Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Semi Solid Suggestions

I am a week and a half post op, but my doctor starts you off on mix of pureed and soft foods that are straight Protein. We are allowed ground meat, white fish, meatballs, cheese, Beans, and the like. All items have to be grilled/baked and moistened with broth or Water. To be discharged from the hospital we had to keep down a few bites of pureed food.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using the BariatricPal App

Oh wow mine is totally different but I like yours much better!!! I had 2 weeks of liquid diet...1 before and 1 after and then purée with no meat:(

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

yup...I am loving mine. we did have two weeks of liquid pre-op, but the ability to slowly incorporate food post op has been great. I haven't ventured to chicken yet, but scrambled eggs have sit well. During my one week follow up they mentioned trying chicken thighs highly moistened and shredded/pureed. So that will be my next meat. I am melting inches, but they note it will be 5 to 10 lbs of weight loss per month.

I tried eggs my first morning for soft foods and they didn't sit to well but will try again with a different version. Good for you though! Thanks the above helps me too. Tried Lamb Burgers with Mint Yogurt sauce yesterday and they were tasty and sat well on stomach...whew!:)

How much did you weigh going in?

That sounds good, may have to give it a try...My HW was 227, and came home from surgery @217 after gaining from all the drip. At my one week was down to 207, so looking forward to my one month check up to see where I land.

I am a week and a half post op, but my doctor starts you off on mix of pureed and soft foods that are straight Protein. We are allowed ground meat, white fish, meatballs, cheese, Beans, and the like. All items have to be grilled/baked and moistened with broth or Water. To be discharged from the hospital we had to keep down a few bites of pureed food.

Oh wow mine is totally different but I like yours much better!!! I had 2 weeks of liquid diet...1 before and 1 after and then purée with no meat:(

yup...I am loving mine. we did have two weeks of liquid pre-op, but the ability to slowly incorporate food post op has been great. I haven't ventured to chicken yet, but scrambled eggs have sit well. During my one week follow up they mentioned trying chicken thighs highly moistened and shredded/pureed. So that will be my next meat. I am melting inches, but they note it will be 5 to 10 lbs of weight loss per month.

I tried eggs my first morning for soft foods and they didn't sit to well but will try again with a different version. Good for you though! Thanks the above helps me too. Tried Lamb Burgers with Mint Yogurt sauce yesterday and they were tasty and sat well on stomach...whew!:)

How much did you weigh going in?

That sounds good, may have to give it a try...My HW was 227, and came home from surgery @217 after gaining from all the drip. At my one week was down to 207, so looking forward to my one month check up to see where I land.

Here is the recipe and good for you!!!post-307298-14828501566672_thumb.jpg

@@danaymacklin

Can add a can or make 14-15 oz of enchilada sauce yourself. Either works :)

How do you make it yourself? I like being in control of ingredients. What can sauce did you use just in case? This is all new for me so trying to make sure I do things right. Thanks!!!!

I use this recipe but without the flour. It's super easy and tastes good :D. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/61727/ten-minute-enchilada-sauce/

@@danaymacklin

Can add a can or make 14-15 oz of enchilada sauce yourself. Either works :)

How do you make it yourself? I like being in control of ingredients. What can sauce did you use just in case? This is all new for me so trying to make sure I do things right. Thanks!!!!

I use this recipe but without the flour. It's super easy and tastes good :D. http://allrecipes.com/recipe/61727/ten-minute-enchilada-sauce/

This is fantastic! Thanks a bunch

Was partial to crustless quiche. I stuggled with eggs by themselves at first. But mixed with other ingredients it was better. Would make everything in 1/2 cup ramekins so there was no question as to portion size

Was partial to crustless quiche. I stuggled with eggs by themselves at first. But mixed with other ingredients it was better. Would make everything in 1/2 cup ramekins so there was no question as to portion size

Sounds good! How did you make or what did you put in them? Thx!!!