Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi Jewy and bigbones, glad your over the op, and on the road to recovery.

I had my first fill today with chris deprez, he was most charming and remembered me and my daughter from our visit to Brussells, he seamed very pleased with the way I had healed, and gave me a fill of 2.5ml with another fill next month, so at last I'm on my way.

Hi

I would thoroughly recommend Dr Chris de Bruyne. I had my band fitted last week by him..Hospital spotless and he takes great care of you. cost 3900 euro..a big investment , but I'm so glad I have had it done. I was very dubious about travelling to Brussels with the money , I was terrified it was a scam but it all went well.Best of luck with it all

Hi Dublingirl, welcome haven't seen you on this site before, im originally from Dublin living in Kildare the last 10 years,i had band fitted 6th of March with Dr Chris feeling great at the mo i was they same about the money before i found this site guy's on here are great for support and advice,hope your feeling ok first week the hardiest, you be flying after that:smile:

Hi all hope your all ok im fine I've lost 1 stone 10lbs :) really happy with that getting first fill next week,can i ask you experience bandster's about bread tried having i slice of toast yesterday went down ok but got that tight feeling in my throat about 30 mins later, has anyone tried bread what was the result:confused:

Hi Cantweight say your getting really excited now you be fine i cant believe it's 3 weeks ago wont be long you be on here telling us how you got on, my family where very concerned about me having the op and traveling to Brussels, its only because they care my family keep praising me now even my brother is considering op,the best of luck not that your going to need it lol :crying:

Hi Shoes, welcome back, I missed you. i noticed you were on the Irish section last week, and was wondering if you'd have time to call in.

OMG!!! You have done so well, almost 2 stone and not even had a fill, you are good, well done chick.

I could never eat bread with my first band after having fills, but could manage a bit of crusty roll if i nibbled it and took forever to eat it.

But that was it, ordinary bread was taboo.

Whatever you're doing carry on, its working for you. xx

Hi Shoes, welcome back, I missed you. i noticed you were on the Irish section last week, and was wondering if you'd have time to call in.

OMG!!! You have done so well, almost 2 stone and not even had a fill, you are good, well done chick.

I could never eat bread with my first band after having fills, but could manage a bit of crusty roll if i nibbled it and took forever to eat it.

But that was it, ordinary bread was taboo.

Whatever you're doing carry on, its working for you. xx

Bless Freckles thanks i don't think i will be able to eat bread anymore maybe that's a good thing love bread especially those crusty rolls,its hard to Know what to eat instead any ideas would be great how are you getting on with new band do you feel any different from the last one, i thought i mention i was a paddy but thats debatable i was born in London my mams English my dads Irish my hubby is Irish i suppose im half and half lol:rolleyes:

Hi all hope your all ok im fine I've lost 1 stone 10lbs :wink: really happy with that getting first fill next week,can i ask you experience bandster's about bread tried having i slice of toast yesterday went down ok but got that tight feeling in my throat about 30 mins later, has anyone tried bread what was the result:confused:

Hi Cantweight say your getting really excited now you be fine i cant believe it's 3 weeks ago wont be long you be on here telling us how you got on, my family where very concerned about me having the op and traveling to Brussels, its only because they care my family keep praising me now even my brother is considering op,the best of luck not that your going to need it lol :)

Hi shoes, wow thats great weight loss already keep up the good work....... I know what you mean about bread im a bread lover lol, I have bread with everything I guess that will be a big no no for me after the op :wink:

@ Dublin girl welcome to the forum you've come to the right place great people on here......:):smile2:

Hi shoes i have tried bread a couple of times but i cant manage it, its a good thing really cos i used to eat to much of it anyway, i have tried toast and couldnt manage that either, i did miss it to start with but i dont think of it anymore. Well done on your weight loss so far you are doing really great x

Hi shoes i have tried bread a couple of times but i cant manage it, its a good thing really cos i used to eat to much of it anyway, i have tried toast and couldnt manage that either, i did miss it to start with but i dont think of it anymore. Well done on your weight loss so far you are doing really great x

I just tried some toast for Breakfast - half went down OK then it really hurt! Just as well as bread was probably my biggest downfall!! :)

Maybe its a good thing, I also love bread, garlic and otherwise, atm I can manage it, but I know later, after fills, I wont be able to.

Shoes, we dont care whether you're English Irish or whatever, you are part of our great thread and we luvs ya.

My port area is still very tender, and I can feel the band around my tum, through the skin, just above my tummy button... I dont know why, I couldnt last time. It's really weird, anyone else got this?

(My daughter reckons that what it is, but I dont know.)

I'm in the Reading (Berkshire) area. My mum lives close to Chester if that's any use. Would love to meet up at some point. Can be difficult though as hubby works away alot and I don't really have any baby sitters here. But if he's home or have notice I could hopefully sort something xxxxx

Hi sammy im only about 10 mins from chester myself, it would be fun if we could all meet up.. what a laugh we would have x

I just tried some toast for breakfast - half went down OK then it really hurt! Just as well as bread was probably my biggest downfall!! :)

3 fills later and I can still eat bread....

will text u shortly.been busy

3 fills later and I can still eat bread....

will text u shortly.been busy

Hi vanessa hope your well, isnt it weird how some can eat bread an yet some cant, from day one i haven't been able to eat it.. and thats before any fills. Have you got any restriction? frederik said you could have a free fill if you haven't, bet he forgot saying that lol. Have you managed to get a appointment for next month x

Hi Jewy et al,

Yeah that was me ! How are you?? I'm still in stitches (ha ha) - stitches still there...should they not be dissolved by now(banded 17th )...I thought Dr Chris said only the port stitch may need removing by GP...please advise

Hi Jewy et al,

Yeah that was me ! How are you?? I'm still in stitches (ha ha) - stitches still there...should they not be dissolved by now(banded 17th )...I thought Dr Chris said only the port stitch may need removing by GP...please advise

Hi dublingirl the dissolving stitches take ages to dissolve so i had mine taken out at the dr's surgery about a week after i had the blue drain stitch taken out.. my wounds felt much better once i had, because i didnt have dressings on them they sometimes pulled on my clothes, others took theres out themselves..i wasnt brave enough incase it went wrong :) x