Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anyone know of Dr De Bruyne Chris

Hi I booked with Bridget for jan 9th..Not got much communication either though!..still its booked and im going..bit nervous though! Im going to text or email her to make sure eveything is still set up...cos I was just given the date and that was about it! hope you have sorted something out? gillian x

Hi lilykay...did you find out if you can book direct with doctor chris? I was trying to find out the same. Gillian x

hi there just wondered how you got on, im just about to book mine !!!!

regards, THE FOX

Hi Fox..have you booked yet? if so who with, and when for?..Gillian x

chris.debruyne@advalvas.be

is the e-mail address for Dr Chris

posted numerous times on this thread already but here you go again

thanks Vixon! sorry I didnt see your other posts with Dr Chris email on, not been on this forum long..anyway, now I have just emailed him, to see if hell do it direct as it will save me money than going through europesurgery...I am booked in but for 9th Jan 09...wishing you every success with your band..let us know how you go on..Gillian

Ladies, again I come to ask for your help- I had my surgery a bit over a month and I am not travelling to Belgium for my first fills. Hubby is not going with me this time, and I am a bit nervous.

What happens during the fills? Some of you were kind enough to post here all the surgery details, even the fact that we could keep our underwear :eek: and that helped me a lot. I'm afraid of doctors, and specially of not knowing what is going to happen to me.

Also, do we have to pay for the fills in cash too? Travelling alone with lots of cash scares me too... :thumbup: How much money should I take?

thank you and good luck

Ele

Ladies, again I come to ask for your help- I had my surgery a bit over a month and I am not travelling to Belgium for my first fills. Hubby is not going with me this time, and I am a bit nervous.

What happens during the fills? Some of you were kind enough to post here all the surgery details, even the fact that we could keep our underwear :eek: and that helped me a lot. I'm afraid of doctors, and specially of not knowing what is going to happen to me.

Also, do we have to pay for the fills in cash too? Travelling alone with lots of cash scares me too... :thumbup: How much money should I take?

thank you and good luck

HI.. can I ask why you decided to back to brussels for your fill? I'm having mine in manchester on thursday, costs £100 cash.. I understand its a quick procedure..

Ele

hi can i ask why you decided to go back to brussels for your fill ? I'm having mine in manchester on thursday, cost £100.. I understand its a quick procedure..

hi can i ask why you decided to go back to brussels for your fill ? I'm having mine in manchester on thursday, cost £100.. I understand its a quick procedure..

Im in Sweden, it is easier to go to Brussels.:thumbup:

Also, are we having one or two fills? How do we know?

thanks

Ele

Im in Sweden, it is easier to go to Brussels.:eek:

Also, are we having one or two fills? How do we know?

thanks

Ele

C

I emailed Dr Chris regarding a double fill which he only does in Brussels.. he didnt advise it for a first fill.. so, unless you've specifically asked for a double fill, I would assume its a single one.. this is what I'm having.. however, you could email him to confirm which it is...If it was a doublefill he puts some in the evening you arrive, and then the second fill the next day.. hope this helps

Hi Gillian, When I look at the charts I need to lose between 5 and 7 stones. 5 will be enough for me though, as I will also be about a size 12 then ( I think anyway -I have never been that weight for as long as I can remember!). I booked direct through Frederik - I did have to email him a couple of times before I got a response but I now have an op date of 27 Jan. I haven't been to my GP yet. I haven't been with the practice long and even though I know I need to go and see her before the op, I'm not sure how she will react and I'm dreading it and keep putting off. I'm not sure why there are not many of us pre-banders on here but I'm really happy to have found this forum x

Hi Gillian, When I look at the charts I need to lose between 5 and 7 stones. 5 will be enough for me though, as I will also be about a size 12 then ( I think anyway -I have never been that weight for as long as I can remember!). I booked direct through Frederik - I did have to email him a couple of times before I got a response but I now have an op date of 27 Jan. I haven't been to my GP yet. I haven't been with the practice long and even though I know I need to go and see her before the op, I'm not sure how she will react and I'm dreading it and keep putting off. I'm not sure why there are not many of us pre-banders on here but I'm really happy to have found this forum x

Hi TC, I have an appointment to see my GP next tuesday..Ill let you know how she reacted!..hopefully shell be supportive!.I think I must have the wrong email for frederick as my emails are not being delivered. does your surgery price include the hotel and taxis for you and your husband? I heard that there was a special price of 4000euros that they did? mine will cost more than that as Im going through an agency.its that price for just the surgery alone. Its a bad time isnt it as the pound has dropped to its lowest ever against the euro..I will have to shop around for a good rate!..still feel bit guilty though with kids xmas presents and bills etc! Im reading a book at the mo that someone on this site reccomended..it was £9.99 off Amazon called..everything you need to know before and after surgery with an adjustable gastric band..it is American, but informative and making me feel less selfish..some inspiring stories too.Im going to start a countdown to my band now!..58 days!..bet I get really nervous when xmas and the new year are over, and ill be starting my pre-op liver shrinking fat free diet boxing day! best get all those xmas goodies eaten very quickly!.you will not be far behind me, only about 2 weeks or so..hope theres somone else having it done at same time in the hospital or at hotel after. Gillian x

