Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Thanks for the encouragment shoes really appreciate that :thumbup:

Hi wishfull, I will be flying out on Monday afternoon, been spending most of today packing and getting the last bits n peices..

I'll be banded on Tuesday the 7th aprill,, So sorry to here of your mum not being to well freckles I wish her a speedy recovery.

Cantweight.

good luck buddy you will be fine keep us posted.

Take it easy

have we had some downtime today? I avent been able to access the board all evening.

Ok now, do you guys know what kind of band you have?

I mailed my surgeon for the details of mine to let them know when I go to Mcr on Thursday and he tells me its an APS band small and it can hold anything between 9 - 11 mil.

I have done a bit of research and found this.....

Posted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:45 am Post subject: New AP band icon_quote.gif Allergan/Inamed has a new band in the US called the AP band. It has not yet been released to the general public but I have put a number of these excellent bands in. There are a couple of differences in this band and the previous ones:

1. Cuff - the cuff on the AP band is 360 degrees around, as opposed to about 300 degrees on the prior bands (there was no cuff around the buckle on the old ones)

2. Cuff length - the cuff on the AP band is 18mm longer/taller than on the previous bands, so the surface area in contact with the stomach is much greater, hopefully increasing the speed of weight loss and maybe reducing the risk of slips

3. Cuff volume - the AP small holds 10cc, the AP large holds 14cc

Note that we do not believe that AP patients will lose MORE weight, just possibly faster. So those of you with the older models, it would definitely not be to your benefit to think about having your band swapped out!

Just thought you guys would like to know this!

But this was posted in 2007.

For all you 'would - be bandsters' or those of you that are wondering if they did the right thing in getting the band, have you seen the before and after piccys on this board?

I stumbled upon it by chance...its a great inspiration to us all.

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f17/before-after-lap-band-surgery-pictures-only-4642/

They're all great but scroll down and look at Kristy, her before and after are bl**dy amazing!!!!!!

Edited by Freckles

Hey mandy your time for banding will come round so quick.. before you know it you will posting saying you are flying out the next day, its so exciting x

Hi freckles i just seen the pics of kristy and others.. they are amazing, i cant wait till im showing that much difference, i still havnt lost anymore weight but do feel loads better and i have loads more energy.. we went for a 7 mile walk in anglesey today and i didnt feel like i had done and exercise, i could of gone on longer but dave was tired lol. Hows your mum? x

CW many thanx for your good wishes for my Mum. much appreciated.

now try not to be nervous, you will find out that you are worrying over nothing. You will be fine. its the fear of the unknown that is making you nervous, all will be worth it.

Just think about all the people that he's banded and be glad to be part of our great board.

You know you can share everything with us when you come home. have a good flight and take care of you.

I am not losing anything atm, (but do feel thinner,) but I know its cos i have given up smoking and havent had a fill yet. But i know it will come off, it did last time.

I am on my second band and if the op was that bad I wouldnt have had it done again, just bear that in mind when you start getting jittery, and i'm an old trout, so no worries.

xxx

Your not an old trout ive seen your pic lol,, i'll definetly bear your experiance in mind tho; and thanks for the encouragment frecks,, keep up the good work your an inspiration to many of us :thumbup:

good luck buddy you will be fine keep us posted.

Take it easy

Thanks gaz; will do...........

Just want to say thankyou to all, for your encouragement, your stories have kept me going over the last few weeks; also re-confirming in my mind that its the right decision im making in getting banded,,,

This will probally be my last post till im on the other side :)

so for now,,,,, take care all and happy holidays.

cant-weight

Edited by Can't-Weight

Hi freckles i just seen the pics of kristy and others.. they are amazing, i cant wait till im showing that much difference, i still havnt lost anymore weight but do feel loads better and i have loads more energy.. we went for a 7 mile walk in anglesey today and i didnt feel like i had done and exercise, i could of gone on longer but dave was tired lol. Hows your mum? x

Hi Wisfull,Freckles just seen the pics too my god its amazing wonder what we will be like by xmas:tt1: well done Wishfull on your walking i cant even manage a mile never mind seven its a bit frustrating for you not losing anymore weight especial doing all that walking im sure it will soon start for you when are you getting your next fill, i starting back on solids i have no restriction did'nt expect to have much tho starting to get really hungry, i don't know weather this is in my head or not but before i had fill i felt had a bit of restriction did'nt feel so hungry has anybody felt that way after first fill:confused: i hav'nt lost anymore weight also seems to have come to a stand still,:thumbup:

Hi Gillian, how are you with your fill read you had a lot of restriction has it settled down are you happy with it:smile:

Hi Guys good luck with all your fills next week hope Garry survives all the female attention from all you lovely babs no fighting:wub:

Hi Mandy, you wont feel it coming around it will be here before you no it lol:smile:

Hi Cant -Weight best of luck will be thinking of you lol:smile:

Hi shoes, i had good restriction after my 1st fill and was thrilled by it BUT after my 2nd i had hardly any, doesnt make sense really. Me my 2 daughters and a few friends are trying to get fit so we can do the race for life next year (were not fit enough this year) so this walking will help.. we went up holy head mountain and surrounding area yesterday, last sunday we went up moel famau (2nd highest mountain in wales). Im borrowing my nephews this week to do some extra walking lol. I get my 3rd fill thursday so i hope i get some restriction and the weight will start to move again x

Hi shoes i would of been leaving around that time but i dont think u were there when i was pity i didnt know u were going to be there i would of waited for u... As for restriction im no different so bit disappointed but sure theres always next month i can still eat bread and everything not what i was expecting at all with having 7.25mls cos i dont see too many with that much in and no restriction and i think 9ml is the max so bit worried about being so close to it and feeling nothing really but im gona try not to worry yet

Hey caroline where did ur mum get her tummytuck ? I cant wait to get my arms done their first on my list but im terrified of bad scars

Hi flirtylass i would of thought you would of had some restriction by now, you may be one of the unlucky one's who is going to have to have the band filled to the max.. i hope i get a bit more restriction this week.. i still cant eat bread of any kind and havnt been able to from day 1 x

Ah wishfull i hope i dont have to get as far as the max im counting down days til my next fill already lol ur so lucky not being able to eat bread i wish i was the same

You two have got me worried, you shouldnt be able to eat bread, I can only manage it sometimes, and i havent even had a fill.

Ahh I see its only Flirtydrawers, sorry.

You see bread goes into a ball of dough when swallowed and will block up the opening, so how are you doing it?

CW you are a smooth talker, but bring it on, I love it lol.

Am thinking of you sweetie, you'll be fine and soon be home.

Well freckles bread goes down fine with me unless i take a huge bite and dont chew but 9times out of 10 i have no probs what so ever

I was thinking yesterday about my first band and I know now that I didnt have enough fills, before it broke. doh.gif

The only time i reached that sweet spot was after those long haul flights.

It didnt last long and then went back to how it had been previous to the flights.

Now because I could only eat certain foods I thought I had reached the SS, but on reflection I know I hadnt cos I was still starving.

I will know better this time. sunshade.gif