Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

You cant help but feel for the poor love, lets hope both she and her mum get the help and support they need.

On a different note Gok (bangers) 'fashion, look good naked' has got a new program showing when he was 20+ stone, it supposed to be an inspirational programme, not all about diet, and hitting you around the head to get thin, but more about making the most of yourself as you aim for a healthier life style, it may be on tonight not sure though. Might be worth a look as I need lots of motivation, and feel good vibes. :(

yes looking forward to Gok tomorrow! love him!. x

Thanx girlies, will try to remember to watch Gok.

Just off to the fattys shop (EVANS) since last feb have put on so much weight none of my 'going out' stuff fits and we are in a hotel while on holiday, so you have to have some smart night time clothes. I begrudge paying out, but thats one of the joys of being a greedy b*tch lol.

Edited by Freckles

Hi Everyone!!

Just got home from being banded on Friday. Thank you for all your good wishes and encouragement. Everything went great. I was the last op of the day, so the long wait got kinda hard. Saturday my hospital mates asked me if I was sure we had the same operation because I felt so good and was flying down the hallways. Those bottles of paracetamol they hang with the IV are good for 6 hours. I wasn't in pain, and only asked for the second bottle because I was worried that if I didn't have more, I would hurt. I haven't had any pain relief since. Didn't suffer the shoulder or gas pain. The port site is sorta uncomfortable at times, but no pain. Don't get me wrong though, sneezing hurts!

Did any of you have the pleasure of being treated by JORIS, that 19 year old male nurse? He changed my bandages and removed my drain. Last time I'd had a drain removed, I vomited, but this kid was fantastic. I didn't even get the least bit queasy.

I met TC27 last night. She was very nice and I hope she sails through tomorrow.

Sorta tired, so I'm off for a nap now, will write more later. Thanks again!!!

-Tammy

Welcome home tamisu, im so glad everything went so well 4u, make sure you get plenty of rest and i look forward to reading your posts, Well done you x

Hi everyone iv been 4 my stitch out today, the blue one is where the drain was.. everything has healed very nice, the nurse was impressed how well they look. The dissolving stitches usually take a couple of weeks to go but i can have them taken out if i want. I only got dressings on now to stop the stitches catching on my clothes, other than that there not needed x

Hi everyone. Firstly hello and welcome to any of the new users I haven't greeted yet - cherryhog, shoes and anyone else I have forgotten to mention. Secondly, really pleased for you Freckles on the good news of your 2nd surgery, at last a result! Have been thinking of tamisu who I think may be back or on her way back and also TC whose turn it is tomorrow. Feeling more normal as each day goes by, just twinges from stitches but going for one out tomorrow and will ask the nurse if she can do anything to relieve the bit of discomfort of the remaining dissolving ones. Hi mmm - I am also looking forward to the Gok programme, it is on channel 4 at 9pm tomorrow. Hope everyone is well, bigsister x[/quote

Thanks for the Gok info Gillian and big sister( getting smaller) you'll have to find a new name soon

Edited by mmm

Welcome home tamisu, so happy all went well for you and you are recovering so quickly :blush:

Hi Everyone!!

Just got home from being banded on Friday. Thank you for all your good wishes and encouragement. Everything went great. I was the last op of the day, so the long wait got kinda hard. Saturday my hospital mates asked me if I was sure we had the same operation because I felt so good and was flying down the hallways. Those bottles of paracetamol they hang with the IV are good for 6 hours. I wasn't in pain, and only asked for the second bottle because I was worried that if I didn't have more, I would hurt. I haven't had any pain relief since. Didn't suffer the shoulder or gas pain. The port site is sorta uncomfortable at times, but no pain. Don't get me wrong though, sneezing hurts!

Did any of you have the pleasure of being treated by JORIS, that 19 year old male nurse? He changed my bandages and removed my drain. Last time I'd had a drain removed, I vomited, but this kid was fantastic. I didn't even get the least bit queasy.

I met TC27 last night. She was very nice and I hope she sails through tomorrow.

