Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

its brussels international near zaventurm yes...its near everything, but you can get some very cheap flights to charleroi..brussels south... its a bit out of the way but theres a shuttle bus into brussels or taxi is about 75euros i believe...Anyone else out there know how much it is to vilvoorde from charleroi airport? whatever Im going to save a lot of money by travelling to there instead.as ryanair had a cheap flight sale which ends tomorrow. gillian x

Hi Gillian - I am really please that your GP was supportive about you having a band fitted and offered you aftercare on the NHS:smile2:. You must have felt on a high when you came out of the surgery. I think the letter she gave you was excellent and I think my husband and family would feel less worried if I could show them something like that too. I think I will print a copy of yours and Chrissy's posts if you dont mind and will show them to my GP, to enlighten her about the positive attitude of other doctors. I am really over the moon for you and thank you for letting me know about your experience. :thumbup:When I build up the courage and get some spare time to go and see my GP I will let you know how I get on. T x

Edited by TC27

Hi Fox..have you booked yet? if so who with, and when for?..Gillian x

hi gillian,yeh im all booked up, going on the 8th and banded on the 9th ,( December, that is),home on the 11th, im excited, worried,scared,but i cant stop smiling,have only told 4 friends ,all of whom are very suportive,im worried my 11 year old will find out hes very worried incase anything happens to me, ( he thinks we are just going for a look )but heres hoping everything goes ok and it will all be over and problem free by the time i return home,:cursing:

Edited by THE FOX
forgot to address post

Hi All,

New here. Booked for Band in January. Did Dr. Chris ask any of you for a referral from your GP? I was assigned a new GP. Haven't been to him yet and don't know a thing about him. Likewise, he doesn't know a thing about me. Kinda nervous that he won't give me the referral! Anyway, I've been reading the posts on this thread and am eager to be one of you. You seem like a great bunch!!

:)

Hi All,

New here. Booked for Band in January. Did Dr. Chris ask any of you for a referral from your GP? I was assigned a new GP. Haven't been to him yet and don't know a thing about him. Likewise, he doesn't know a thing about me. Kinda nervous that he won't give me the referral! Anyway, I've been reading the posts on this thread and am eager to be one of you. You seem like a great bunch!!

hi tamisu,im booked for belgium for the 9th december,and i approached my gp about banding on the nhs as i have 10 stone to loose, yes 10 stone, he refered me to the weight management unit,which you have to attend first and you will never gues what they told me , " i wasnt big enough " !!!!!!!!!!, so i booked with dr chris, then told my doctor who was only sorry i couldnt have it done here,having always worked,paid taxes,etc( rant over !)so im off to brussels on the 8th yippee:tt2:,and i can harly wait,apprehensive,a ittle scared,but im going to have two birthdays, my original one and the 9th december,:lol:so no i didnt have a doctors referal,but if you dont mind me asking how much do you have to loose,maybe your lighter and is your bmi over 45, if not perhaps thats why you need referal,good luck anyway,

Edited by THE FOX
more info

hi gillian,yeh im all booked up, going on the 8th and banded on the 9th ,( December, that is),home on the 11th, im excited, worried,scared,but i cant stop smiling,have only told 4 friends ,all of whom are very suportive,im worried my 11 year old will find out hes very worried incase anything happens to me, ( he thinks we are just going for a look )but heres hoping everything goes ok and it will all be over and problem free by the time i return home,:)

Hi fox...wow your only a few weeks off!!.make sure you keep up with us and let us know how your doing!!..well be thinking about you and eager for your first "post band" report!..bless,your 11 year old! aah, im sure your weight loss will benefit him too, I know it will my boys, looking forward to doing more with them! I bet you feel so much better with yourself inside,for making a decision that benefits you..I feel good already..and mines not til 16th jan.. Im sure everything will go great and...good luck! Gillian x

Hi Gillian - I am really please that your GP was supportive about you having a band fitted and offered you aftercare on the NHS:smile2:. You must have felt on a high when you came out of the surgery. I think the letter she gave you was excellent and I think my husband and family would feel less worried if I could show them something like that too. I think I will print a copy of yours and Chrissy's posts if you dont mind and will show them to my GP, to enlighten her about the positive attitude of other doctors. I am really over the moon for you and thank you for letting me know about your experience. :thumbup:When I build up the courage and get some spare time to go and see my GP I will let you know how I get on. T x

Hi TC!..Ive not heard of anyones doctors being against the band..my doctor says its the way forward, and when the NHS realise its preventative surgery..it will be done,she reckons it will be about another 5 years..I cant wait that long though! I have now told all my family and just one very close friend...and this forum of course! everyone is supportive now..i feel so much better..yes maybe its a good idea to gather some positive info for your family..its just that they havent looked into it as much as we have. I think that seeing your GP is another hurdle,and youll feel better getting their approval..I was scared stiff of seeing mine and was over the moon with her response and letter!..have a nice weekend, Gillian x

Hi All,

Hi Tamisu!..welcome! Like you Im having my band done in january..on 16th..what dates yours? I know three others having it done in january too. No doctor Chris doesnt ask for a referral from your doctor, but its a good idea to tell them before or straight after..they cant stop you but you may be suprised at their positive attitude..most do seem to be supportive..I think you need a referral if you have it done in UK.. Anyway tell us some more about yourself, how much have you got to lose etc?..looking forward to your posts, and how you get on etc.good luck! Gillian x

Hi English Rose,

I also had my band fitted with Dr Chris in July. He and his team are fantastic. I am a little confused at the difference in pricing though.

I went back to Brussels at the end of July with a friend that had her band fitted and she paid EUR 4000 for everything. If I was you I would call Fredrik and check this with him. It could be that there is a miscommunication because of the language differences.

