Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Everyone, Sorry, I've not been on the blog lately! But when the weight lost is going so slow and I'm so hungry at the mo! Got to wait until the 30th for my 1st fill. I know it's a slower process than the bypass, but I would of thought I would be losing more weight than this, as I'm only on mushy foods. I MUST HAVE PATIENCE!! I MUST HAVE PATIENCE!! I'll just keep repeating it over and over again, until the 30th and hope I get some restriction!

I know exactly how you feel Bigbones. I am getting v frustrated as I can pretty much eat anything and as much as pre-op. I'm having my first fill tomorrow though so am hoping to get things moving again. I should lose a bit in any case being on liquids and mushies for a few days! I think tihs seems to be quite normal though so don't worry xxx

Phew - cats sorted. A neighbour is looking after them. I'm annoyed as I booked the 'cat woman' (who does it for a living) months ago. I won't be using her again that's for sure!!

Wishful - yes my appointment is 1pm. I'm a bit nervous but I'm sure Freddie will be gentle with me! :tongue_smilie:I hope to see you and Freckles tomorrow and hopefully Gary too! We'll be fighting over him! :smile:

See everyone else in 2 weeks xxxxx

glad you got your cats sorted..im trying to get my dogs sorted so we can have weekend away next week... kennels cost a fortune, if you can get them in one. asked my eldest son if hell come and look after them at our house, but hes not got back to me yet. Davids working away in London over easter so it would be nice to get away when he comes back even if it is summat like a rainy weekend in a caravan in skeggy!...OMG..my kids are driving me up the wall!..bloody school holidays, could throttle em by now! x

I know exactly how you feel Bigbones. I am getting v frustrated as I can pretty much eat anything and as much as pre-op. I'm having my first fill tomorrow though so am hoping to get things moving again. I should lose a bit in any case being on liquids and mushies for a few days! I think tihs seems to be quite normal though so don't worry xxx

it is quite normal!. i have just started to get restriction with the 3rd fill..not losing much at all, but i hope it will start up again now im eating less, im just getting used to it now,suppose my next fill next tues will give me even more..mind you,every morning im saying- OMG! im not having another fill, cos its been that tight first thing, only cuppa tea goes down. i will take the advice of my fill nurse, she knows best, as to whether i should have one or not..might be ok to have one next week,might loosen off. wonder why its so tight in a morning?..ill ask her next week and report back. x

Hi Everyone, Sorry, I've not been on the blog lately! But when the weight lost is going so slow and I'm so hungry at the mo! Got to wait until the 30th for my 1st fill. I know it's a slower process than the bypass, but I would of thought I would be losing more weight than this, as I'm only on mushy foods. I MUST HAVE PATIENCE!! I MUST HAVE PATIENCE!! I'll just keep repeating it over and over again, until the 30th and hope I get some restriction!

Hi Big Bones & Sammy,dont worry your not alone i lost a lot of weight first week after surgery and then it came to a stand still it starting to move now but very slow 2lbs in two weeks i think this is the norm i had my first fill last week he put in 3 mils dont think i have much restriction yet but wasn't expecting much he said he thinks i will only need two more fills to get me there judging by poor flirty i dont know, still that feeling in my throat like something stuck told Fred he did'nt seem to worried about it said it was just swollen tissue i know i asked this before but has anyone experienced this its starting to really worry me:confused:

your goal weight is same as mine bigbones.ill be delighted when i get there(gotta stop saying "if"!) it just seems so far away! ill even be happy at 1lb a week thats nearly 4stone in a year. but apparantly when you get good restriction you should be losing 1.5 to 2lb a week easily..thats recommended as a safe loss...so yes afraid its just..patience,patience,patience (frustrating though isnt it!) lets just concentrate on the fact that we wont put it back on again like with all the previous diets weve been on.

Hi Big Bones & Sammy,dont worry your not alone i lost a lot of weight first week after surgery and then it came to a stand still it starting to move now but very slow 2lbs in two weeks i think this is the norm i had my first fill last week he put in 3 mils dont think i have much restriction yet but wasn't expecting much he said he thinks i will only need two more fills to get me there judging by poor flirty i dont know, still that feeling in my throat like something stuck told Fred he did'nt seem to worried about it said it was just swollen tissue i know i asked this before but has anyone experienced this its starting to really worry me:confused:

yes, its normal really, it does ease off as the weeks pass on though..it forces us into making different food choices, eating slower,chewing more and eating less. im avoiding all sorts of foods now.and with each fill another couple of foods in added to my "band banned food list".im hoping to be able to report some better weight loss to you all soon..may be several more weeks though!.i have gotta be patient, i will get there!..got to remember its just a tool to help me! it cant stop me putting the wrong foods in my mouth...i need a magic wand for that! oh where can i get one? x

sounds exactly how ive done!..nearly a stone in first week, then standstill then 2lb in 2 weeks, then nothing in 2 weeks then another 2lb etc!..Arghhh! at least its going in right direction and not going back on is it! whatever we lose should be permenant though with the band in place. x

sounds exactly how ive done!..nearly a stone in first week, then standstill then 2lb in 2 weeks, then nothing in 2 weeks then another 2lb etc!..Arghhh! at least its going in right direction and not going back on is it! whatever we lose should be permenant though with the band in place. x

