Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Does anyone know what hotel is nearest to the hospital...so i havent got to mess about waiting for taxis, or is this not possible?

My daughter went to Brussels last year for liposuction and she ended up having to get a train to her hospital as the hotel told her the taxis didnt run so early in the morning.

I dont want to be in that position.

Thanx girls xx

Hi freckles im glad you got your op date.. you havnt got long 2 wait at all..youll b busy getting your holiday things ready and going away.. b4 you no it ull b in belgium 4 your op(r u going anywher nice n hot). myself, gillian and bigsister r staying at the vilvoorde campanile, not 2 far from the hospital.. reading the forum i think a lot of bansters have stayed there x

Hi gill im laughing reading ur posts about sex if i had a man id be taking advantage of him use him for my workouts lol best way to burn calories and far more fun than the gym lol

feel free to borrow mine flirty...he wasnt rusty last time i looked! x

Ohhh...I just got a mail of dr Chris to say that when he has seen my x-rays (sent yesterday) he can givce me a surgery date of 16th Feb!!!!!!!:biggrinjester:

Geez, I am going on a weeks all-inclusive holiday from 1st Feb to 7th Feb, how can i do that diet???:)

Dpo you think i should ask for the week after girlies??? Or grab it and hope for the best.:confused:

GRAB IT!!! x

Thanx Wishfull and Gillian, I'm trying to find which airline flies to Brussels from Liverpool, I think Easyjet do it, but not sure which airport I need to fly into.

I tried a little googling but its harder than you think:crying:

Which airport are you guys flying into and from where?:confused:

Oh sorry, we're going to Benidorm this will be our 15th visit, can you tell we like it?

It will be warm and sunny in the day ...at night a little cool.

We went last year in January and it was the same.

Edited by Freckles

Hi freckles, I'll be leaving the day you arrive, I'm staying at the camponile, which I've been told is a short taxi ride from the hospital .

Ohh Mmm it will be all over for you, and you'll be on your way home, many good wishes sweetie.

Do you know which airport we have to fly into?:confused:

Thanx Wishfull and Gillian, I'm trying to find which airline flies to Brussels from Liverpool, I think Easyjet do it, but not sure which airport I need to fly into.

I tried a little googling but its harder than you think:crying:

Which airport are you guys flying into and from where?:grouphug:

Oh sorry, we're going to Benidorm this will be our 15th visit, can you tell we like it?

It will be warm and sunny in the day ...at night a little cool.

We went last year in January and it was the same.

Hi Freckles, me, gillian & wishfull are flying into Charleroi with Ryanair and quite cheap flights but I think it is further away than Brussels airport.

Thanx Big sis.....I didnt know Ryanair went to Belgium:confused:

So have you got far to go to the hotel from the airport, and how far is that from the hospital.

EDIT: Just noticed that Mmm says its a short taxi ride from the hospital

I'm so glad you are all here for me to ask, sorry to be a pain though:blushing:

Edited by Freckles

So have you got far to go to the hotel from the airport, and how far is that from the hospital.

Hi Freckles, no-one minds answering questions on here, we have all asked them and had them answered by another user. Charleroi airport is approx 55km (sorry, don't know what that is in real money - miles!) from Brussels according to some info I've got. We are going to share a taxi I think to the hotel which will be quite expensive but costs will be shared. Then I believe the hospital is approx 10 mins away from the hotel Campanile. Hope any of this helps with your arrangements, bigsister x.

Hi freckles, ryanair go from manchester into brussels, iv got an email from bridget saying the same as bigsister has told you.. the airport being 55km away so it would be a taxi or they do bus from the midi station at the airport (they organise 4 u) from here u get a train 2 vilvoode (only 10mins away). hope this helps.. this is what it says on my email x

Thank you Big sis and Wishful for the info.

I think if I could get a flight nearer it would be better cos its only me and the hubby coming, and we'd have to do the same trip back again after I'm discharged. Distance-wise I mean.

Surely there's an airport nearer than 55km????

Thank you Big sis and Wishful for the info.

I think if I could get a flight nearer it would be better cos its only me and the hubby coming, and we'd have to do the same trip back again after I'm discharged. Distance-wise I mean.

Surely there's an airport nearer than 55km????

hi freckles you can fly into brussells international, which is very near ...only 15 mins in taxi i think to hosp,hotel etc..the flights are much more expensive to here though, we got our return flights to charleroi for about £70 per couple..and then going three ways share with taxi i think, so it will still work out a lot cheaper for us..when i looked at the flights to brussels international, it was about £350 per couple. eurostar is a very quick and convieient way to get there too..amazingly fast from st pancras to brussels. gillian x

Hiya

I have now got the address in Bristol for you:

It is The House Clinics, 118 Redland Road, Redland, Bristol. BS6 6QT.

My appointment is at 2.45 pm. I had to pick the latest one available as I am in work in the morning and I do not think they would give me time off for this type of hospital appointment, lol. Frederik told me that he only has the clinic until 3 pm and he will probably be there from 10 am. What time is your appointment then?

thanks for the address my appt is at 1.30pm so will prob see you there!!! kate

a taxi from airport chardeoi is 150 euros however you can use chareio transfers.com and they charge 20 euros each each way i used them on the return leg very good, cheaper than bus too!!

Thank you Gillian and BTS..for the info...I have checked Brussels airline and for us to go on 13th Feb will cost about £111/£114 each, so that may be the best option for us.

Thats flying from Manchester...I would have preferred Liverpool John Lennon as its nearer for us, but nobody does Brussels from there anymore.

I dont fancy the hike down to get the Eurostar much so thats not an option for us.

My 93year old Mum lives with us so I am going to have to put her into Respite for a couple of weeks because I wont be able to look after her, and they'll prolly charge me for that :cool:

So many options to weigh up isnt there:angry_smile::regular_smile: