Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Burping...

I had my surgery 9 months ago and I burp constantly. I think it has something to do with the band and the diaphram causes air bubbles or something. Everyone I know that has a band burps.

Hic up usually mean stop eating. It's called a soft stop. If you keep eating when you get the hic ups, you could throw up.

I cannot and have not burped since surgery two days ago. I feel that weak attempt and then it seems to just stop. I feel like I would much rather burp then have gas get trapped.

Usually, if I feel like I need to burp and can't, I press on my tummy a little bit, and out it pops!

Hi September 2007 bandsters-I was banded in San Diego by Dr. Mueller. I am having a hard time eating food unless it is junk food; it seems like the crunchy crispy stuff is easier to keep down then things like chicken, wheat bread, veggies etc., However I have no problem keeping Cookies and chips down.

I know that I should not be eating this stuff and I am doing pretty well down 15 lbs but most of it is from the pre-op diet.

Any good easy to digest Protein ideas?

Also I was banded by Dr. Mueller in San Diego-

Hi September 2007 bandsters-I was banded in San Diego by Dr. Mueller. I am having a hard time eating food unless it is junk food; it seems like the crunchy crispy stuff is easier to keep down then things like chicken, wheat bread, veggies etc., However I have no problem keeping Cookies and chips down.

...Any good easy to digest Protein ideas?

Hey Sugar addict -

When did you have your surgery? Did your doc give you a post-op diet at all? My doc had me on clear fluids for 1 week after, then 2 weeks of fluids (basically anything that could fit thru a straw), and weeks 3 - 5 will then be any food I can blenderize (to make it the consistency of baby food). All doctors seems to have variations on the post-op diets.

Bread is hard to tolerate sometimes even in the later stages, some have said if you toast the bread it doesn't get stuck. The veggies at this point should be cooked until they are very soft. And chicken is hard to tolerate by many also. Suggestions I've heard is to use lots of sauce so the meat is very wet. (Or make a chicken salad instead of trying to eat a chicken breast).

You need to get in your Protein - that will help you heal. Carnation instant Breakfast with extra protein is delicious. Or check out GNC or any health food store in your area for whey protein which can be added to any smoothie.

Hope this helps!

Brenda

I am 3 weeks post op (Sept 27) I have this burping feeling up from my diaphram (not in my throat like in the past). I makes loud noise and I can't seem to control the sound (it can be embarrassing). Kind of like when your stomach growls, but louder than that. It definitely is on a daily basis, especially after I eat and drink. So far I don't have any restriction (which is scary). My first fill is 10/31.