Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Two years and a couple of months post surgery and I am in that "new normal" area. For the last 18 months, I have been buying size Large shirts, 36" waist pants. My weight has been consistent. I pushed myself early to do a 5K and climb a mountain. But 2016 was busy. I met a spectacular woman over a year ago and was more interested in building the relationship than trying some new physical challenge.

Last October she did a six-week 20-pound weight loss challenge (which she really didn't need to do, but she felt like she needed to reset her system). I didn't have time then to join her, but she did well, she lost 18.2 #'s, and her abs are killer - she is 54 and can rock a bikini, I find that impressive. After the program, she had an accident and needed knee surgery just before Christmas. Because she was in such good shape, her recovery is going better than expected. That was a wake-up call to me that I can do better than just being average.

So I decided to jump start this year by doing the same program she did. Four weeks ago I already started doing the C25K program again to get ready for another race in April. So things are getting moving again. But today as I was cleaning up old files and I found a picture from 10 years ago, and my first thought was "who's that?"

I didn't recognize myself.

We joke in the beginning of our weight loss journey that we often have a moment where we don't recognize ourself in the mirror, well one cool thing to look forward to is getting to the place where you don't see yourself as the fat guy anymore. And even when you don't, it's also fun to push yourself a little further and strive for an even better normal.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches