Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

HI Gillian and all, the work question is a quandry isn't it? I didn't have a problem telling my family and some of my friends but work is a strange one. I'm a postgrad social work student and my final placement starts on the 6th of Jan. I didn't want to mention it at the interview as its at CAFCASS and the placements there are like gold dust. So I just keep quite hopefully hey won't notice my uber strange eating habbits! I'm guessing it will be ok as my first week will be purely court work so not a lot of dashing about me thinks. What do you do Gillian and everyone else? Hopefully no one has massively strenous jobs that really require heavy lifting or the like!:thumbup:

Hi lilykay, hope your feeling better by the day..can you feel the restriction yet?..one question you could answer me...what type of stitches do they do?...and when do they tell you go for them taking out?..is it just your GP who does that?..cos was thinking of booking in advance cos it takes about 3 weeks to get an appointment with mine..Hope you can manage a little bit of a treat at christmas?! and have a good one, and a slimmer new year!

Hi Gillian, the handbook advices the following about stitches

''After 10 days, you may cut off the white threads without taking them out. The subcutaneous thread will dissolve automatically. However the blue thread has to be removed after 10 days.'' So may be good to book an appointment with the nurse, thankfully my ma's a nurse so I'm getting her to do it the waits are still dreadful at ours as well! Not sure about the restriction to be honest as I've stuck to complan once a day and tiny amount of jelly or yoghurt with tons of Water. I think I did too much too soon today as I'm now in bed and its only 7.30!!!!!!! Heyho, merry Xmas bandsters!!!!

Hi Gillian, the handbook advices the following about stitches

''After 10 days, you may cut off the white threads without taking them out. The subcutaneous thread will dissolve automatically. However the blue thread has to be removed after 10 days.'' So may be good to book an appointment with the nurse, thankfully my ma's a nurse so I'm getting her to do it the waits are still dreadful at ours as well! Not sure about the restriction to be honest as I've stuck to complan once a day and tiny amount of jelly or yoghurt with tons of Water. I think I did too much too soon today as I'm now in bed and its only 7.30!!!!!!! Heyho, merry Xmas bandsters!!!!

DOH! I just realised that this may not mean a whole lot, four of the sites are stitches with white thread and the one farthest left (I'm guessing its the port ) is stitched with a blue thread! beyond that I'd advise you to buy some dressings, you know the sticky ones that don't need tape, this is what the nurse told me!

DOH! I just realised that this may not mean a whole lot, four of the sites are stitches with white thread and the one farthest left (I'm guessing its the port ) is stitched with a blue thread! beyond that I'd advise you to buy some dressings, you know the sticky ones that don't need tape, this is what the nurse told me!

Thankyou for your advice...and i will be making appointment with nurse or doc for 10 days after then!..i hope you have a great xmas anyway, and dont forget to keep us up to date with your weight loss in the new year!..Gillian x

Hi everyone i just want 2 say "HAPPY CHRISTMAS" 2 u all, hope u av a good 1 and a very happy new year xx

hi wishfull 3 weeks tomorrow well be on our way! x

I want to wish all the best to miss flump and tropical lagoon!!!..I will be thinking of you and hope everything goes to plan and you can be at least comfortable for christmas..dont forget to stock up on every type of painkiller possible to get you through xmas...hope youll be feeling a lot better for new year...look how well fox is doing after a week!...anyway best of luck and get back to the forum and give us all the details as soon as you feel up to it!!.:smile2:Gillian xx

Thanks a lot :tongue2:

Well here I am at the other side. I must say that it was not as bad as I thought. So far I have escaped the gas pain in my shoulder and apart from a very swollen upper belly and the feeling I have overdone the sit-ups, I am ok.

I was gutted yesterday, watching everyone tuck into a yummy Christmas dinner while I had cream of chicken Soup though, lol.

I can give you all chapter and verse of the whole experience if you want, but I don't want to bore anyone unless asked.

Anyway I have my first fill booked in for Bristol on 22 Jan, which will be 4 weeks and 2 days after the op.

Oh by the way, I totally recommend asking for the wheelchair at the airport too - talk about VIP treatment - they were all great.

Anyone want to ask me anything, feel free.

