Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

STARTING FROM ZERO ... TODAY

Also to add to my comment my high was 230 and after pre-op liquid I as 195 at day of surgery and Dr had me at BMI 31.5 so not sure how was the same BMI another reader calculated at 5'5" (my height too) and 183. But again if anyone wants to cut their stomach off for what THEIR reason may be that's their choice and sorry I still can't get over someone else being offended by that. SMH

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

I guess you guys don't read all the posts on the forum. There are lots of people with 30 and 31 BMI that get sleeved in Mexico.

I read them all, and you said it right, in MEXICO. No reputable Dr in the US will touch her and if you find someone who does, I'd like to know their name. This is why they have to go to mexico b3cause they don't need surgery, they need counciling. They need to figure out why they feel the need to have bariatric surgery instead of figuring out why they have bad habits. I wouldn't have had this surgery 2 months ago if i had the chance. Because of medicine that contained high steroids, it packed the weight on my 145lb, 5'7 frame and i couldn't get it off. Now i suffer with pain that comes with having MS because i cant go back to taking those meds. Ive never had a problem with food nor my weight. Im not knocking anything anyone wants to do with their bodies. Im just saying that any dr here in the STATES will not touch her and the veterans on this page know that. Theyre trying to give her good sound advice. I will keep her in my prayers .

Sent from my SM-N920V using the BariatricPal App

@@ShelterDog64 is not matter of caring about people is just helping each other with our points of view since we are here for having a common problem even if in different scales. But of course if you don't give a **** and want just to take and not to give then you are more than free

I personally do care about people even if I don't know them and I help any time I can more if it doesn't represent a big sacrifice

Easy there...I didn't say I don't care about people and that I don't give a ****, that I just want to take and not give. Some of you are AWFULLY good at the whole straw man thing.

I just don't get offended whether or not someone else has WLS. It doesn't affect me, therefore it doesn't offend me. I not offended by what kind of car you drive, whether or not you have breast enhancement surgery or whether you eat meat or not, either. They don't affect me, thus don't offend me.

To be honest, I feel that the US should allow the sleeve surgery at lower weights than 40 BMI. I struggled with weight gain for so long until I was over 40 BMI and finally qualified plus another 6 months of pre-op weight program. My doctor feels the surgery is the best treatment for obesity and it is sad that the BMI has to be so high as I now have several friends stating they wish they could have surgery and yet they are a few points lower in BMI. Hopefully in this case the doctor will make the best decision for the patient, however I do think that 40 BMI is too high as the threshold.

I fall into this category--40 is a high threshold honestly. This fall was the first time in my life I've been over 200. But I've been 190 for the past oh, 5 years, and I'm 5'3 tall on a good day. Both of my parents were/are obese. This year I went over 200 and my body felt very comfortable with it so I took the proactive step of the sleeve. Despite my 'lower' BMI, I have high cholesterol and sleep apnea and my blood pressure was going through the roof. I think every case for gastric surgery is individual and a good, reputable doctor will assess each case on its own merit....hopefully.