Sorta tired, so I'm off for a nap now, will write more later. Thanks again!!!

-Tammy

Hi Tamisu, so pleased to have you back and hear you are doing so well. Hope TC does as well as you and will be thinking of her tomorrow and sending best wishes. Mmm - no matter how small I got, I would always be bigsister on account of being the eldest of 4, so don't mind really keeping the name. Thanks wishfull for letting us know the info on the stitches - me and gillian go for ours out tomorrow - going to ask then when I can get in the bath too, can't wait for that. Bigsister x

Hi Tamisu, so pleased to have you back and hear you are doing so well. Hope TC does as well as you and will be thinking of her tomorrow and sending best wishes. Mmm - no matter how small I got, I would always be bigsister on account of being the eldest of 4, so don't mind really keeping the name. Thanks wishfull for letting us know the info on the stitches - me and gillian go for ours out tomorrow - going to ask then when I can get in the bath too, can't wait for that. Bigsister x

Hi bigsister, i have been having a shallow bath but the nurse said i can have a 'normal' bath now the wounds have healed so nice, hope your well x

You are all doing so well, wish mine was all over...never mind I'm damn lucky to be getting it done at all, hubby is very supportive and he has to watch his weight all the time, bless.

keep up the good work girlies, the weight will be falling off, and you'll be falling down grids lol.

Hi Shoes

I will be banded a week before you. Shame we're not being done the same day! I'm hoping someone reads this that is being banded on March 13th! :blush: I too really hope this works. I am going to make the most of this opportunity.

Hi Sammy77, i think i might be getting banded on the 13th march was supposed to be 20th with bridget after reading post i decided to email Frederik about the package it was a lot cheaper he has to get back to confirm the 13th i hope it is available it will be great we can give each other support thanks again Flirthty Lass and all for your tips cant keep up with names at the momment in time i will i be glad to hear from anybody that has been banded how there getting on and anyone like me waiting cant stop thinking about it excited and frightend at the same time:smile:

Hi Sammy77, i think i might be getting banded on the 13th march :thumbup:

Yay!! That will be great Shoes to be being 'done' on the same day! I will send you a pm. xxx :thumbup:

:Dancing_biggrin:Welcome back Tamisu!..glad everything went well for you...i know you feel great but dont set yourself back a couple of days by doing too much on first day back like i did!..you have got away with the gas/shoulder pain!? youre very lucky!.I didnt have the pleasure of meeting your young male nurse unfortunatly!..but lots of male nurses though i noticed..going for blue stitch out today, ive not got any dressings on now and went in bath last night..think it was a bit earlier than recommended, but it felt good and the stitches looked better after too..I have cut the "fishing line" ones off, that has relieved the tightness, they are there to support the dissolving ones i think, which are under the skin, so just have to wait for them to dissolve think it takes around 2 weeks to start dissolving..but getting better every day. my next big thing is the fill!!!..i am really scared of needles, not that they hurt that much, but i cant seem to stay still and will flinch and tense up and jump about, im scared about him not being able to find it cos ill be so jumpy..I have no idea how they do it,standing up, lying down, sitting??? can anyone "fill" me in on "fills" please?! and is there anyone out there like me who is very sensitive to being touched around belly and flinches or cant keep still during a fill?!(its just me isnt it?!):thumbup:..i can see that ill come out without having it done cos hell get impatient with me..suppose ill still have to pay though!, and what use is a band without a fill?!..does he (its frederick in manchester) give you a little jab of local first? any tips and info appreciated. Gillian x

Hi gillian good luck with your stitch out, i couldnt feel it when they took mine out, the nurse did say she could take out the dissolving stitches next week if they are irritating me. Im not looking forward 2 the injection fill myself although i think you did well injecting yourself. How you doing on your weight loss? mine has stood still, dont know if this is normal. Im still only having 1 slimfast, 1 cup a Soup and 2 actimel plus loads of Water during the day and i feel fine on that im not hungry. x