Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

:redface:Hi Freckles, hope your mum is improving?.try to put whats been said behind you now,although its hard, you dont need any more stress than you already have had over the last week or so..keep up your posts! x

I havent had the discomfort you mention in ribs and chest Big sis, sorry.

But I can feel the port more than the last one I had.

I used to get that same sort of feeling Gillian, like as if the port had dislodged somehow and it took a day or 2 to move back to the right place. I think this happens to a lot of people, but if you are really in considerable discomfort, then why dont you mail Dr Chris and ask him sweetie, I'm sure he'll be able to give you some help xx

The whole port area is still very swollen, and tight, I am hoping this will disappear soon, when I have had the stitches out tomorrow.

thanks for that advice freckles..its good to know others have felt this feeling too..well,good might not be appropriate, but you know what i mean!.it does seem to happen like you say,and go in about 2 days. its just like its really digging in, im sure it will improve as i lose the weight,and hopefully the stitching will loosen off a bit, its sewn in like a button the fill nurse says. hope you have no problems with your new band,sure you wont, they will have taken extra care with you im sure, and youll have every success this time x

Hi fatpants, it goes to show we are all need support and use food, as our prop. I've also put on 2lb in the last few days, but together we'll beat this, as a support group its important we help each other with what ever our issues are, so feel free to shout, scream stamp and do what you need to do, I for one will be here to listen.

I wonder if the naughty, and funny, fab sisters managed their curry this week after their band fill. Hi girls if your there let me know, I'm soooooooo needing a fill I'm putting on weight again.

Hey mmm. The naughty sisters eh? I like it! And we can get very naughty on our Saturday curry night, especially with our other 'middle' sister who is just as naughty as us - we can make the men blush sometimes! We did manage our curry, as Gillian has already said, she spoilt it for herself though cos she had more than I did and she eats more quickly (bigger mouth) so couldn't manage the lovely crumble she had made - I had a small portion and enjoyed every mouthful. I know its not an ideal meal for weight loss but I don't really indulge in chocolate or much else really throughout the week and so feel justified having my small treat on a Saturday night. No doubt I will be regretting it when I get weighed at my next fill!

Flirtylass - glad you have been taking the advice and eating properly, you will need your strength for your big weekend next week! Get some early nights in!

Hope everyone had a good weekend (Fatpants, we all know the disappearing Easter Egg/Selection Box etc scenario, just put it behind you and move on!) and hope everyone is well, take care all, bigsister x

Hi cant weight, campanile is a little basic but very clean and has good comfortable beds, look through past pages cos you'll need to take extras like tea bags and large mugs (they only supply egg cup sized plastic cups), Breakfast and evening meal is NOT included in the price and is quite expensive.

I would not be surprised if Fred reads this cos whenever theres a problem it quickly gets resolved after airing it on here. Oh when you get to brussels. your taxi pick up will be holding a card with the blue and green company logo.

you will get loads of info from past posts, plus if you go onto u tube miss flump has posted a video which shows the interior of the hotel and hospital (search miss flump).

Thanks for that Mmm will have a look for Miss flump :)

just to add to that of mmm on the night before there are a handfull of other places to eat within a 5-10 minute walk, all pretty safe, i went to a chinese allbeit i still ate healthy, but my mum and mmm daughter ate in hotel and couldnot really fault it.

When do you go then

Will leave uk the day before the op.....

Gillian has already said, she spoilt it for herself though cos she had more than I did and she eats more quickly (bigger mouth)

imageasp.gif

OH Big sis you do make me laff.

Did anyone see the post by mr lapband in the new posts?

Apparently this forum was advertised on the WLS network in the USA...how good is that!!!!

I watched the video clip an it did show it.

I would like to thank all my friends here for their wonderful support, I would have sloped off into the wilderness but for those. Thank you friends.:)

Hi big sister, and Gillian, you are so much fun, I'd love to be a fly on the wall in your get togethers. Keep well xxxmmmxxx

I read this from an American lady, on here,and thought it may be of interest to all those of you who have had a few fills and get discomfort eating certain foods.

Someone has actually mentioned it before, but thought some of you may not have read that far back.

I went out to dinnner yesterday, had salmon but ended up sliming anyways. I was very uncomfortable leaving the restaurant. I asked my husband to stop at the local health food store so that I could buy some papaya enzyme pills. I read on lapbandtalk.com that people have been helped by it. I just wanted to report that it worked great! The directions were to swallow or chew 3 (small) pills. I chewed them. They actually tasted like papaya. Within about 3 minutes, I felt the pain ease and I was much more comfortable! I'm so excited about this. The pills were relatively inexpensive. The small bottle was $4.00 for 100 pills.