Thanks Gillian was starting to get really worried about my throat im not eatting much had a weight watchers spagetti bol yesturday went down fine as soon as i eat it felt like it was backed up my throat i find if i stick to Soup and yougurts i dont get it nearly five weeks now thought i be ok trying solids, i had a soft boiled egg for Breakfast with two of those duch bread like we got in the hosp even that feels like its a bit stuck in my throat i cant eat bread at all not even toasted its hard to no what to eat your afraid to try new things, have you still got good restrition sorry for banging on about my throat went to bed last night stared to get paranoid that my throat was going t close over:confused:

Hi shoes im like you i cant eat any kind of bread what so ever.. this feeling you are getting could be your restriction or they may not of been gentle taking the tube out of your throat and that is causing the discomfort, if it doesnt improve over the next week it may be worth emailing dr chris, peace of mind if nothing else.. i couldnt eat much for the 1st month or so and stayed on liquids and mush. i had more restriction before and after my 1st fill then nothing after my 2nd, i have my 3rd tomorrow so i'll see how i get on after that one, just hope i get a decent amount put in. x

Edited by wishfull

Hi Guys how you all doing, ive just been talking to my mum about the band she is also thinking of having it done and i was telling her how well you are all doing, but as ive not been on for a few weeks ive kind of lost where your all up to, so how much have you all lost now from what i can gather your all doing really well especially you flirtylass bet your really proud of yourself arent you??? take care all love T XX

Hi tanyac my weight loss so far is 2 stone since jan, it hasnt moved for a while so i hope after my fill tomorrow it will start moving again, fingerscrossed. x

Thanks Gillian was starting to get really worried about my throat im not eatting much had a weight watchers spagetti bol yesturday went down fine as soon as i eat it felt like it was backed up my throat i find if i stick to Soup and yougurts i dont get it nearly five weeks now thought i be ok trying solids, i had a soft boiled egg for breakfast with two of those duch bread like we got in the hosp even that feels like its a bit stuck in my throat i cant eat bread at all not even toasted its hard to no what to eat your afraid to try new things, have you still got good restrition sorry for banging on about my throat went to bed last night stared to get paranoid that my throat was going t close over:confused:

im sure your throat will get better, mine has although i still get that backed up feeling. boiled egg is one thing that seems to be a bit of trouble going down with some people, so your lucky with that one. i cant eat any bread not even the crispbakes, get terrible pain if i try..but having said that, earlier i tried to finish off my sons cheese toastie(ill never learn!) i took it really slow,it was wholemeal seeded batch loaf (on offer £1 at co op!) it did have melted cheese on it so that prob helped, but i went carefully and it went down ok..only half a slice.. but i read in my band book that if summat hurts, leave it out, but then just try it again a few weeks later cos it might be ok then. it was nice to taste bread again!.darent try white bread though yet, i know thats the worst!. i hope your throat will soon start to feel better,things have only just started to fully heal for me over the last few weeks, so give it a bit more time, just remember to go very slow and carefully, have plenty of sauce or gravy and mush it up in your mouth before you swallow. also, try icy drinks, or an ice lolly?ice pop..thats what our fill nurse told us..im sure youll be ok in another few weeks x

Hi shoes im like you i cant eat any kind of bread what so ever.. this feeling you are getting could be your restriction or they may not of been gentle taking the tube out of your throat and that is causing the discomfort, if it doesnt improve over the next week it may be worth emailing dr chris, peace of mind if nothing else.. i couldnt eat much for the 1st month or so and stayed on liquids and mush. i had more restriction before and after my 1st fill then nothing after my 2nd, i have my 3rd tomorrow so i'll see how i get on after that one, just hope i get a decent amount put in. x

Thanks Whisfull & Gillian proberly worry over nothing getting myself worked up,i keep yo posted good luck Wishfull with your fill tomorrow, Gillian you dare devil i say it was lovly tho:scared2:

I dont think i will eat bread again, i have tried it a couple of times but it got stuck and hurt so much.. im to scared to give it another go, think your brave gillian lol x