Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

For all you losers.......

I have a question. After you got your band and were on your weight loss journey with your new way of eating, did you eat the same foods as before, (basically crap), but just in little portions, or did you REAllY clean up and have a tiny bit of Protein, etc. etc.

I ask, because, on various boards I hear people eating everything from nachos, margaritas to a few bites of chicken with some veggies.

I know it's Protein first, then veggies, then low glycemic carbs or something.

I'm pre-band and curious!

Marieze

I have changed my eatting -- I eat high Protein and low carbs and watch calories. I don't go to extremes as Atkins diet with carbs - but I do watch them and make healthier choices.

Best wishes on your new journey!

I have a question. After you got your band and were on your weight loss journey with your new way of eating, did you eat the same foods as before, (basically crap), but just in little portions, or did you REAllY clean up and have a tiny bit of Protein, etc. etc.

I ask, because, on various boards I hear people eating everything from nachos, margaritas to a few bites of chicken with some veggies.

I know it's Protein first, then veggies, then low glycemic carbs or something.

I'm pre-band and curious!

Marieze

I totally changed my lifestyle. I started by going organic, and concentrating on whole unprocessed foods, and later became vegetarian.

Personally I do not subscribe to the "protein first" thing. I eat a balanced diet of veggies, protein and carbs. Because we need all three to fuel our bodies.

Best of luck!

I have changed my eating habits as well. I eat high Protein low carb. Mainly chicken, fish, veggies, and wheat crackers. I haven't had junk food in almost 5 months. Can say that I rarely miss it. I feel great eating the way I am and exercising, so I can't complain.

I changed my food choices completely and drastically. I used to live on burgers and Diet Coke. Now I rarely eat crap foods that taste sooo good. I have found that if I eat a lot of carbs I just don't feel well. I feel so much better today vs. pre-band.

My diet was so horrible pre-band that I sincerely doubt a child would grow eating the same diet as me.

One thing I think you will find about banding is that your tastes change. What you used to like you no longer care for and things that used to make you gag are pretty darn good all the sudden. When you burn fat that fat turns into various chemicals that leave your body via sweat, urine, breath, and saliva (keytones). It's the keytones that really change your sense of taste and you might find that you don't care for the bad foods as much. With time it becomes habit and before you know it you are actually craving the stuff that is good for you.

The band is an amazing thing in so many ways. Congrats on being a pre-bandster. It changes your life in ways you never dreamed.

Hello!

I have really changed my eating habits...I am eating high Protein and low carbs... I have a hard time eating something that is not going to help me nutritionally because I don't want to waste the calories on it.

My idea is to get to goal as quickly as possible...and then see if I am still interested in those other things!

;)

Rain

The main reason I ate before the band was for my head appetite and the taste. I would choose a food I loved and then eat mountains of it. Now after the band, I know that whatever I choose to eat at some point, it's not going to be very much. I can look at certain things (such as a hamburger) and go, "Okay, I've love to stuff a whole cheeseburger in my mouth and gulp it down with some fries, but I know once I start eating it that the bread is going to come back on me (most likely) if I don't take just a few small pieces and the beef will go down veeerrrryyyyy slowly. I will be taking more time figuring out a way to get the darned thing to go down my throat than I will take to actually relish and enjoy it. It's funny....but when you have to take such a long time eating something...the fun goes out of it pretty much. Then eventually you realize that you aren't thinking about that food "in that way" anymore.

I have completly changed the way i eat. If it is not good for me it does not go in.I paid a lot for this surgery and i mean to make sure it works for me. On the way to onederland!!!! Yea!! Donna