ Bigsis, nice one.

Poor Gillian.

And poor Wishfull, is it the plug connection I wonder....ours did that a while ago and we had to take it in for repair, it turned out to be the powerpack plug was damaged, so we had to fork out £45 for a new powerpack.

How does she feel Gillian do you know?

My restriction isnt so good as yesterday now, I hope to God my tubings ok.

Got to go now, gonna talk to daughter in Oz on msn.

later kids xxxx

2zhgsbc.jpg @ Bigsis, nice one.

Poor Gillian.

And poor Wishfull, is it the plug connection I wonder....ours did that a while ago and we had to take it in for repair, it turned out to be the powerpack plug was damaged, so we had to fork out £45 for a new powerpack.

How does she feel Gillian do you know?

My restriction isnt so good as yesterday now, I hope to God my tubings ok.

Got to go now, gonna talk to daughter in Oz on msn.

later kids xxxx

i will ask her how she feels with this fill, and let you know! oh yes, meant to say, its always been at its tightest the day i have the fill then slackens over next few days, wasnt it like that with your old band? x

Edited by gillian

Hi fellow bandsters, im back and can report im a fully fledged bandstaar wohoo.....

everything went very well indeed exactly has most of you guys of said already, there was really no need to worry..To all you guys going out there real soon for your ops you will find a truelly proffesional service...

Dr Chris is great and very reassuring also fredrich is a nice guy also, he joined me for a drink the night before op lol..

The campanile hotel is very basic but is really comfortable I found the food was quite nice also, for my last meal I had cheeseburger and chips (has someone mentioned on here) and it was really nice...The mrs had chicken breast with chips and some sauce she enjoyed that aswell...we went to the lidl up the road for some Water and juice which aint to far...

I found that the hospital was really clean they were forever cleaning above doors under doors mopping wiping etc.... the nhs could learn loads from them lol...

Has for me im bearing up pretty well infact more better than i thought i would after the op in recovery I didnt feel much pain at all yea there was a bit of discomfort but nothing major no sore throat etc.. the next day I was feeling really sore like my stomach was not mine fredrich said this was the port area so would be like that for a while but has each day passes will get better and I must admit it has...im just taking things slowly im 3 days post op and I aint had any pain killers today only some remegel and that injection this morning been drinking lots of water or so it feels like sip sip its taken ages to finish a small bottle lol I do feel it going down but I was told this is normal..

Just want to thank you guys for your support thus far im sure im gonna need more shortly has time goes on.

Cheers.

Cant-weight

Edited by Can't-Weight

Hey cant weight great to hear form u sounds like ur doing brilliant bet ur glad its over... Id say it was me who mentioned the burger i mentioned it few times i thought it was yummy lol but great all went well looking forward to hear ur first week weigh in

Hi fellow bandsters, im back and can report im a fully fledged bandstaar wohoo.....

everything went very well indeed exactly has most of you guys of said already, there was really no need to worry..To all you guys going out there real soon for your ops you will find a truelly proffesional service...

Dr Chris is great and very reassuring also fredrich is a nice guy also, he joined me for a drink the night before op lol..

The campanile hotel is very basic but is really comfortable I found the food was quite nice also, for my last meal I had cheeseburger and chips (has someone mentioned on here) and it was really nice...The mrs had chicken breast with chips and some sauce she enjoyed that aswell...we went to the lidl up the road for some Water and juice which aint to far...

I found that the hospital was really clean they were forever cleaning above doors under doors mopping wiping etc.... the nhs could learn loads from them lol...

Has for me im bearing up pretty well infact more better than i thought i would after the op in recovery I didnt feel much pain at all yea there was a bit of discomfort but nothing major no sore throat etc.. the next day I was feeling really sore like my stomach was not mine fredrich said this was the port area so would be like that for a while but has each day passes will get better and I must admit it has...im just taking things slowly im 3 days post op and I aint had any pain killers today only some remegel and that injection this morning been drinking lots of water or so it feels like sip sip its taken ages to finish a small bottle lol I do feel it going down but I was told this is normal..

Just want to thank you guys for your support thus far im sure im gonna need more shortly has time goes on.

Cheers.

Cant-weight

good effort mate sounds like its being a walk in the park.

Take it easy.

Hey cant weight great to hear form u sounds like ur doing brilliant bet ur glad its over... Id say it was me who mentioned the burger i mentioned it few times i thought it was yummy lol but great all went well looking forward to hear ur first week weigh in

Oh yeah i remember it was you lol great advice on the burger

really glad its over your right about that lol :tt2:

good effort mate sounds like its being a walk in the park.

Take it easy.

Thanks Gaz, Its no walk in the park m8 has im sure you know but it def wasnt has bad has I thought it would be.....

well so far anyway I better not say that to much though lol sods law N all,,,,,:thumbup:

Thanx Gillian for that,its made me feel much better. Well thinking back i spose it did really, so long ago I forget.

I am being good and sticking to liquids till tomorrow.

been eating homemade Soups today with crispbakes and low and behold i dont feel any rstriciton so i aint holding out much hope for when i east proper foods again so looks like i will nedd to go to the 10ml and see as i have 7 ml one of 4 and 1 of 3. .

No one said it was going to be east but at least my weight is still coming down the way.

Gx

been eating homemade Soups today with crispbakes and low and behold i dont feel any rstriciton so i aint holding out much hope for when i east proper foods again so looks like i will nedd to go to the 10ml and see as i have 7 ml one of 4 and 1 of 3. .

No one said it was going to be east but at least my weight is still coming down the way.

Gx

What do you mean exactly Garry, do you mean you need another fill?

How much you got in now love?

I'm booked in with Michael VDB for early may in the Alexandra Hosp in Manchester, cant wait for that and if he misses trhe port too, I'm gonna cry.:thumbup:

What do you mean exactly Garry, do you mean you need another fill?

How much you got in now love?

I'm booked in with Michael VDB for early may in the Alexandra Hosp in Manchester, cant wait for that and if he misses trhe port too, I'm gonna cry.:thumbup:

I have got 7ml in he said pob 10ml would be right so yeh i will have another fill.

Gx