Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

gained 3lbs in 1 week HOW?

Hi I am 16 weeks out lost 67lbs but weighed this morning and im up 3lbs like HOWWW?

Iv been eating lots of Protein sure i enjoyed myself on christmas day had 1 glass of wine and some baileys which was enough because i got sooo drunk. I ate my normal size dinner bit of meat bit of carbs and veg i had a spoon of pudding just for a little taste.

i have been going to gym quite alot this week. iv bn eating well like what is going on. urrghhh I hate my body sometimes!!!

Sent from my SM-G935F using the BariatricPal App

So it seems that u ate more than what u could eat, don't worry u can do some extra exercise to make it up

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

i dont think its real weight like fat. you cnt gain weight off of one meal. i dont think i ate more than normal maybe on christmas day but not through this holiday period iv been really strict!

This whole gastric bypass thing baffles me honestly. You don't lose weight like you normally would. It's like a whole new science and a lot of it is unexplainable. I'm close to 7 months post op and I hit a plateau for almost a month. I'd gain one, lose one, gain two, lose one, lose two, and so on. Up and down constantly. Just this past week I've now lost 3 lbs and I haven't changed anything recently to cause it. I tried changing things and nothing worked. It just happens I guess, but it'll come off and then some. Just keep doing what you're doing.

This whole gastric bypass thing baffles me honestly. You don't lose weight like you normally would. It's like a whole new science and a lot of it is unexplainable. I'm close to 7 months post op and I hit a plateau for almost a month. I'd gain one, lose one, gain two, lose one, lose two, and so on. Up and down constantly. Just this past week I've now lost 3 lbs and I haven't changed anything recently to cause it. I tried changing things and nothing worked. It just happens I guess, but it'll come off and then some. Just keep doing what you're doing.

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, there are two phases which are the "Weight Loss Phase" and the "Maintenance Phase". At around 7 months post-op, my weight loss came to an end and I naturally slid into the maintenance phase.

@@Melanie89 said "Hi I am 16 weeks out lost 67lbs but weighed this morning and im up 3lbs like HOWWW?"

There are probably 3 things at play here.

1. Holiday's are rough on weight loss. One tends to eat or drink too much and this can result in some weight gain.

2. You weight will fluctuate on a daily basis. I generally weigh myself first thing in the morning butt naked to obtain my lowest daily weight. My clothes and shoes can add 5 pounds to my weight. If I weigh myself after meals, that might add another couple pounds. Some women have issues with Water retention. Stress can also affect weight loss.

3. At 16 weeks post op, your meal volume has started to increase which gives you have an option. One thing to do now at this stage is to assess your Protein intake. Your Protein requirement is met by a combination of the protein from your meals combined with the protein from your supplements (Protein shakes, protein bars). Since your meal volume is beginning to increase, that also means that the amount of protein from meals is increasing, especially if you concentrate on consuming high protein meals. Therefore you could be able to reduce your reliance on supplements and the calories they contain. I went from 3 Protein Shakes a day, down to 2, then 1 and finally zero when my meal volume increased to 1 cup per meal at a year and a half. That is the method I used to break my stalls.

Hi I am 16 weeks out lost 67lbs but weighed this morning and im up 3lbs like HOWWW?

Iv been eating lots of Protein sure i enjoyed myself on christmas day had 1 glass of wine and some baileys which was enough because i got sooo drunk. I ate my normal size dinner bit of meat bit of carbs and veg i had a spoon of pudding just for a little taste.

i have been going to gym quite alot this week. iv bn eating well like what is going on. urrghhh I hate my body sometimes!!!

Maybe it's just fluids, could it be that time of the month....that happens to me every month and if course my required dr. visit is during that time...ughhh, if it was a week earlier or later it would show I'm down 4 more lbs.

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

After RNY gastric bypass surgery, there are two phases which are the "Weight Loss Phase" and the "Maintenance Phase". At around 7 months post-op, my weight loss came to an end and I naturally slid into the maintenance phase.

@@Melanie89 said "Hi I am 16 weeks out lost 67lbs but weighed this morning and im up 3lbs like HOWWW?"

There are probably 3 things at play here.

1. Holiday's are rough on weight loss. One tends to eat or drink too much and this can result in some weight gain.

2. You weight will fluctuate on a daily basis. I generally weigh myself first thing in the morning butt naked to obtain my lowest daily weight. My clothes and shoes can add 5 pounds to my weight. If I weigh myself after meals, that might add another couple pounds. Some women have issues with Water retention. Stress can also affect weight loss.

3. At 16 weeks post op, your meal volume has started to increase which gives you have an option. One thing to do now at this stage is to assess your Protein intake. Your Protein requirement is met by a combination of the protein from your meals combined with the protein from your supplements (protein shakes, protein bars). Since your meal volume is beginning to increase, that also means that the amount of protein from meals is increasing, especially if you concentrate on consuming high protein meals. Therefore you could be able to reduce your reliance on supplements and the calories they contain. I went from 3 Protein Shakes a day, down to 2, then 1 and finally zero when my meal volume increased to 1 cup per meal at a year and a half. That is the method I used to break my stalls.

Thank you so mucj