Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Eating After A Certain Time...

Has anyone made a rule to not eat after a certain time.. like 7PM? And if so, does it help or what is its purpose...?

I don't have a rule...I was watching Dr. Ian on Tyra recently and his advice is don't eat w/in 1 1/2 hours of going to bed. They even tested a girl over a period of time and she didn't gain any weight changing her eating to 1 1/2 hours before bed.

I can't eat after 8PM even if I wanted to. My time frame for food is usually between about 1PM - 7/8PM. There is little reason for anyone to eat that late in the day anyway if you have already had your three meals.

There are several reasons not to eat late in the evening before going to bed, and it's even more important for bandsters. Eating late means that whatever you eat is going to be metabolized as slowly as possible, since you're sleeping rather than up and moving around. Almost all conventional diets recognize this and advise against eating late.

And for bandsters it's even more important, because lying down while there is still food in the pouch can lead to irritation of the tissues. This can lead to being too tight in the morning, leading to the well-known phenomenon of not eating before mid-afternoon, getting hungry in the evening, eating late, and starting the whole vicious cycle over again.

So, in general, try not to eat solid food for three hours or so before retiring for the night.

Before I was banded, I tried to make it a rule not to eat after 7:30 because it helped me to keep my caloric intake down.. but since I've been banded I haven't worried so much about it. If I feel starving at 8, I will eat! Though I do try not to eat too close to bed time, because laying down after I eat doesn't always feel so pleasant.

Nothing in my face after 8pm. It was a big adjustment for me but now I couldn't eat that late if I wanted to. I did once and didn't slee at all. Crazy weird dreams and reflux. Ugh, not worth it

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
    • Doctor-Links

hgh kaufen  in unserer Online-Apotheke  
      Menschliches Wachstumshormon (HGH) ist ein kleines Protein, das in einem Teil des Gehirns, der Hypophyse, produziert wird. Es wandert in Ihrem Blutkreislauf durch Ihren ganzen Körper, um Ihren Körper wachsen zu lassen.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches