Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Car accident

Hi all,

Well I just got home from the doctors after being seriously rear ended today. Total bummer. My car is probably going to be totaled and I love my car. I have kept it in good shape and have invested a lot of time and money keeping it sound and dependable. The idiot who hit me wasn't paying attention and didn't see me stop behind another vehicle that was going to turn on a 55 mile an hour road. It was a big truck and I drive a tiny sedan car. The guy didn't even speak any english so I immediately called the police and thank God for two witnesses that stopped to help us. I'm okay except for some whiplash (back and neck pain). I know I am lucky to be so uninjured but I am very sad over the loss of my car and my inability to go to work tomorrow. Ugh!!! I'm so frustrated! Anyway wanted to let you all know. Teresa

I'm so sorry you had to deal with that now, Teresa! How stressful! Try to relax and rest. It never seems right or fair when another person's neglect impacts us adversely. Hope you get a good value for your car, even though it won't really replace it.

Hi Teresa -- I was rear-ended over a year ago by a kid who was changing a CD in his car and didn't notice that expressway traffic had come to a complete halt. I hope your insurance company is working to compensate you for your car and your medical bills. Get everything in writing, and take thorough notes on what occurred. Don't hesitate to go to a doctor ASAP for that back and neck pain. Not only will it help you feel better, it will establish a paper trail for your medical issues in case you have to sue the other driver. Good luck; I'm just glad that you're OK.

Teresa,

So sorry to hear of this :( and at Christmastime too. :confused: I sincerely hope you're okay and I'm very sorry to hear about your car. :confused:

As A retired accident investigator I agree with Zoe.

Go see a Dr.

You said your not injuried but sometimes it takes a day or two for that whiplash to kick in and when it does your insurance co will fight you on it because they will make it your burden to prove it was from accident and not something you did after.

Glad to hear that you feel your ok. Don't need to be lossing anyone from here especially this time of the year.

Good luck with all you got ahead of you with insurance.

hi, teresa

sorry, for your pain, you really need to go to see the doctor,

as the rest of the group are saying,.. because, when it starts to hurt and get discomfort, you don't know how long is going to take you to get well, and those injurys, are silent, sometimes weeks or months to show up, so becareful and get help, and get checked out, asap!...

i know is different but, i had a fall and i suffered for 15yrs and it was the littless thing ,so i thought, took yrs off my family and me.. so please have yourself, checked out, so as not to be wondering for years,, should i have done something then,?

take care , becareful , you've just started , a new outlook and a new way of life,with the band, make sure your ok there too.

margie

----------------------------------------------------------

margie

295/259/140gol

4/5/04

(((Hugs))) Teresa ... Sooooo glad you are okay! Sorry about your car... but it can be replaced... glad the part that is irreplacable (you) came through the accicdent in one piece!

Darcy

Awwww, I am so sorry you went through that. The car can always be replaced but you can't so take good care of yourself. I know you said you had just gotten back from the Doctor's but do keep going if you have any pain whatsoever. The first year I lived in Texas I was rear ended 3 times in 3 months. The last time I got a huge knot on my head and ended up with 2 black eyes. I didn't go to the doctor, but I did miss some work with bad headaches. The insurance company wouldn't consider that pain because I didn't go to the doctor. All I wanted was for them to pay for my lost wages but they wouldn't. So, Missy, if you have any pain at all, go back to the doctor and have it documented. Take care and keep us posted!

Hugs!

Teresa..Sorry to hear about your car accident. I know you must be upset over the loss of your car..but a car is just a car, replaceable..you are not so I am so happy to hear you were not terribly injured. Please be careful , my husband was rear ended and signs of anything wrong did not kick in right away, it was a few weeks down the road where he started having horrible pain and problems in his neck and back. To date he has had 3 neck surgeries becasue of this accident and he is in need of back surgery but refuses on account of the 3 neck surgeries. He will not go through all of that again... Watch yourself carefully and if you notice any thing out of the ordinary , call your Dr. asap

Sending you (((hugs)))

Sorry to hear of your accident. I've had them, and those comments about being glad you came out of it relatively uninjured just don't sink in for a couple of days. But it's true. After some of this wears off, you'll realize that the material things take a back seat to our health.

I also agree with others that say seek any kind of medical help you can. Many injuries don't manifest themselves until much later, and without evidence of going to the doctor you might have a hard time connecting a future problem to the accident. I've heard this can be especially true in rear enders.

Sorry about your car. Perhaps this is an opportunity to find one you like even more? I for one am glad that you are ok, and know that everything will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right, it isn't the end.

So Sorry Teresa,

I feel your pain. My daughter came home from college on Dec. 10 and started working for the holidays that Saturday morning. I usually let her drive my car I use to go back and forth to work. On Sunday evening on her way home from work I got a call she was in an accident. All folks involved seem to be ok but my car was totalled. I have attached a picture. Needless to say I was not very happy but burying a car is better than burying your child. Hope you feel better

post-204149-13813131553707_thumb.jpg

Teresa don't sign anything and be very careful what you do say. Take notes, seriously, of any changes in the way you feel, headache, soreness, etc. Don't let the ins company intimidate you into signing before you know you're ready. Make them give you a rental car. Start talking lawyer if they don't. Take care of yourself.

Terese honey, I am so sorry this happened to you. Everyone has given you great advise, I cannot think of any to add. Please know that you are in my prayers that there will be no complications to your health. I send you hugs and best wishes to get you through this stressful time. Take care and keep us posted doll. Hugs, Theresa Marie

Thanks everybody,

Dang Tanya that does look serious... I know, I'm glad I'm okay. I did go to the doctors afterwards yesterday. I could feel things already stiffening up then. At least I didn't get any broken bones or anything. I had plenty of my own MINOR fenderbenders as a young driver but always at low speeds and I rarely caused much damage. This was the most serious one I had been in ever. My trunk ended up crunched to the back seat. I was the only vehicle that had a full emergency kit and flairs in it but I COULDN'T even get to it because they were in the trunk!!! I promise I'll be persistent about getting this all taken care of including the medical, missed work and my vehicle. The problem is my car is only worth $3000-4000 and I owe $1600. I was SO excited to have it almost paid off and have it still running and in such great mechanical shape. In fact it was just in the shop yesterday getting a new thermostat... Oh well.... Thanks again for all the information and support. Be careful on those holiday roads! Teresa

Teresa, I'm so glad you are ok. I'm glad you went to see the dr afterward. I know someone who went through hell trying to get ins. to pay for her whiplash after an auto accident. Also, whiplash is one of those things that can hang around for a loooong time. You may need more than just a little medical attention to get over this. Saying hopeful prayers for you!

Oh, Guess What??? You'll get a new car! :D