Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Surgeries?

Jamietindall19,

Congratulations!! I too am being banded in October. My surgery is scheduled for Oct. 1st. The excitment is hard to contain. I start my liquid diet on Monday the 17th for two weeks. My surgery will be done by Trace Curry with Clifton Surgical in Cincinnati, Ohio

Good Luck,

Lynn

Hi, I'm scheduled for October 8 with Dr. Ren at NYU in New York. I start liquids on this coming Friday the 21st. It's taken 9 months to get to this point. I'm ready to get on with it!

awsome It is very exciting why do you have to go on a liquid diet KARELY? th probably to lose weight before surgey? I HAVE one more week before i try to lose a couple of lbs ! Good luck! 9 months is a long time to wait manhbill did you need a post auth ? i went to my first seminar aug 13th my first appointment was sept 13th and my surgery is oct 10th thankfully my process was quick i give you credit for sticking to it and persisting good luck!

The liquid diet helps to shrink the liver & make the surgery easier for both the doctor and the patient.

My preparation took 9 months in order to get everything lined up properly so the insurance company would approve without problems (I hope). Although I had done Weight Watchers, my doctor recommended that I do 6 months with him so we could claim medical supervision.

I haven't had a moment's doubt about doing this. I wish it had been faster, but things happen at their proper time.

Bill

ITS ALL so major if you think about it s a total life change people ask me if im nervous about eating different forever thats not my worry my worry is its not gonna work! i am excited and have spent alot of reasearch time on this procedure about 1 year and a half the wait will be sooo worth it in the end! congrats we all can compare notes later im having my surgery done in port huron michigan DR Boutt

I'm getting my surgery Oct 12. I started on my pre-op diet yesterday . I have to go on a three week diet because my BMI is over 40. I am so anxious. I can't hardly wait. I'm like a kid waiting for Santa...lol

Hi, I'm new too. Started process in April, have a 10/5/07 date for my lap band. Started my 2 wks of carnation instant Breakfast yesterday, only on day 2 and I'm really starved, have a headache , and am almost nauseated from hunger. I am not drinking enough no cal liquids, so hope to do better with that from now on to see if it helps. Any suggestions to beat the hungers when you are pre op? thanks

Hey Jamie,

just go to tickerfactory.com and design your ticker, then copy ti and paste in the signature.

Hi I am also scheduled to have the procedure done on October 30th! I am excited and nervous all at the same time. It's been a long road to get to this point but well worth it!