Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

2 Week Pre-Op question

I am on day 2 of doing my 2 week pre-op fasting - 5 slim fasts per day, chicken/beef broth, sugar free ice pops and Jello, diet/caffiene free soda and iced tea, Water, Decaf coffee.

I am shaky from head to toe, I'm not starving, just a little hungry, and very shaky. I have a slight headache and I am extremely lethargic.

Did anyone else feel this way?

:cry

My pre-op was nt ad, but I did a Protein Shake for Bfast and dinner with a small lunch. If you can stop the soda's now, it will make it easier later. I would consult your dr and see if you can modify your diet a little. Yours seems extreme to me......Dave

Mine is a three week pre-op but it is low fat, low cal, 1000 cal/day. I have had an incredible headache all afternoon, today was my first day, hopefully I can get through this and tomorrow will be better. I am feeling a bit hungry too.

That was me on day 2, headache so bad, and vomiting for 3 hours, I felt like sh*t. Anyway I have slightly modified the diet to include some fish or chicken and seems to be ok.. Hoping this isnt going to affect my liver!!!!!! I have lost 3 kilos in a week though.

Jo

I'm feeling somewhat better today, the slight headache isn't as bad as it was, but it is still there. The shakiness is calming down some. I'm not HUNGRY, I get little twinges of hunger here and there. I've been keeping myself full on broth and coffee and other fluids. And then I woke up this morning with IT - talk about kicking me while I'm down!!!!

I did okay. Creamy Soups really helped me. YOu can have anything that can fit through a straw. The Soup really made the difference.

FOR THE LOVE OF EVERYTHING HOLY, STOPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Stop telling people stuff like this!!! You might be WRONG, and guess what, you WERE WRONG! This poster is on her pre-op and CANNOT HAVE "creamy soups" or "anything that can fit through a straw." And post-op, I'm guessing if she is not yet at the full liquid stage (i.e. is still on clears only) she STILL couldn't have "anything that can fit through a straw."

SHEESH, how MANY times do I have to BEG and PLEAD with you to STOP posting what someone can eat??? You DO NOT KNOW, and NEITHER DO I unless they post exactly what their diet is. We are NOT THEIR SURGEON.

My pre-op was nt ad, but I did a Protein Shake for Bfast and dinner with a small lunch. If you can stop the soda's now, it will make it easier later. I would consult your dr and see if you can modify your diet a little. Yours seems extreme to me......Dave

I know to those who still could have food this seems extreme, but mine was actually worse. At least the OP can have five Slim Fasts a day...mine was a prescribed liquid diet that equalled out to about 700 calories a day, now that was seriosuly extreme. But I guess it was in the name of shrinking the liver.