Just wanted to encourage anyone else who has not tried this. I hope it helps you in the same way it helped me.

Hope it helps, i will certainly remember those pills.:)

Hie everyone,

I am new to the forrum. I have made a provisional booking for the 3rd April with Dr Chris in Brussels. I am wondering if there is anyone out there booked on the same day. I am still hung up about seeing the doctor for the first time the morning of the surgery. Does anyone know why he stopped seeing patients on the standard package the night before.

Hie everyone,

I am new to the forrum. I have made a provisional booking for the 3rd April with Dr Chris in Brussels. I am wondering if there is anyone out there booked on the same day. I am still hung up about seeing the doctor for the first time the morning of the surgery. Does anyone know why he stopped seeing patients on the standard package the night before.

Hi Hoppe, welcome to the group, there's lots of usefull info on past posts, I booked on the package with Fredrick, (Dr. Chris assistant surgeon) and he and his partner Chris Duprez came to the hotel the night before for a consultation. You can book a pre op consultation in the UK I think it costs about £100, but I did'nt and all was fine. Gary had a pre op consultation, so I'm sure he'll give you further info,from what I can remember you can have a consultation at London, Scotland, and one or two other location in the uk

Hi fatpants, it goes to show we are all need support and use food, as our prop. I've also put on 2lb in the last few days, but together we'll beat this, as a support group its important we help each other with what ever our issues are, so feel free to shout, scream stamp and do what you need to do, I for one will be here to listen.

I wonder if the naughty, and funny, fab sisters managed their curry this week after their band fill. Hi girls if your there let me know, I'm soooooooo needing a fill I'm putting on weight again.

Hi mmm,

You are sooooo right! Thank You :Banane53:We'll soon all be skinny like this banana!

Take care

Fatpants

LOL! dont worry about it fatpants!!..think we all have had slight chocolate "mishaps" or very big ones like me!..its not going to upset anything, just go back to your low fat diet tomorrow, and try to be good til you go. I have not been good myself today either,and have just had a cadbury cream egg!..its the stress of this weekends postings, and its comfort food. dont worry, youll be fine! x

Thanks Gillian, I'm glad you told me that as I thought I was over reacting, I just felt I had been attacked for supporting someone in need. I am going to be really strict now until I go for my op. I really didn't even enjoy the bloody chocolate anyway, I was stuffing it down my throat as if there was no tomorrow!

You take care now

Fastpants

Hi mmm!...yes! we managed our curries!..although smaller portions, I made pear crumble for afters, but didnt manage to have any as i got discomfort after eating the curry..its strange as it feels like im all tight in the chest neck area,but it even feels like its in the sinus area too!..whats all that about then?. i dont feel any different restriction after the fill,but i didnt have much put in..ill be having more in next week..i know everyone is different so, it could be quite a few fills before i reach good restriction. its still hard work though, im easily managing no chips,cos they hurt a bit, but the chocolate thing is killing me,as its slips down so easy! hope everyone else is doing well pre and post banders?..

OMG Gillian, How much curry did you eat? You make it sound like it was all backed up...right to your nose! Ahh! I'm beginning to get a bit worried about getting this band!

Fatpants

Hie everyone,

Hi hhope

As mmm says there is no need for a consultation as long as they have all your info height weight and any conditions you may have. If they are happy to see you on the day then that means they are happy with everything. I was not aware of this hence why i paid the 100 for a consulttion, in a way it was ok for me as my BMI was 56 and they preffered me to be 50 by the op time. THis was a great motivator for me and i done it. Apart from that the consulttion was no different to the meet i had with frederik the night before. You will get all the info you need from us friendly bunch as we are all at varying stages and pretty confident could answer all non medical quaestions.

Keep the questions coming s its no different to what we all done.

Take it easy

Garry

welcome to the forum hoppe, i had my band on the 16th jan 09 in belgium, frederik came and seen us the night before the op at the hotel, and dr chris came and seen us in the ward before our ops and went through what he was going to do and also to fill in the paper work. You wont be disappointed with the care that dr chris and his team give you, good luck anyway x

Iv done it.. lost 2 stone so far(yippee), the last couple of pound seem to have taken ages.. i think its all the walking we done over the weekend that has finally done it.