Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I love Peanut Butter and jelly sandwiches. I'd like to know if you are still able to eat like a half of a PBJ after you have your band on. I've read so man posts from banders who don't seem to be able to tolerate bread. I would think if you chewed it enough, it should go down. Any thoughts from you experienced banders?

Thanks!:hungry:

I can eat most breads just fine, including, the soft white wonderbread. However, you probably won't be eating pbj for a while. Occasionally, like twice since banding i've had a half of one with natural PB and Naturally sweetened jelly and 100% whole wheat bread.< /p>

I eat them on occasion, I usually do one of the uncrustables with my granddaughter!!! I also do Peanut Butter on toast or a waffle occasionally for Breakfast.

Everyone's band reacts differently! I hope since you like them so well, yours will tolerate it!!!

Welcome to LBT!!!

Kat

Anything with a flour/yeast combo doesn't work for me AT ALL.

But crackers... crackers w/PB&J ... now that's some heaven.

I love PB&J as well. But it is rare that I eat it. It's just not an important part of my life anymore and when I say that I mean food in general.

I could eat a full one for the first 2 months post-op (and post post-op diet). The past month though, I can't eat crusts very well, but the rest of it is fine.

I have no problem eating any of those ingredients. However, jelly is not on the approved list of foods. It's high in calories and you'll be eating much more Protein than that.

Banded on 7-18-2007, and have been filled (3cc) since then. bread is not an option for me since it sticks and clogs. HOWEVER, the pb and diabetic jelly on wheat thins goes down just fine. Good luck !

I can usually eat a half of a sandwich, no crust because its too dry!

The thinner light bread is okay and a thin layer of Peanut Butter. Not the 2 pound sandwich I used to eat!!!

I actually like a thin layer anyway, so that won't be a problem. Thanks for the encouraging words!

I can tolerate bread, but I usually choose not to. And I love PBJs. So... if I have a craving, I stir up a spoon of Peanut Butter and a spoon of jelly and just eat it without the bread. Or I've been known to add Peanut Butter & fruit to a vanilla base Protein drink.

I just saw a PBJ ice cream at the store. May have to give that a try one of these days. :car:

I've been craving a PB&J sammich ever since reading this thread a few days ago ... not wanting to spoil my weight loss by adding bread to my meal, I've found myself snacking on just the PB alone. A spoonful of PB makes a great snack, unfortunately it's close to 200 calories :)

(Skippy Creamy PB, 2T = 190 Cals, 7 Carbs, 7 Protein)

... Still I can't help myself :)

I've been craving a PB&J sammich ever since reading this thread a few days ago ... not wanting to spoil my weight loss by adding bread to my meal, I've found myself snacking on just the PB alone. A spoonful of PB makes a great snack, unfortunately it's close to 200 calories :)

(Skippy Creamy PB, 2T = 190 Cals, 7 Carbs, 7 Protein)

... Still I can't help myself :)

Sorry I created such a craving for you. I just don't know if I could live without my daily PBJ. I'm 44 years old and I still eat one every day.

Sorry I created such a craving for you. I just don't know if I could live without my daily PBJ. I'm 44 years old and I still eat one every day.

My husband lives on PB&J....so do our kids. We take them to every sporting event because usually we have to go from one field to another and as we are driving I am making the sandwiches!!!

One time my husband was on a business trip and he was flagged at the airport so they had to search all of his belongings and in the carry on was his gladware with 2 pb&j's for when he got to the hotel room. He said I looked pretty pathetic with my business suit and my sandwiches. the screener got a big laugh...at least they didn't confiscate them!!!

The smuckers 1/2 the sugar jelly tastes good and the natural Peanut Butter without all the sugar works well also.

Maureen

My husband lives on PB&J....so do our kids. We take them to every sporting event because usually we have to go from one field to another and as we are driving I am making the sandwiches!!!

One time my husband was on a business trip and he was flagged at the airport so they had to search all of his belongings and in the carry on was his gladware with 2 pb&j's for when he got to the hotel room. He said I looked pretty pathetic with my business suit and my sandwiches. the screener got a big laugh...at least they didn't confiscate them!!!

The smuckers 1/2 the sugar jelly tastes good and the natural Peanut Butter without all the sugar works well also.

Maureen

Thanks for your humorous story. I take PBJ's on airplanes too. They are the perfect snack when you have one of those unforeseen delays on the runway.