Take care x

Well here I am at the other side. I must say that it was not as bad as I thought. So far I have escaped the gas pain in my shoulder and apart from a very swollen upper belly and the feeling I have overdone the sit-ups, I am ok.

I was gutted yesterday, watching everyone tuck into a yummy Christmas dinner while I had cream of chicken Soup though, lol.

I can give you all chapter and verse of the whole experience if you want, but I don't want to bore anyone unless asked.

Anyway I have my first fill booked in for Bristol on 22 Jan, which will be 4 weeks and 2 days after the op.

Oh by the way, I totally recommend asking for the wheelchair at the airport too - talk about VIP treatment - they were all great.

Take care x

Hi Tropical Lagoon, good to hear from you so soon and that you also appear to be making a good recovery - did you fly home the day after surgery? If so, I expect the wheelchair at airport was probably even more important to you - did you have anyone travelling with you who could push it? My partner will not be with me and therefore a wheelchair would not be much good to me if there was no-one to push it! Hoping that Miss Flump is also doing well and will be able to join us with her comments soon. Shame you had to just watch everyone else enjoying their dinner yesterday but you will soon be seeing the results and rewards of the best present you got for Xmas?! Take care (both you & Miss Flump) - we were thinking about you - and please keep us posted on your progress, bigsister x.

Yeah me and Miss Flump shared the hospital room and the hotel so we managed to keep each other company. I did have my 16 year old son with me but he just took it as an opportunity to spend all my money as I couldn't exactly stop him lol. He took the train to Brussels while I was in hospital. In the airport, the staff pushed me, so don't worry if you're on your own. They were more than happy to help. By the way the alarms went off each time I went through security as the port contains titanuim apparently, so I got frisked twice, lol.

I came home the day after surgery - yesterday.

Yeah me and Miss Flump shared the hospital room and the hotel so we managed to keep each other company. I did have my 16 year old son with me but he just took it as an opportunity to spend all my money as I couldn't exactly stop him lol. He took the train to Brussels while I was in hospital. In the airport, the staff pushed me, so don't worry if you're on your own. They were more than happy to help. By the way the alarms went off each time I went through security as the port contains titanuim apparently, so I got frisked twice, lol.

I came home the day after surgery - yesterday.

Thanks for the tip about getting frisked - that's another piece of helpful info - hope they're not too rough! Think I will definitely ask for a wheelchair, may as well have any extra help that's on offer.

Take care x

Hi tropical lagoon!!..cant believe how well your doing!!..it must have gone so well for you and I bet it was a big relief to be back home...even if you didnt get your christmas dinner!..I am just trying out my christmas present..a smoothie maker, in preparation!..have just been experimenting with fruit..lovely and surprisingly filling....but my eyes were averted to the alcoholic recipes im afraid...gin and strawberries, vodka, ice and lemons....and something for bigsister....Baileys and ice cream smoothie!...ooh, the calories!...that will be a special treat!. anyway Im glad your back home ok,and hope your new year gets off to a flying weight loss start!

Take care x

Just been watching the Royle Family Xmas special I recorded from last night and when they were having their 'cup a soup' starter, it reminded me of you yesterday with your soup and made me laugh!

Hi tropical lagoon!!..cant believe how well your doing!!..it must have gone so well for you and I bet it was a big relief to be back home...even if you didnt get your christmas dinner!..I am just trying out my christmas present..a smoothie maker, in preparation!..have just been experimenting with fruit..lovely and surprisingly filling....but my eyes were averted to the alcoholic recipes im afraid...gin and strawberries, vodka, ice and lemons....and something for bigsister....Baileys and ice cream smoothie!...ooh, the calories!...that will be a special treat!. anyway Im glad your back home ok,and hope your new year gets off to a flying weight loss start!

Make mine a Baileys/Ice Cream/Thorntons Champagne Truffles (or half a selection box will do) smoothie (with whipped cream topping) please while I can still do it before the low fat diet starts on 2nd Jan in preparation for banding. Just the right drink to accompany a curry I think! Sorry to all the recently banded for tormenting you by writing about things you can't have - you can get us back in a couple of weeks!

I think I may be doing so well as I stuck to the pre-op diet. Frederik told me my liver was not a problem at all. So all the sacrifices before Christmas were worth it :tongue2: