Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Diet... misnomers

I'm new to the group but just wanted to share some info with you.

I was reading some of the posts on diet and found some things recommended to be startling at best....

I'm coming from over 13 years working with docs both allopathic and alternative.

It's IMPERATIVE that you get nutrition.. as much as possible. While you're loosing the weight you want your body to be able to heal itself

and build muscle.... muscle (especially from weight training) burns fat...

You don't want to loose your muscle mass and get all saggy, eh?

I highly recommend the book "Protein Power Life Plan" by two doctors...

Eades. It's available on Amazon and at your book store.

You want to feel GREAT while loosing weight, not exhausted and moody.

Since you have a limited capacity for food, there are some things I'd like to mention.

Sugar substitutes are mainly excito-toxins that increase your desire for

sugar... if you must use them, try stevia. I was surprised to see things

like crystal light etc. recommended by a nutritionist....

The following entries are from my experience with highly trained medical

professionals and alternative doctors. I'm in no way prescribing or diagnosing, just giving you my thoughts.

Carbonated drinks should be described as "poisonous". They acidify the

body which lowers your immune response and harbors an environment

for disease, and are highly inflammatory.

Any homogenized milk products have fat molecules that cause damage...

AND cause us to get fat. (not to mention the growth hormone in the milk that will make you fat) Try finding organic non homogenized if possible. Pasteurization doesn't affect the fat effects but just kills some of the benefits.

Use natural fats for cooking such as olive or coconut oil... use butter instead of corn oil margarine.. and use them sparingly. Anything with

corn in it should be avoided. Corn is now almost pure sugar since it’s

genetic alteration.

Sweet fruits are FULL of sugar. I know it's natural, but it's still sugar

and inflames your whole body. When that happens, your body puts its

energy into taking care of the inflammation, which leaves you feeling

"short of energy". Sugars also cause vascular inflammation which signal

Cholesterol to be sent to the vascular system to "scab" over the inflamed areas. Could be bad for cholesterol and blood pressure.

If you have to have fruit, use tart berries.. blueberries especially.

Eating dark green veggies like kale, spinach, greens, etc will help you to

flush out toxins being released from the fat cells as they shrink.

Since it's virtually impossible for anyone to get the proper balance of

nutrition from our mineral deficient food sources (that's even for those

people who can eat normal amounts) it's imperative that you supplement. If you're not FEELING anything from your supplements, you're probably taking some that are not absorbed. Absorption is the key. You SHOULD feel a difference when you take them.

I hope I haven't stepped on any toes, but I just hate to see recommendations that could be toxic. The things that I have mentioned here are backed by tons of research you can find on the internet if

you search.

Traditional medicine does not train doctors in wellness, they are trained in trauma and disease. Many would say that what I have posted is contrary... but I challenge you to do the research yourself.

You've come this far with taking charge of your health, take it all the way. You deserve a life of health, peace and prosperity.

In loving service and gratitude,

Paddy V. McAlister

Director, Energy Medicine Association

When did you have your band placed? I mean, you did come here for the reason of your own band, right?

I'm curious as well.

I read this, and reread this. I am thinking she is trying to help make sure we get the right nutrition. At least that is the way I see it. I am curious if she is banded as well.

I'm curious as well.

Well OBVIOUSLY it isn't to spam a website, I mean... that would be against the rules. Everyone else pays to advertise. But what do I know, I'm a mere member of the boards. :confused:

Well OBVIOUSLY it isn't to spam a website, I mean... that would be against the rules. Everyone else pays to advertise. But what do I know, I'm a mere member of the boards. :confused:

WELL C'MON there girl....a mere member??? lol....ok I reread it again and maybe you are right, I caught the book in the 3rd read over....

OBVIOUSLY. You crack me up Wasa. BTW I love reading your post too!

OBVIOUSLY. You crack me up Wasa. BTW I love reading your post too!

:confused:

I am going to be unpopular .............

The OP may have a hidden agenda here, but I have often often thought the same things as the OP. My decision to get the band was health first (diabetes and high cholestral) and vanity second. I have read way too many posts where people are ingesting large quantities of crap, in such items as crystal light and diet instant puddings, diet Jello, etc etc. while I am sure these people are losing weight, it hardly seems that ingesting all those chemicals can be part of the road to better health.

Everyone is on there own journey, I am trying to learn as much as possible about health and nutrition, and with the help of the band I am working toward a healthy slim body.

Peace, Love and Health to everyone

I read posts like this and then forget about them. I will continue to follow the plan set forward by my surgeon. If we took away EVERYTHING that could be considered bad for us, all we would be left with is purified air and purified Water. I can not see myself living on that, so for me I will pick and choose the best choices I can. Just my 2 cents though....Dave

And what about the cups you drink them from? What about the plastics, and glaze on the ceramic cups?

Pfft. Drink from a natural spring from your own cupped hands, and breathe only fresh mountain air.

Better safe than sorry. Right?

And what about the cups you drink them from? What about the plastics, and glaze on the ceramic cups?

Pfft. Drink from a natural spring from your own cupped hands, and breathe only fresh mountain air.

Better safe than sorry. Right?

What about washing your hands? If one is to drink from cupped hands shouldn't we be careful to use clean hands? Ahhh, but how to clean those hands....