Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

restriction

I have read several threads where people say that even after a few fills they still have no restriction.. how can that be? I am just trying to figure this all out b/f surgery!

You will probably feel nothing from the first fill...most people seem not to. Some folks start feeling it after the second fill. I just got my 4th and when I got my 3rd I felt "really close" but it disappeared when I lost another 10 pounds and I went back in for the 4th. I am now "just perfect". I wish it would stay, but I know as I lose it will loosen again. As you lose the weight, the fat pad around your stomach shrinks and the band gets looser. Initially, it is a little trial and error. Some people have a delayed reaction a few weeks after their fill and it gets tighter THEN. Mine seems pretty stable. The thing is not to expect too much from the first two fills and you won't be disappointed. I hit my sweet spot at 3.5 months post surgery.

So thats why I can eat more now.

I have lost 23 pounds in within five weeks.

This is my 4th week post-op and I was able to eat two pieces of pizza.< /p>

I felt so bad but I was so hungry and craving it.

I have been doing so good too.

I think maybe I have been stressed out do to my daughter being in the hoospital this entire week.

The chemo is really kickin her but.

She's only 11 ya know.

So we had movie night at the hospital.

Than I ordered a thin crust pizza hoping it would cheer her up.

She's been throwing up everything and in pain from her white count being so low.

Did I mess up?

My fill date is in two weeks.

Plus tom is finally here after a week of horrible cramping and craving!

Does anyone have any calgon?

Fills can be very tricky. People react differently and sometimes a fill can take a couple of weeks to kick in before you notice any difference in restriction.

I had six fills in 2,5yrs, still have 20kgs to loose, currrently habe 8,5cc in a 10cc band. Never felt that «sweet spot», maybe next time.

niki

Lawanda...your band is not even working yet. You may or may not be getting some residual restriction just from the band itself, but I know before my first fill I had a voracious appetite. Your first fill should be about 30 days after surgery (some doctors wait a little longer but I think 30 days is typical). I think they are conservative on the first fill. Most people don't notice much of a change. I noticed NOTHING. I went back shortly after and they did it again and I got a LITTLE restriction, but nothing to write home about. That being said, it WAS restriction and it DID cause me to alter my eating habits a little. I wonder now if they just kindof slide you slowly into restriction so you can get accustomed to the feel and how your body reacts. I think if I had started out with the restriction I have now, I may have been in a world of hurt with the learning curve. This way, you kindof slowly ease into the restriction and it's not such a shock to your system.

You mean I'll be able to eat less than I eat now?

Oh my goodness I'll be a size 7 in a weeks time!

I am still having some restriction.

I eat way less than before.

I am just wondering what to expect after the first fill.

I love meat and I bet I will not be able to have it post first fill.

You mean I'll be able to eat less than I eat now?

Oh my goodness I'll be a size 7 in a weeks time!

I am just wondering what to expect after the first fill.

I love meat and I bet I will not be able to have it post first fill.

WhooooHoooo! Honey you ain't BEGUN to eat less! Right now I tried to eat a Smart Ones dinner. I got less than half of it down and feel like I am about to POP! (I used to eat two in a sitting, not bat an eye, and go looking for something else). I've dropped about 5 pounds in the last two weeks. food at this point is just kindof an afterthought (do you BELIEVE I am saying THAT????). Within the first two bites, I literally feel I could put my fork down and be fine. My body is starting to react to this feeling and I am not getting hungry as often. I'm really going at this aggressively because while I have the incredible motivation and am seeing the action on the scales, I want to knock off as MUCH weight as I possibly can before things start to stabilize and slow down.

Remember, your first fill may be nothing. Do NOT be surprised if it is. Many folks don't recognize a change after the first fill. Some get a lot closer in the 2nd...mine was in the 3rd when I really started to recognize a change, and the 4th...WOW...MAGIC!!!! I can have always been able to get meat down, just vvveeerrrryyyy slowly.

Wow Kacee I can't wait!

My portions is much much smaller.

Even with liquids I feel like a Water baloon somtimes and that is an awful awful feeling.

In the mornings or my menustration is a mess!

Tight, tight tight!

I cannot tell you the last time I finished a cup of coffee.< /p>

Before the band I would drink at least 24 ounces of coffee a day.

Even when I have my wine I can only get a glass(nice size) and a half down if that much!

I love chicken and usually I could eat about 4-5 pieces.

Ha try one or two now and it takes me forever.

Fyi eating slow takes all the fun out of being a ferociously hungry.

When I'm out with friends they look at me like dont you want another drink?

I really really am starting to see why I was fat in the first place.

OVERINDULGENCE AND SPEED EATING!

Uh no unless you have a mop for when I explode.

Being on solids is really teaching me alot.

Each doctor also has different fill patterns. Some may start with only .5cc while others start with 1.5cc. My dr says typically in a 4cc band most people feel good restriction around 2cc.

kacee - You have given me hope!! I'm going to see Spivak on Tuesday for my third fill. I know I could have lost more weight if I had done any exercising (I haven't done a stitch until today). With almost 30 pounds down I'm starting to feel really good and having more energy!! I hope this is the magic fill!!!!!!