You´re in good hands, they are a fantastic bunch at the hospital.

The taxi amount to the hospital from the hotel is around Eur 7:-

You won´t need food at the hospital for yourself, they will give you Soup and biscuits (light toasted bread type thing) the day after surgery.

There is a canteen on the 4th floor of the hospital for your husband to get food and drinks. They were not too expensive either.

The hotel is nice and clean and the staff very friendly.

There is also a small grocery store not too far from the hotel for your husband to buy you some Protein Shakes or drinking yogurts or packets of soup. ( from the back of the hotel you will see a bridge, walk under the bridge, turn right, and then all the way to a T-junction, across the road is the store).

Good luck!!

Hi, My name is Laura and I was wondering if you have heard of Tallia Law a supposed member of the medicare team with Dr Chris?? Its just I have not heard from Dr Chris or his Colleague Frederick and am a bit dubius to hand money over. Thanks Laura:thumbup:

:smile2:

hi tamisu,im booked for belgium for the 9th december,and i approached my gp about banding on the nhs as i have 10 stone to loose, yes 10 stone, he refered me to the weight management unit,which you have to attend first and you will never gues what they told me , " i wasnt big enough " !!!!!!!!!!, so i booked with dr chris, then told my doctor who was only sorry i couldnt have it done here,having always worked,paid taxes,etc( rant over !)so im off to brussels on the 8th yippee:tt2:,and i can harly wait,apprehensive,a ittle scared,but im going to have two birthdays, my original one and the 9th december,:lol:so no i didnt have a doctors referal,but if you dont mind me asking how much do you have to loose,maybe your lighter and is your bmi over 45, if not perhaps thats why you need referal,good luck anyway,

Hi Fox,

Thanks for the reply. Wow, your op date is coming up soon. I hope all goes well and you have a pain free recovery. I have an appointment with my GP on Tuesday. I'm more nervous about that than I am the surgery. I have around 80 pounds to lose. I've had hypertension for at least 10 years. I also have a GINORMOUS waist measurement.

Hi Tamisu!..welcome! Like you Im having my band done in january..on 16th..what dates yours? I know three others having it done in january too. No doctor Chris doesnt ask for a referral from your doctor, but its a good idea to tell them before or straight after..they cant stop you but you may be suprised at their positive attitude..most do seem to be supportive..I think you need a referral if you have it done in UK.. Anyway tell us some more about yourself, how much have you got to lose etc?..looking forward to your posts, and how you get on etc.good luck! Gillian x

Thanks for the welcome, Gillian!

I see my GP on Tuesday. I have around 80 pounds (not quite 6 stones) to lose. I'm booked for surgery January 23rd.

Have you had a consultation with Dr. Chris? I'm hoping I can do it in Brussels a day or two before surgery. My husband and I love Brussels, so we're going a few days early.

Good luck, I am looking forward to hearing how the surgery goes for you. Seems like some people were in more pain than others, but nobody wishes they hadn't done it after the pain goes away.

Hi, was just wondering if anyone has heard of Tallia Law, she is supposed to be parrt of Dr Chris De Bruyne's team. Thanks Laura:thumbup:

hi there, i have heard of a tullia law, and think she is an agent for dr chris ,as i had a zillion phone calls from her trying to get me to book through her but after reading thisforum i decided to go straight to frederik myself and not through an agent,its cheaper that way, 4070 euro,( more money to spend on clothes when this huge fat body just melts away after surgery !!):cool2: being banded on the 9th of december, so hope im ok for xmas, i have two young kids,who will want mummy on the wii fit on xmas day, or at the very least to be sitting up with a little lippy on !!!:smile2: wouldnt it be good if we could post before and after pics here to encourage one another, just thought id throw that one in ,any takers, it would be interesting to see that photo that just decided it for you, and im sure we all have one, i certainly do !!

Edited by THE FOX
more info

Thanks for the welcome, Gillian!

I see my GP on Tuesday. I have around 80 pounds (not quite 6 stones) to lose. I'm booked for surgery January 23rd.

Have you had a consultation with Dr. Chris? I'm hoping I can do it in Brussels a day or two before surgery. My husband and I love Brussels, so we're going a few days early.

Good luck, I am looking forward to hearing how the surgery goes for you. Seems like some people were in more pain than others, but nobody wishes they hadn't done it after the pain goes away.

Hi Tamisu, seems like your another one who has been bombarded with phone calls from Tullia Law..she doesnt do herself any favours by being too pushy does she?! she just scared me off actually and like you I didnt want to pay anything upfront. anyway why dont you try Bridget at Professional beauty? youll get her contact through www.europesurgery.co.uk she isnt pushy, and you wont pay upfront for anything..it works out about the same price as the others in the end anyway..you can book very cheap flights..mine were £58.48 with ryanair for me and husband return fare. and you can choose your own hotel too..Dr Chris will do your consultation the night before or the morning of your surgery...best of Luck anyway! Gillian

hi there, i have heard of a tullia law, and think she is an agent for dr chris ,as i had a zillion phone calls from her trying to get me to book through her but after reading thisforum i decided to go straight to frederik myself and not through an agent,its cheaper that way, 4070 euro,( more money to spend on clothes when this huge fat body just melts away after surgery !!):) being banded on the 9th of december, so hope im ok for xmas, i have two young kids,who will want mummy on the wii fit on xmas day, or at the very least to be sitting up with a little lippy on !!!:) wouldnt it be good if we could post before and after pics here to encourage one another, just thought id throw that one in ,any takers, it would be interesting to see that photo that just decided it for you, and im sure we all have one, i certainly do !!

Hi Fox I got yours and Tamisus replies mixed up!! so read Tamisus for details..Sorry Tamisu! x