Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Sorry Garry i didnt see your post until after I had done mine.

I hope you are sure about this....ok well I have copied and pasted what I sent to Big Sis and Mmm...so here goes.

The meeting was a great success, the Ward manager, surgeon and the matron were all there.

We have cleared matters up considerably, they explained why my Mum was rambling and hallucinating, and it seems that its the delayed shock, and the trauma of major surgery, which contribute to this in a person of her age.

They have said that she may never return to normal and this may be the next stage of her Dimensia (sadly).

They admitted to not monitoring her closely enough and this will improve considerably and the Sister apologised that we hadnt had the chance to meet.

Personally I believe if I hadnt been going into hospital myself I would have spoken with her to discuss Mum much sooner than today.

They showed me in Mum's notes that they keep at the end of the bed there are a few pages for the staff to write any info for the family and for us to reply, if need be. I didnt know this.

They say she will be up and down all the time until her health finally stabilises.

They also told me that she was bleeding badly internally as well as the bleed she had before surgery, which is why it was delayed until they could give her more blood.

All of these factors have contributed to her lapses in recovery, and why she's away with the fairies.

My girls said they were impressed with the way I handled everything and covered all points so well, and coming from them (especially Rachel who knows everything, cos she's got a BA honors degree lol) and Sarah who has 11 Gcse' and 4 A levels this is a big compliment, cos they usually tell me how senile and stupid I am.

I had my stitches out and it hurt a bit, the nurse said they were red and inflamed and scabby (thanx for that lol) but should heal ok as soon as the scabs came off. I have to use vaseline.

So I feel a lot better today, thats the update.

You see only needed to be told what exactly was going on with my Mum, to understand and appreciate just what they were all doing for her.

Thank you everyone for your support. xxx

Edited by Freckles

Hi freckles that does include my 2 weeks preop which i stuck to for the full 2 weeks also i do more exercise now.. i feel im walking further and faster now im a bit lighter. I seen my niece for the 1st time since having my band and she said "omg you have lost loads of weight", that is such a good feeling, they dont know about my band x

Hi guys

The swelling i spoke about round my port under the skin still has not went down however i went and got it checked by doc and they say it is a collection of old blood under the skin and should disperse, i have put a pic below it looks like i am pregnant and the babies bum is sticking out.

Gx

post-252723-13813138210267_thumb.jpg

Hi guys

The swelling i spoke about round my port under the skin still has not went down however i went and got it checked by doc and they say it is a collection of old blood under the skin and should disperse, i have put a pic below it looks like i am pregnant and the babies bum is sticking out.

Gx

Lol i wondered what that was, then i read it :confused: . It should fingers crossed go down soon.. at least you got it looked at and it's nothing serious and that you dont need anymore surgery :) x

Hi Gary you bump is really cool, but I got another theory, when you went out for a walk with Sian in Belgium you CAUGHT her pregnancy, she has'nt got a bump yet and she said she'll travel to scotland in 7 months time when you have delivered it for her.:confused:

Freckles we are running parrallel lives, so I'll pick you up on the way to Big Sister and Gillians, next Saturday, I have found out their surname is Tickles, and the address is:

100 Upto Nogood

Round The Twist

Wherever in Gigglingtown.

The only thing I need to confirm is whether its the 1st or 2nd turning off the magic roundabout, I wont bother bring chairs cos they have a sofa outside, (how posh):)

Hi freckles that does include my 2 weeks preop which i stuck to for the full 2 weeks also i do more exercise now.. i feel im walking further and faster now im a bit lighter. I seen my niece for the 1st time since having my band and she said "omg you have lost loads of weight", that is such a good feeling, they dont know about my band x

I still think its excellent, and you were so good sticking to the pre-op diet. I did mine for about a week, because I was on holiday and I lost about 4 lbs, which was ok, but a struggle toward the end, so you have done marvellously.

I wouldnt tell them about your band if you feel that way, you know your family better than anyone, and its too personal I think.

People in general seem to think its an easy way out, but we all know its not. We still have to work with the band.

Hi guys

Gx

Poor you Garry, that looks like my tum, its swollen too, but just around the midriff area.

So how is it going to disperse?

