Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost restriction

Has anyone had a loss of restriction? I have had 3 fills and after this last one, I feel like I can eat just about anything.

Any advice?

Most people lose some restriction over time. Hence more fills. :)

Did you feel the same way with your other fills, or were you tighter?

Lots of possibilities. It could be that you're falling into a restriction pattern. For a while I was tight, and PBed a handful of times a week. Then I rather suddenly hit this "groove" where I could see restriction patterns, and they were WAY different than what I'd had before.

You could be seeing the results of the fat around your band area shrinking. Picture a tight watch on a fat wrist, then the person loses weight, the wrist gets skinnier, and the watch suddenly fits much looser.

I've seen many, many people reporting that they are wide open right after a fill, only have it clench down 1, 2, even 3 weeks later.

I had a fill a few weeks ago and was sailing w/ great restriction. Then the last few days...restriction loss. But, I am not quite ready for another fill yet because I am still tight in the am, and do/can get stuck from time to time.

I suggest getting another fill!

Good Luck!

After fill #2, and #3... I would lose restriction right 3-5 days before my next scheduled appt................... however #4 I'm still tight and I just cancelled my MOnday appt. DH told me he was going to laugh if I loosened up over the weekend.

So I guess that has been my restriction pattern

Ok, Just went to the Dr.s and he was only able to pull out about 1/2 of the total he has put in. So, that means there is something wrong, possibly a leak. I will have dye put through it on Monday to see where the leak is, if that is the problem. I will update on Monday. It would only happen to me....

You are not alone... sometimes the fill mysteriously disapears... one of our April bandsters had it happen early on and she has been filled with Omnipaque which is thicker than saline... kind of like "fix a flat for your band" I have asked my doc about it, but he had never even heard of it......

Good Luck!

I did have a definite leak. But since the x-ray to determine that (on Monday). I had this leak fixed on Wednesday and I doing fine. We won't be doing another fill for another 4 weeks, but he did fill it up to where we were prior to the leak, which should at least keep me at the weight I have been at. I was glad that this was quick and easy. Much easier than expected.

Thanks for the support.

Ok, Just went to the Dr.s and he was only able to pull out about 1/2 of the total he has put in. So, that means there is something wrong, possibly a leak. I will have dye put through it on Monday to see where the leak is, if that is the problem. I will update on Monday. It would only happen to me....

Not just you :confused:

They thought I was leaking, and under x-ray they saw it not going into my band. So I had revision surgery last Friday, ends up my port was just flipped completely backward.. so they moved it.

I feel your pain with the complication, but it's time to rock'n'roll now! :clap2: