Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi, My name is Laura and I was wondering if you have heard of Tallia Law a supposed member of the medicare team with Dr Chris?? Its just I have not heard from Dr Chris or his Colleague Frederick and am a bit dubius to hand money over. Thanks Laura:thumbup:

Hi Im getting everyones posts mixed up this morning!..Im just not with it sorry!..Welcome anyway!!.read my last few posts on here, there is details of surgery with Dr Chris through Bridget at professional beauty! Good luck! Gillian x

hi there, i have heard of a tullia law, and think she is an agent for dr chris ,as i had a zillion phone calls from her trying to get me to book through her but after reading thisforum i decided to go straight to frederik myself and not through an agent,its cheaper that way, 4070 euro,( more money to spend on clothes when this huge fat body just melts away after surgery !!):) being banded on the 9th of december, so hope im ok for xmas, i have two young kids,who will want mummy on the wii fit on xmas day, or at the very least to be sitting up with a little lippy on !!!:) wouldnt it be good if we could post before and after pics here to encourage one another, just thought id throw that one in ,any takers, it would be interesting to see that photo that just decided it for you, and im sure we all have one, i certainly do !!

Hi,

For those you have not booked anything yet I would like to say, you can arrange everything with Dr Chris like I did, no Tula no Fredrick...

I payed 3400€. If you book the hotel yourself and call your own taxis, which is not hard, you will end up saving some good money.

Aftercare after the surgery is not a problem either, you get dr Chris´s cell phone and you can call him like I did from the hotel if you are having problems. (He called me too and offered to pass by to check on me before my flight)

best luck for everyone

Ele

Hi,

For those you have not booked anything yet I would like to say, you can arrange everything with Dr Chris like I did, no Tula no Fredrick...

I payed 3400€. If you book the hotel yourself and call your own taxis, which is not hard, you will end up saving some good money.

Aftercare after the surgery is not a problem either, you get dr Chris´s cell phone and you can call him like I did from the hotel if you are having problems. (He called me too and offered to pass by to check on me before my flight)

best luck for everyone

Ele

Hi..I kept trying to get in touch with doctor chris personally about a month to two ago, but he just wasnt getting back to me..and when I did get an email from him he said hed pass my request over to his management team..I never heard anything though..I wonder if hes stopped doing that now as a result of that television report?.I know it was cheaper and I would have liked to have saved the money! shame, I couldnt get any joy.. Anyway,Glad you got it done at that price..you will be able to spend the money you saved on new slimmer clothes!? you have done well with your weight loss.hope I will too!..Good luck,Gillian x

Hi..I kept trying to get in touch with doctor chris personally about a month to two ago, but he just wasnt getting back to me..and when I did get an email from him he said hed pass my request over to his management team..I never heard anything though..I wonder if hes stopped doing that now as a result of that television report?.I know it was cheaper and I would have liked to have saved the money! shame, I couldnt get any joy.. Anyway,Glad you got it done at that price..you will be able to spend the money you saved on new slimmer clothes!? you have done well with your weight loss.hope I will too!..Good luck,Gillian x

Hi,

Thanks, I was hoping to be a bit lighter by now but I have just had my first fill so....

When I first contacted Dr Chris, he told me to check an e mail I would get from his team, to be honest, I thought I wasnt willing to pay people to drive me around, so I went on taking care of everything with Dr Chris.

( Im not saying the extra service provided is not good, but I didnt miss it at all)

Im using the money I saved on my fills, I wasnt fat before so I have lots of great clothes I cant wait to start wearing again.:)

If I can help with anything else...

:)

Hi Tamisu, Welcome to the forum!! I have found the people on here to be truely lovely and very supportive and I'm over the moon to have found the site. I was originally in two minds about the whole thing but now I'm really focused and cant wait to have the op. I am having the band fitted on 27th January - only a few days after you! I did have the choice of the 23rd or 27th, however my husband couldn't make the 23rd as he works away (off shore for 2 weeks at a time) and I decided on 27th. We will be arriving at the hotel late on 25th, so not sure if you will still be there or not. It would be nice to meet up if you are still there and are up to it. Tx

Hi Lewisabbeyalyssa (hope I got that right!!) - I have heard of Tullia Law and Dr Chris' assistant Frederik did tell me she was a provider for them. The lovely Tuilla rang me quite a few times when I contacted her for info. I did tell her in the end I was thinking about having the op in January (to try and put her off as she was very persistant), however I have now booked direct with Frederik after reading the posts on this site (she will be disappointed when she contacts me again!) I did find her to be abrupt and she was also quite economic with the truth about the whole procedure, but after finding this forum, I now feel very well informed about the whole thing. Hope this helps - good luck. T x

Edited by TC27

Hi all,

For those of you still contemplating surgery just to say go for it. I was banded by Dr Chris back in September and have lost just short of 5 stone! I feel fabulous although I would ideally like to lose another 2-3 stone. I lost a stone of that weight prior to the surgery and it has been coming off steadily since.

