Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could I be consuming too low calories?

So I'm on the final days of my 2 week pre-op diet (THANK THE HEAVENS! ????) & I'm concerned I'm not consuming enough calories? I'm eating around 600 a day if I eat a few Snacks. Is that too small of an amount? I feel fine on that amount. Not hungry anymore or anything. But I fear it'll affect my weight loss post surgery.

Follow my

Just make sure youre getting all of your Protein and Water in, oh and your Vitamins too..... You'll be fine.

I was like that the first few weeks. But once I began my soft foods/pureed phase... all the worries went out the window.

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey.

I'm now just about 6 weeks post op. and I'm feeling amazing. Surgery weight was 295 and I'm now down to 269. Yay!!

Sent from my SM-N930V using the BariatricPal App

If eating too few calories could cause people to not lose weight, then no one would ever die of starvation and anorexics would be chubby.

You do want to make sure you are adequately nourished. But when we are morbidly obese, we can get the vast majority of the calories we need from the fat stores in our bodies. Also, the pre-op diet and then the first few weeks after surgery are just a blip -- they will not affect your long-term metabolism or anything like that. Good luck!

So I'm on the final days of my 2 week pre-op diet (THANK THE HEAVENS! ????) & I'm concerned I'm not consuming enough calories? I'm eating around 600 a day if I eat a few Snacks. Is that too small of an amount? I feel fine on that amount. Not hungry anymore or anything. But I fear it'll affect my weight loss post surgery.

Follow my

I did the same used premium Protein loved them blended with ice made ice cream yum and sugar free popcicles. Told me to push for 700 a day

Sent from my SM-N900P using the BariatricPal App

@@Bufflehead ah very true. I just haven't been losing which is what's making me a little concerned. I've rang my nutritionist, so hopefully she can tell me some more foods I can have. Thank goodness it won't affect my metabolism! Haha! I thought it would destroy it!

Follow my

@@Military Ma do you mean premier Protein blended with ice?! You're about to have me over here blending it up all the time. Hahahaha!!! I'm getting so sick of these things!! The sugar free popsicles is what's getting me to that 600 calories!

Follow my

I don't think you can consume too few calories on the pre-op diet, because it's so short. I was only eating about 450 calories a day on mine, because it was just NO food. Three shakes a day at 150 calories each. That's all I was allowed.

Consuming too few calories *might* be an issue post-op when you are doing it for more prolonged periods of time. 450 calories a day for two weeks as an obese person isn't going to cause long term damage. 450 calories a day for three months on the other hand will completely wreck your metabolism.

Well... I had to call my physician today.... two day pre op diet and I was feeling really crappy. He told me to blend a banana with milk, which really helped me. Even though I am taking the shakes he was concerned that I wasn't getting enough carbs. I am finally feeling better... no longer dizzy and nauseous. . Hope these 2 weeks will fly by....

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

@@Military Ma do you mean premier Protein blended with ice?! You're about to have me over here blending it up all the time. Hahahaha!!! I'm getting so sick of these things!! The sugar free popsicles is what's getting me to that 600 calories!

Follow my

So Sorry been off for a while .... been sick daughter home on leave and Yes Premier Protein IS AMAZING Amazon has multipacks they are PERFECT..... My snow cones are done in my Ninja add cup of ice 2 or 3 popsicles and blend ... add Water and flavor enhancer and I can get 64 oz of Fluid in as I snack on that all day >