Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I hope I haven't hurt myself

I am on a two week liquid diet due to my band being WAY to tight and having to have an unfill. Because of that, my band slipped a very, very, very little bit so my Dr put me on a two week liquid diet. Well I've done great until today (day 9) all the sudden I'm SO HUNGRY and when I got home, I couldn't stand it... I ate a few nuts and some edamame Beans... not a lot, just a little. I'm I'm so afraid I've messed something up. :help:

Of course after I did this I got really mad at myself... gripped at myself and my hubby (he was there)...

I still have 5 days of liquids left - I have to stay on them!!!!!!

I hope you didn't do anything, too.

I don't think anyone here can say, "You'll be alright." Because you have already slipped a little, you are on liquids to fix that, it is very possible you may NOT be alright. I'll keep my fingers and toes and arms and legs and everything else I can think of crossed for you! It must be VERY tough to go back to liquids for a couple of weeks. I think I read somewhere that some folks with pouch distentions sometimes are on liquids for SIX weeks. EEEEKKK!!!! But if I had to do it, I guess I'd do my best like you are. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in the game. This is YOUR BAND you are talking about. More of a slip=potential surgery. Good Luck, we're here for you. Come log in and write and gripe if you feel hungry, k?

I hope you didn't do anything, too.

I don't think anyone here can say, "You'll be alright." Because you have already slipped a little, you are on liquids to fix that, it is very possible you may NOT be alright. I'll keep my fingers and toes and arms and legs and everything else I can think of crossed for you! It must be VERY tough to go back to liquids for a couple of weeks. I think I read somewhere that some folks with pouch distentions sometimes are on liquids for SIX weeks. EEEEKKK!!!! But if I had to do it, I guess I'd do my best like you are. Pick yourself up, dust yourself off and get back in the game. This is YOUR BAND you are talking about. More of a slip=potential surgery. Good Luck, we're here for you. Come log in and write and gripe if you feel hungry, k?

I'm not looking for a "you'll be alright"... I am SO MAD at myself right now. My slip was/is very small... I don't know what happened tonight. All the sudden the hunger set in and I was eating some. I stopped myself, heck one bite I even spit out!

I still have 5 days to go... I am making a promise to myself to be 100% for the rest of the time...

Thank you for the support. Right now, I can't wait till 2PM on Monday to see if everything is ok..

Wow, sorry to hear about the problem. We all fear the worst might happen when we take this leap of faith. You have to be good to yourself but, your health is so important. A couple of weeks of liquids sounds like a really long time...but, surgery, recovery, liquids for an even longer time, would make me, personally, stop and think. If you have to cheat....call the doc, talk with your support group, maybe your doc can tell you some foods that you can have a few bites of. Last, but not least, don't beat yourself up anymore. You need to stay focused on your future and not past mistakes, it's over. Now that I've said all this, do what is right for you...be good to yourself!

Let us know how you are doing. You are not alone...

I'm not looking for a "you'll be alright"... I am SO MAD at myself right now. My slip was/is very small... I don't know what happened tonight. All the sudden the hunger set in and I was eating some. I stopped myself, heck one bite I even spit out!

I still have 5 days to go... I am making a promise to myself to be 100% for the rest of the time...

Thank you for the support. Right now, I can't wait till 2PM on Monday to see if everything is ok..

You can make it! I KNOW you can. Like I said, log in here, gripe, moan, complain, tell jokes, chat, whatever you need to do to not eat. I see what you are saying, it wasn't so much a conscious decision, it was an automatic one that day, you were hungry so you just ate, until you realized what you were doing. Now I gotcha. We're here for you, we are all behind you 100%

You haven't been banded that long.

I thought slips came from overeatig or out eating the band.

My slip was from the band being to tight.. it was HORRIBLE..

I could hardly drink.

My fill kicked in 4 weeks later... I had great restriction before too... then boy did I get more.

I was on a cruise and as soon as I got home I went to the Dr. They said my slippage was very, very small..

Hi everyone,

Well I had a barium swallow yesterday with the results today - everything is OK. Doing a complete unfill and going onto liquids for 2 weeks did the trick!! :( My band is back in place...

I am now on a soft bariatric diet for 1 week and back to normal foods after that.

Going forward, my fills will be small - we don't want any more of this happening to me!

Thank you all for the kind words - they really helped!! :whoo:

glad you are fine now! What size band do you have?

I have the 9.75 band which holds I believe 4cc's...