Mmm, :crying::lol:...ok its a date, that will be nice and fresh sitting outside, in case the currys too hot.:ohmy:

If you drive, I'll bring the booze.:rolleyes:

Hi freckles, there is only 4 people who know about my band.. i dont want people thinking im cheating and iv taken the easy route, but it isnt easy.. you still have to work at it. Im sure now you have a 'working' band your weight loss will be better this time round x

Hi freckles, there is only 4 people who know about my band.. i dont want people thinking im cheating and iv taken the easy route, but it isnt easy.. you still have to work at it. Im sure now you have a 'working' band your weight loss will be better this time round x

Hunny try not to care about what people think, its your body and you are now in control of it.

You took the first, hardest step. Even the nurse who took out my stitches said to me today, I think you are very brave to get surgery:eek:

And we are, all of us.

I hope my weight comes off as fast as yours chick, though I have got a raging appetite now, since packing in smoking, its doubly hard.:rolleyes:

But I feel so much better and walk faster too, my hubby is amazed.

Hi Gary you bump is really cool, but I got another theory, when you went out for a walk with Sian in Belgium you CAUGHT her pregnancy, she has'nt got a bump yet and she said she'll travel to scotland in 7 months time when you have delivered it for her.:rolleyes:

Freckles we are running parrallel lives, so I'll pick you up on the way to Big Sister and Gillians, next Saturday, I have found out their surname is Tickles, and the address is:

100 Upto Nogood

Round The Twist

Wherever in Gigglingtown.

The only thing I need to confirm is whether its the 1st or 2nd turning off the magic roundabout, I wont bother bring chairs cos they have a sofa outside, (how posh):crying:

You never know thats what it might me, its bugging the life out me as it wont go.

Gx

:rolleyes: RIGHT THEN!!! your ALL invited to curry at my house next saturday night!! .thanks bigsister!(special madras for pattymadras!)..(no rice for wishfull! hurts with me too!) (Mmm what do you fancy? a Korma)..think mmm is doing the driving here, shes hiring minibus she has the right address anyway!.just put it in your satnav, it will tell you which exit off the magic roundabout!..hoping fat pants will be doing some yummy cakes, and everyone else can bring a bottle!!.dont forget your sleeping bags as youll be staying over,youll all be bladdered, so get your orders in now (flirty are you bringing your new bloke? if not ill have plenty of eligable bachelors lined up here for you to choose from!)..Gary bring your bump,we all want to see it! and big sister...bring plenty of money as its all on you!. I am very very posh and have settees on my lovely lawn yes,very comfortable, my 2 whippets love it too..she is lying about the burnt out car! its a van actually.its my pikey blokes. sounds like shameless or summat dont it!? anyway youll all be welcome up to sunny sheffield..well have a right laugh!..(oh and someone, please get some papaya enzyme tablets for after!)...see you all next saturday then,cant wait! gillian x

:rolleyes: RIGHT THEN!!! your ALL invited to curry at my house next saturday night!! .thanks bigsister!(special madras for pattymadras!)..(no rice for wishfull! hurts with me too!) (Mmm what do you fancy? a Korma)..think mmm is doing the driving here, shes hiring minibus she has the right address anyway!.just put it in your satnav, it will tell you which exit off the magic roundabout!..hoping fat pants will be doing some yummy cakes, and everyone else can bring a bottle!!.dont forget your sleeping bags as youll be staying over,youll all be bladdered, so get your orders in now (flirty are you bringing your new bloke? if not ill have plenty of eligable bachelors lined up here for you to choose from!)..Gary bring your bump,we all want to see it! and big sister...bring plenty of money as its all on you!. I am very very posh and have settees on my lovely lawn yes,very comfortable, my 2 whippets love it too..she is lying about the burnt out car! its a van actually.its my pikey blokes. sounds like shameless or summat dont it!? anyway youll all be welcome up to sunny sheffield..well have a right laugh!..(oh and someone, please get some papaya enzyme tablets for after!)...see you all next saturday then,cant wait! gillian x

Eh bachelors!!!!! what about the gals as all you lot of lovely ladies are all spoken for.

Hi kaka im glad everything went so well for your daughter, she should still take it easy and get as much rest as she can. How where the other 2 ladies after there surgery and what amazing weight loss they had x

thanks wishful & had to collect her from work this aft!! but feeling much better after a couple of hours sleep. taking tomorrow off as well and we can take from there.