Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

You are doing so well girlies, proud of you.

Your incisions sound small!!!!

My port incision is still 2 inches long, one is about an inch long the other 3 are tiny, just one stitch each.

Every surgeon works differently I spose.

Keep those stockings girls as they are the same as flight socks and if you do a long haul flight it will save you loads, as they cost!!

I have used mine a few times.

Bit of an update

Solicitor rang me today, she says this is the best thing that could have happened for me as my surgeon will make sure that he's extra careful when removing the faulty band and will send it to the manufacturers, who in turn will send it to the USA for examination.

There are 2 things that could have caused the hole.

1. The handling of the band by the surgeon

2. A defect in the band before implant.

She doesnt think it likely that they will blame the surgeon as he uses their bands, so is a good customer.

Whatever happens, we will be looking for compensation and costs.

She told me to keep every receipt.

I am just waiting now for the surgeon to confirm the Spires agreement as to the costing of the surgery.

I wonder where my x-rays are :tongue:

You are doing so well girlies, proud of you.

Your incisions sound small!!!!

My port incision is still 2 inches long, one is about an inch long the other 3 are tiny, just one stitch each.

Every surgeon works differently I spose.

Keep those stockings girls as they are the same as flight socks and if you do a long haul flight it will save you loads, as they cost!!

I have used mine a few times.

Bit of an update

Solicitor rang me today, she says this is the best thing that could have happened for me as my surgeon will make sure that he's extra careful when removing the faulty band and will send it to the manufacturers, who in turn will send it to the USA for examination.

There are 2 things that could have caused the hole.

1. The handling of the band by the surgeon

2. A defect in the band before implant.

She doesnt think it likely that they will blame the surgeon as he uses their bands, so is a good customer.

Whatever happens, we will be looking for compensation and costs.

She told me to keep every receipt.

I am just waiting now for the surgeon to confirm the Spires agreement as to the costing of the surgery.

I wonder where my x-rays are :tongue:

Hi Freckles, sounds like you have definitely decided to go with the UK surgeon again then? Don't blame you, I think it sounds best option as you obviously still have confidence in the surgeon and also your solicitor is recommending it. Hope your claim for compensation/costs goes well, let us know your progress with that, I think we all feel outraged for you having to pay again (not to mention the extra surgery and tests you've had to endure)! Bigsister x

Hi freckles at least your a step closer to having your band fitted.. im glad i went to dr chris but if im honest i wish we had stayed an extra night b4 flying home.. Keep your fight for the compo i would, the end of the day you shouldnt have to go through the pain,discomfort also taking more time from work just because they put in a faulty band, make sure you keep us updated x

Hi TC27 OMG it's nearly your time.. bet your excited, i know i was this time last week, i'm sure you wont regret making the decision to go with dr chris, you will be looked after so no worries there.. we will all be thinking bwt you. GOODLUCK xx

Hello, im new to this site ive really enjoyed reading all of your expriences with the lap band...Im really interested in dr chris as the cost of the band in the uk are very expensive...can i ask what bmi is acceptable for the banding thanks

Hi Cherryhog and welcome, you have come to the right place, everyone here is great!!!

You will find all about Dr Chris here Cosmetic,plastic Surgery, Abroad Poland Europe UK GMC surgeon - Obesity Surgery

I think when you are paying privately for your own surgery the rules about your BMI are not as strict as if you were going with the NHS.

But I'm sure someone will be along shortly to give you the correct answer.:smile:

Thank you Big Sis for your words, I will stay around and let everyone know whats happening with me, and I want to keep a check on you girlies to make sure you stay on the straight and narrow LoL

Wishful, i wouldnt have any qualms about going to Begium for Dr Chrtis to do my surgery after all the positive reports on here, but it does seem my most favourable option to have Michael Van den Bossche do the surgery for me. After all it wasnt his fault the band was faulty, he carried out the surgery excellently with as little pain to me as possible.

I havent heard from him yet, I am hoping to by the end of the week.

Thanx for taking the time to write to me.:thumbup:

Hi cherry so far as i know if u have a bmi over 30 dr chris would do op but not 100% sure of that if u mail dr chris he will give u all the info

Hi Guys i am thinking of getting this surgery done with Dr Chris really want to get it done but really nervous could anyone give me information how they made there arrangement from booking fees to arriving for surgey

I found everytring on the internet and was speaking to a lovely lady called Bridget to book could anyone let me know how they went through booking it and if you have had the surgery done let me know how it affects you afterwards

Thanking you and cant wait for the replies

Shoes:tongue2:

Hi shoes i booked directly with dr chris and his management the cost was €4070 includes op hospital xray and all tests taxi from airport to hotel and hotel to hospital and return journeys and 3nights in hotel for u and a friend partner all u have to pay extra for is flights i went with package as it saved me having to book everything myself it was great u mail dr chris himself and tel him ur interested in op id also ask what is the earliest date he would have if u want it soon u'd prob be waiting 5wks anyway his email is chris.debruyne@advalvas.be he usually mails back quick enough and then he'l have frederik mail u offering u the package and more info on the op dr chris will ask u few health questions as well oh and if u decide o not go with package op costs between €3450 and €3950 depending on weight and stuff but id recommend the package hope this helps think i have everything there lol

THank you Flirtylass for your reply.

And thank you for you valuable information, have you had the procedure done when did you get it done was it a success for you?

Hi shoes i had the op on 5th september iv lost 4st 3lbs so far have to admit its not as easy as quick working as i thought it would be iv worked damm hard to get the weight off i havnt got restriction yet but im hoping il get some with my next fill so its all down to me at the min to not eat trash and keep the weight down but i have to say im really glad i got the band i think its scared me into eating more sensable and putting me on the right track but i know once i get good restriction it will leave things easier to lose the weight but its the best thing i have done i defo wouldnt of lost weight without it. i never dremt of going abroad for surgery i always thought people were mad to do it but if i had to do it again i would only go to dr chris after all hes one of europes top obesity surgeons and the hospitals are so much cleaner than here no mrsa or anything im prob rambling on here im trying to think is there anything im leaving out lol

4 stone well congratulations to you.

Did you have a consultation with dr chriss the night before surgery did you pay him direct or do you pay at hospital

how come your restriction isnt set yet properly is that normal.

how did you feel after the op did you have any complications

sorry for asking so many questions but am really eager to find as much info as possibe before i go for it

Hi i forwarded a €400 deposit to dr chris 2wks before i went and payed the night before in belgium the rest of the money yes u have consultation night before eh i had no complications at all thank god as for restriction u go for ur fill every month until u get it i just havnt reached the right level yet which is common some people might be restricted enough with 3mls fill where as others it mite be 7mls and u only get a certain amount of fill each time as its very easy to be overfilled my fills were as follows 3mls 2mls .75mls (of which he only got .25ml in) so my last fill i got .5ml which has taken me up to 5.75mls i defo think my next fill will be the one as i had absolutely NO restriction and since i got half ml i have a tiny bit so id say one more fill and that'l be me just everyone is different as far as fills go

im from dublin but living in kildare im female wbu

allyour info has been so helpful

how did you feel after the operation

what food can you have after the op

what hotel did you stay in

which airport did you fly into

sorry for all the questions hope i'm not bugging you lol