Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

You're describing a situation that has many variations and isn't uncommon around here. What you left out is whether he has been taking Cookies to bed and bringing home two-by-two Snacks only since your surgery. If that's the case, he's absolutely sending a message. You might want to ask him to put it into words so that you know what's going on in your marriage. Often the underminer fears losing the spouse once he/she seems to have better options. That's just one of the usual possibilities. If he claims to being nothing more than funny, you can remind him that nothing is funny after the 28th time.

If he was in the junk-food-for-two habit before you ever thought of surgery, nothing has changed. You can sweetly ask him not to munch in your face until you have a good handle on your new way of eating, but it's tough to make it a demand. The general rule of the real world is that the one who makes the change or is the minority is the one who has to adjust to everyone else's carrying on as usual.

EXCELLENT explanation!!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

So many issues can be avoided through a simple conversation.

My husband is very supportive. He is trying to encourage me to try to eat the puréed food but I really can't take that much in. He is worried I'm not getting in enough. So I told him I am going to rink more Protein. I have to admit he does come in the room with big bowls of nachos cheese mixed with chili and chip. It sounds good when he crunches on it but I have to taste for it. He asked me if I wanted some of the chili and cheese. I told him I was not in the mood for any. Then he asked what was I going to do once I heal. I said have to stay prepared with foods I can have

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I think he's just trying to be nice. I would nicely say, next time you stop by to grab a shake, can you get me a greek yogurt or maybe a Vitamin Water. Just ask for a healthier alternative. My husband is "naturally" thin as well and whenever he picks up dinner or Snacks, I'll ask for something healthy and we eat together. It's not about what we eat, but about us sitting down to eat together as a family.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches