Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need To Vent!!!!

I need to vent. I have been on this journey to get the lapband done since Janurary. I found a surgeon and started my insurance required 6 month diet.! I was assigned a caseworker from HELL. during the inital visit she told me to sign some release of information slips for my medical records! She did not contact me at all during 6 month diet. I decided to call my pcp and all the dr's offices I signed releases for and SHE NEVER got any of my medical records. So I got the sent all the documentation to her and it sit on her desk for 3 weeks before she FAXED the info in to the insurance company on Sept 7th. I called the insurance company on Tuesday of this week and found out that I HAD BEEN APPROVED FOR surgery. Today is Thursday... SHE still has not called to let me know that I was approved! ... Am I over reacting.....I have been waiting patiently to get this done.... I still have to get pre-op labs and an EGD and all of those test must be normal before I can proceed with surgery... The rate my case worker is moving..... It will be CHRISTMAS! sORRY...... Just had to vent... Am I over reacting?:)

No, you are not overreacting. The most difficult part of this process is dealing with insurance, case workers and getting approved for the surgery! I absolutely HATED that part. '

The worst part for me is that a co-worker was doing it at the same time and he was approved in 3 weeks. It took me 3 months! It will all be worth it once you have your surgery!

Hang in there!!

you're not overreacting...insurance companies suck....my friend and I were scheduled to have surgery two days apart...she got insurance approval...I had BC/BS and got nothing but delays...I finally called my state board of insurance...and got nowhere there either.....finally got denied by BC/BS because "lap band is not proven to lower your BMI"...huh ??....went NUTS...screamed and cursed like a truck driver at one of the myriad of morons they call supervisors...used the "F" word a dozen times or more and other words I dont want to admit to....an hour later I was approved...go figure....I had surgry two days ago and while sore I know it was all worth it....you will too...dont give up....you'll get through it too..

You aren't overreacting. My mom had the same problem with her caseworker. She asked her to fax the info in to her insurance company and it took her over a month to fax it in. Unfortunately she was denied coverage and told they would never pay for it even on appeal. She didn't have a BMI of 40 for 5 years. SUCKS!!! She is going to self pay and is scheduled for surgery Oct. 19. Good luck with your band.

Thank heavens I was a self-pay. I've dealth with insurance companies enough to know that this was going to be a potential nightmare, and bottom line they probably would not approve me anyway.

Since you know she's incompetent, or at least lazy, you know you'll have to take the lead in EVERYTHING! I guess it's better to know that now so you can keep things moving. It's not right. It's not fair. But at least you know where things stand. Go after it! Vent here, and go after it!

This is exactly why I opted to self pay!!! I hate insurance!!

My daughter was born with a cleft lip/palate and other syndromes...I couldn't get BCBS to cover speech therapy. I had to fight tooth and nail to get it. Even after insurance, we owe approx. 30,000 for medical not covered by insurance! AAARRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

I know that there was no way they would qualify me for surgery!!

It's irritating. You can buy a policy that says it covers 80% with a $1000 deductible and a maximum out of pocket of $3000, and somehow end up owing $10,000. What a lie insurance is!

Squeaky wheel gets the grease! I would call and tell them I was approved and would like to schedule my pre-op testing and surgery date. I didnt have all the time problems you are having and that is still what I did. Could be why it took me one month from my initial call to my surgery date too.

Dont let this persons ability to contact you delay your surgery. If you want it go get it!