Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello from Dorset in the UK...Newbie !!

Sign in to follow this  

Hello all,

I have so many questions and I am so nervous about going for this lapband procedure - I know that it will probably let me live longer, Should all go well.

I am 34 yrs old and weigh in at 315lbs - 22 stone and 6lbs. I have been overweight for most of my life. I managed to get down to 130 lbs when I was a teenager by using laxitives and throwing up.

My mother is a big woman too and she developed Diabetes at 36 yrs of age - her Father had it and her sister has it two.

The most awful thing happened when she got gangerene in her foot due to neuropathy in her feet - She had three toes taken away . Now just 2yrs ago they found a brain tumor and she is too ill to operate on ...

I have two lovely children and a wonderful husband , I just have tried diet after diet pill after pill... I don't want to end up like my mother and grandfather and Aunty. It scares me and everytime I fail I get soooo depressed I am now being treated for depression. . . . .

I am off to see my doctors tomorrow and ask if I can be put on the waiting list - She said she would help me the last time I saw her when she gave me reductil tables which worked for about 3 weeks then wore off.

I am presently on the Atkins diet I have lost 6lbs in one week but I know I just can't live on this diet for life and am probably going to put all the weight on when I come off. http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/faint.gif

I am very excited about the lapband but wanted to know these things?

Has anyone in the UK had it ?

Who is the best surgeon here?

Did you too have to go on a waiting list?

How long did you have to wait?

I am scared of dying on the table < a bit silly I know but is true...

What is the worst thing about the operation and the Best thing < obiously the weight thingee lol.....

Well thank you for reading up till here. :car: I look forward to making new friends and hearing from you...... http://www.lapbandtalk.com/images/smilies/clap2.gif

xxx

Hi Huneyduen i am from the UK and am being banded on the 26th September in Belgium i am self pay as i could not bring myself to wait for however long it is on waiting lists here in Uk .I have heard very good reports about Mr Amir Khan the a surgeon at Manor Hospital in Wallsal West Midlands.I am sure someone else will be along soon who is allready banded to answer your other question

MIke x

Hi Huneyduen i am from the UK and am being banded on the 26th September in Belgium i am self pay as i could not bring myself to wait for however long it is on waiting lists here in Uk .I have heard very good reports about Mr Amir Khan the a surgeon at Manor Hospital in Wallsal West Midlands.I am sure someone else will be along soon who is allready banded to answer your other question

MIke x

Hello there, thanks for replying :P

I just bet you can't wait! I am so excited for you, sad hey lol . Gosh only 6 days to go - will be rooting for you -x

I would love to go abroad and heard lots of people go to Belgium , so they will be very trained. I am pleased to know about Mr Amir Khan, Thank you - I will use his name and go armed with it, to my Doctors tomorrow ... Lol - I suppose I will have no choice and have to go where I am given hey?..

You must be nervous, I have read that almost everyone is before - So relax - lol that is easy for me to say... I expect you give me the same advice when it is my turn - now that would put a smile on my face. Oh and in case you don't know lol DON'T STRETCH for at least 3 weeks so the plug does not pull..:)

Well I am one of those that could waffle all day .. So Mr SIRUSMAN :- All the best with your wonderful journey. :car:

God bless and I look forward to seeing your pounds drop off YAY!

xxxxx

Hi thanks for your good wishes,yes i am getting more nervous by the day now.I know the surgeon is one of the best there is and the hospital is super clean so in that respect no worries ,just the recovery after the op is making me nervous.I hope you can move along the road to getting banded soon.

Mike