There are downsides....The pain the day after surgery is quite bad, but mangeable, and it does involve lots of will power. I only just (after 3rd fill) have good restriction so have had to really be strict with myself about what I have eaten in order to get slim. I am actually waiting to have some fill removed as have too much restriction abd have been on liquids for about 5 days. This is horrid and should be avoided!

All in all though, I have absoultely no regrets about having the surgery itself or having it done in Belgium. I love my band!

Good Luck x

Hi, was just wondering if anyone has heard of Tallia Law, she is supposed to be parrt of Dr Chris De Bruyne's team. Thanks Laura:thumbup:

Tullia sorted all my stuff out for me with Dr Chris, she is not part of the team. She is a liason as far as i can tell, but i had no problems with her at all.

i'm being banded on friday so wish me luck!!!! my pre op diet hasn't gone very well oops!

Friday, how exciting!! I wish you best of luck and a speedy recovery. Do let us know how your experience was and how you are doing.

Hi all,

For those of you still contemplating surgery just to say go for it. I was banded by Dr Chris back in September and have lost just short of 5 stone! I feel fabulous although I would ideally like to lose another 2-3 stone. I lost a stone of that weight prior to the surgery and it has been coming off steadily since.

There are downsides....The pain the day after surgery is quite bad, but mangeable, and it does involve lots of will power. I only just (after 3rd fill) have good restriction so have had to really be strict with myself about what I have eaten in order to get slim. I am actually waiting to have some fill removed as have too much restriction abd have been on liquids for about 5 days. This is horrid and should be avoided!

All in all though, I have absoultely no regrets about having the surgery itself or having it done in Belgium. I love my band!

Good Luck x

everhopeful,

Thanks for the encouragement and the honesty. Always nice to hear. That is amazing progress you have made, just short of 5 stone in 2-3 months! I am happy for you. I hope your removal is soon, just liquids this late in can't be any fun. Good luck and keep us posted.

i'm being banded on friday so wish me luck!!!! my pre op diet hasn't gone very well oops!

OMG friday you lucky thing , you will be all over and sorted for xmas,please remember us bandsters who still have to be done and post an honest and detailed account afterwards please,with every gorey detail included, !!!!

im being banded on the 9th of december, is there no one else on this forum being done around the same time,im getting really nervous now,!!!

I still havent received any more details from frederik about what happens after you pay your deposit, book your flights,all of which ive done, what now? do i just wait? can anyone tell me the proceedure from stepping off the airplane, like when is the last time you can eat or drink ,is it midnight or 12 hours before surgery, how will you know what time you will be operated on etc,sorry for all the questions but i know there are some of you already done and have the answers and i cant see the point of sitting worrying about it if someone can allay my fears,( hopefully) please excuse any spelling errors as im just finished a 12 hour night shift!!!:thumbup::ohmy:

Edited by THE FOX
spelling

Hi Tamisu, Welcome to the forum!! I have found the people on here to be truely lovely and very supportive and I'm over the moon to have found the site. I was originally in two minds about the whole thing but now I'm really focused and cant wait to have the op. I am having the band fitted on 27th January - only a few days after you! I did have the choice of the 23rd or 27th, however my husband couldn't make the 23rd as he works away (off shore for 2 weeks at a time) and I decided on 27th. We will be arriving at the hotel late on 25th, so not sure if you will still be there or not. It would be nice to meet up if you are still there and are up to it. Tx

Hi TC27,

Thanks for the Welcome. I agree, the people on this site are lovely. Must be a drag, your husband working 2 week shifts away, hopefully he gets paid handsomely for it. We will be checking out of the hotel Monday (26th), so I'll still be there when you arrive. I'd love to meet up with you! About what time Sunday are you arriving? -Tammy

Hi Tammy,

The pay is the only thing that is good about him working away, but he has been doing it for a very long time now so we are used to it! We don't arrive until 22.45 on Sunday, so you will probably be tucked up in bed by the time we get to the hotel, but hopefully we can say a quick hello before you leave on the Monday. Not long to go now, but still plenty of time for a big blow out at Christmas :-) Teresa x

Best of luck for Friday - I will be thinking about you. I am having my band fitted on 27th January and I am dreading the pre-op diet. I will probably gain another few pounds over the Christmas period first:cursing:. Don't forget to let us know how you get on:thumbup:. T x