Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Optifast Help

Hi,

Just wondering about the Optifast things...they taste foul when you make them to the instructions but i can handle it with some Water added...is this ok?? Mum seems to think this would water it down and become less effective, whereas i was thinking its just like having some water with it??

Also, any suggestions on what else i can have in this stage?? Tricks?? :help:

Hey Teeny83,

Are you pre-op or post-op? Have you checked out the Australian Yahoo site Lap Band Surgery - Health Message Boards

there are lots of suggestions about Optiyuk on there. If you are pre-op check with your doctor/dietitian and see if you can use Tony Ferguson shakes or Celebrity slim - these all taste great and come in a variety of flavours.

You could try adding other flavours to the Optifast. If you have the vanilla flavour you can change flavours by dissolving some low cal jelly crystals in about a tablespoon of hot Water and then adding it to the shake. But you really should check out the yahoo site there are heaps of ideas there and lots of people willing to help.

Danna

Hey!!

Yeah I asked about the "optiyuk" (love that) stage and whether i could have tony ferguson or celebrity slim but she said that celebrity was bad and the tony version require extra Vitamins and costs more in the long run.

I am pre op at the moment...surgery October 31st. Starting Optifast on Monday.

Adding jelly crystals to your shake is different...might try it!! I inherited some vanilla ones from my step father who had it done aswell and hated the shakes! I will check out the site...was thinking of adding coffee as well!! Just another excuse to feed my addiction!! :heh:

Thanks for your suggestions!!!

Hi, I like the Optifast coffee milkshake. tastes just like iced coffee to me and easy to drink. I am two days post op - banded 6/10/07 and struggling with sips of Water - so actually looking forward to a coffee milkshake!!!

cheers Jude

Hi all,

I saw a thread previously about Australian food choices but couldn't follow it. Is there a site somewhere that has an Aussie base so that I can follow up on options for the future? I was banded on Saturday 6/10/07 so looking for help in the coming weeks.

thanks Jude:help:

Hi all,

I saw a thread previously about Australian food choices but couldn't follow it. Is there a site somewhere that has an Aussie base so that I can follow up on options for the future? I was banded on Saturday 6/10/07 so looking for help in the coming weeks.

thanks Jude:help:

There is a Yahoo group at the following link Lap Band Surgery - Health Message Boards very helpful lot we are, plenty of threads and there is one on receipes and Optiyuck.

Danna

How'd your meeting with the dietician go Danna. I have mine this morning. I did wonder whether I would have to diet before the op. I guess I will find all that out today. See you tomorrow hopefully !:o

How'd your meeting with the dietician go Danna. I have mine this morning. I did wonder whether I would have to diet before the op. I guess I will find all that out today. See you tomorrow hopefully !:o

Hi Sades,

Went really well. I saw Muriel - don't know if that is who you are seeing or not. She said that going on Optiyuck would depend on the doctor and if I did have to, she would look into the Tony Ferguson shakes (I have a stack of them already).

I'm getting a bit nervous about tomorrow, worried that he will say that there is some reason for not being able to have the op - though I am pretty healthy. I did think of taking a chain and padlock and chaining myself to his desk until he promised to operate.

I get really impatient, I know this is what I want and now I just want to get on with it. So tomorrow, if you see him come running out calling for some bolt cutters don't panic it will just be me and my chain :)

Danna

Hi Sades,

Went really well. I saw Muriel - don't know if that is who you are seeing or not. She said that going on Optiyuck would depend on the doctor and if I did have to, she would look into the Tony Ferguson shakes (I have a stack of them already).

I'm getting a bit nervous about tomorrow, worried that he will say that there is some reason for not being able to have the op - though I am pretty healthy. I did think of taking a chain and padlock and chaining myself to his desk until he promised to operate.

I get really impatient, I know this is what I want and now I just want to get on with it. So tomorrow, if you see him come running out calling for some bolt cutters don't panic it will just be me and my chain :)

Danna

My session went well with the dietician ... for the life of me can't remember her name ... could be Muriel or Felicity. Anyway she said I should qualify for the surgery but I will get a definite answer tomorrow when I see the doc. She didn't tell me to go on Optifast beforehand but she did say it would be good idea to cut down on the food a week prior to the op. Will let you know the outcome tomorrow.

Hey!!

Yeah I asked about the "optiyuk" (love that) stage and whether i could have tony ferguson or celebrity slim but she said that celebrity was bad and the tony version require extra Vitamins and costs more in the long run.

hi,you dont have to buy the extra Vitamins excetra...just buy the shakes on there own,they just try to make more money selling the other products,they dont make you buy them[some centres however may now charge a small membership fee,around $10 for lifetime]they have heaps of differant flavours and taste nothing like optifast[honest]

i didnt like there Soups ,but just to give an idea on flavours variety ....

banana,cafe latte,choclate[wich taste like choc],espresso,french vanilla,mocha,pina colada,strawberries and cream,tropical mango,wild berry ect.......heaps more to choose than Optifast...and enjoyable.:hungry:

Shock! I actually like the strawberry & the coffee. I wouldn't dare try the Soups - YUK.

With the vanilla, they were all I could get initially, and I doctored them with some frozen berries and some artificial sweetner and always added a bit more Water to stretch them out.

I did quite well, all things considered, but all was setting my mind/will that it WAS enough for a meal.

Tastewise, I guess the strawberry one saved me.

HTH

I bought the vanilla, but I also bought some of the flavour sachets that Kickstart use (similar product to Opti +TF). Also thought would make up some diet jelly and then add that to the shake with a bit less Water, and will make some iceblock with diet cordial and try those as well.

Danna:hungry:

Shock! I actually like the strawberry & the coffee. I wouldn't dare try the Soups - YUK.

With the vanilla, they were all I could get initially, and I doctored them with some frozen berries and some artificial sweetner and always added a bit more Water to stretch them out.

I did quite well, all things considered, but all was setting my mind/will that it WAS enough for a meal.

Tastewise, I guess the strawberry one saved me.

HTH