Hi TC, I have an appointment to see my GP next tuesday..Ill let you know how she reacted!..hopefully shell be supportive!.I think I must have the wrong email for frederick as my emails are not being delivered. does your surgery price include the hotel and taxis for you and your husband? I heard that there was a special price of 4000euros that they did? mine will cost more than that as Im going through an agency.its that price for just the surgery alone. Its a bad time isnt it as the pound has dropped to its lowest ever against the euro..I will have to shop around for a good rate!..still feel bit guilty though with kids xmas presents and bills etc! Im reading a book at the mo that someone on this site reccomended..it was £9.99 off Amazon called..everything you need to know before and after surgery with an adjustable gastric band..it is American, but informative and making me feel less selfish..some inspiring stories too.Im going to start a countdown to my band now!..58 days!..bet I get really nervous when xmas and the new year are over, and ill be starting my pre-op liver shrinking fat free diet boxing day! best get all those xmas goodies eaten very quickly!.you will not be far behind me, only about 2 weeks or so..hope theres somone else having it done at same time in the hospital or at hotel after. Gillian x

hi

I had my band 4 weeks ago.. on the 4000 euro offer..it includes 6 transfers, hotel for 3 nights including your partner at the campanile.. surgery and all meds and dressings including one night hospital stay.. I thought it was good value.. some say its cheaper to book everything yourself, but not having to worry about anything was worth the price.. Frederick isnt very prompt at confirming details.. a conversation we did have!!..but be assured all will be in order..

hi

I had my band 4 weeks ago.. on the 4000 euro offer..it includes 6 transfers, hotel for 3 nights including your partner at the campanile.. surgery and all meds and dressings including one night hospital stay.. I thought it was good value.. some say its cheaper to book everything yourself, but not having to worry about anything was worth the price.. Frederick isnt very prompt at confirming details.. a conversation we did have!!..but be assured all will be in order..

Hi Vanessa, Thankyou for that.I have just had an email from doctor Chris saying that he would pass my details onto his management team,after I asked him about the 4000 euro deal. so maybe Ill get an email back from Frederick now!. Hey, youve gone through it all already!..How have you done? did you have reservations? and are you happy with the results? sorry, million and one questions..but does Dr Chris use the same band brand/size for everyone do you know, and does he fill it at all first during the op, or do you have to have it first filled later?..Im really excited about this band..I just hope it works for me,like it seems to have done for most others! I have heard good things about doctor Chris, thanks Gillian

Hi Vanessa, Thankyou for that.I have just had an email from doctor Chris saying that he would pass my details onto his management team,after I asked him about the 4000 euro deal. so maybe Ill get an email back from Frederick now!. Hey, youve gone through it all already!..How have you done? did you have reservations? and are you happy with the results? sorry, million and one questions..but does Dr Chris use the same band brand/size for everyone do you know, and does he fill it at all first during the op, or do you have to have it first filled later?..Im really excited about this band..I just hope it works for me,like it seems to have done for most others! I have heard good things about doctor Chris, thanks Gillian

hi.. yes I had lots of reservations to the point of looking for the nearest door out of the building!!.. but for a lady who'd lost 10st giving advice etc I would have gone.. as for the op..be prepared for a lot of discomfort, m ainly wind and pain at the port site.. I personally, suffered badly with nausea and pain.. my advice is to stay an extra day i.e 4 nights. just to make sure you're ok to travel.. DR Chris doesnt put in a fill at time of surgery. due to swelling from the op..makes sense..cos I personally would have been so much iller. I and the other ladies all had a 9cc band.. He recommends a fill 4 to 6 weeks post op.. so, mine is this thursday.. so far Ive lost 10lbs, but my appetite is improving so a filll is getting very urgent!.. Am I happy with the results?.. too early to say.. my scars are healing well.. port site is still sore..but I'm happy with my progress.. feel free to ask anymore questions

hi.. yes I had lots of reservations to the point of looking for the nearest door out of the building!!.. but for a lady who'd lost 10st giving advice etc I would have gone.. as for the op..be prepared for a lot of discomfort, m ainly wind and pain at the port site.. I personally, suffered badly with nausea and pain.. my advice is to stay an extra day i.e 4 nights. just to make sure you're ok to travel.. DR Chris doesnt put in a fill at time of surgery. due to swelling from the op..makes sense..cos I personally would have been so much iller. I and the other ladies all had a 9cc band.. He recommends a fill 4 to 6 weeks post op.. so, mine is this thursday.. so far Ive lost 10lbs, but my appetite is improving so a filll is getting very urgent!.. Am I happy with the results?.. too early to say.. my scars are healing well.. port site is still sore..but I'm happy with my progress.. feel free to ask anymore questions

hi vanessa, i've booked my first fill for a week thurs in bristol so im exactly a week behind you with the band and the fill. im not sure how much weight i have lost, too scared to weigh but if im honest i dont think ive lost much at all, im still eating for wales and everything goes done as sweet as a nut in fact if i didnt see it for myself on x-ray i would say dr chris forgot to put it in. i'm really ready for this fill. my friend hayley does not need a fill as she has real restriction and has lost well over a stone, it just proves that everyone is different.

hi vanessa, i've booked my first fill for a week thurs in bristol so im exactly a week behind you with the band and the fill. im not sure how much weight i have lost, too scared to weigh but if im honest i dont think ive lost much at all, im still eating for wales and everything goes done as sweet as a nut in fact if i didnt see it for myself on x-ray i would say dr chris forgot to put it in. i'm really ready for this fill. my friend hayley does not need a fill as she has real restriction and has lost well over a stone, it just proves that everyone is different.

hi.. how did you get to see it on xray?..I should have weighed today, but have put it off cos i think I might have gained due to a very good appetite!!..