Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Banded Yesterday 9/14 ~~~

woohooo, i'm a sept bandster w/ya'll!

soreness, incision pain, tightness in stomach, hurts to cough....when will this part of it end?

i'm only 2days post op now....but i do feel better then expected....still not 100%. how long will it take?

also, i don't own weight scales at home....any suggestions as far as that goes? should i buy some or not? and if so, what type/brand do ya'll suggest.

i'm thinking i shouldn't purchase any until after my 4wk follow up visit...but thats bc i'm scared i'll weigh every day and i know i shouldn't.

Hey....I was banded on the 14th as well. The gas and pain in my port area are what bothers me the most! I'm told to walk, walk, walk and the gas and pain will begin to go away! ;)

would a soft boiled egg be considered a "mushy" ??? i'm boiling a few eggs now and going to smash one up for dinner later tonight and if it goes done well...and STAYS down...then i'll be a happy camper. i'm slowly moving on from my 2 full days of liquids and into the 4wk mushy food stage.

for the last few days i've lived off of broth, non-fat yogurt, sf popsicles, lowfat cottage cheese, and Protein drinks...and lots and lots of Water and just started adding diluted tea into my diet today.

i'm feeling a lil bit better today then i did yesterday and hope that tomorrow will be even better then today!

SEPTEMBER BANDSTERS ROCK!

Congratulations!!

I am suprised my pain has lasted as long as it has. It is really mild, but is still there, esp when I get up from sitting down or laugh. I went out with some friends friday night who dont know I was banded and everytime I started to laugh I kept grabbing my side. One of the girls was so worried about me, and I kept trying to make up excuses like I had a stomach bug. Like I said, it is rarely bad enough to even take pain medicine but it is still there.

I'm a little jealous you get to move on to mushies, I would love an egg but my doctor says no eggs til week 2. On my plan eggs do count as mushies so I am sure your eggs are good.

Keep us posted on your progress, it makes me feel good to hear what other people are going through!

Elizabeth.

well, the boiled egg went down GREAT! i just chewed chewed chewed it into an oblivion in my mouth....it went down smoothly, didn't get stuck, and only 1/2 of a boiled egg and i felt full! YAY!

the only thing is....am i the only one on here who is getting hungry at like 2-4 hr intervals? i think its probably bc the liquids go down quicker then the mushy food....but when i'm only doing liquids, i get hungry alot sooner. i'm hoping w/the egg now, i won't get hungry again in a few hours.

lemme know how often ya'll are getting hungry on stage 1 and stage 2. thanks.

I get hungry like 30-min to an hour with just Water with Protein Powder. If i have some Soup it lasts a couple of hours or more. I think its normal to get hungry all the time in these stages like you said because the water moves through so fast.

I really want these six weeks to be over so I can eat normal food and have a fill. Oh well, one day at a time. Atleast I have passed the surgery hurdle, I never thought that would get here.

Hey hazeleyegirl -

Congrats on your banding and I hope you're feeling well. I will be banded this Friday 9/21 by Dr. Spivak. I went to seminar and same day consultation last weekend and since I'm self-pay, there was no wait. I'm waiting for the office to call me with info re: what hospital, instructions, etc. So far, everything I've read about Dr. Spivak has been positive. Are you happy with your decision so far?

Also - I love your signature with the wings. Where did you get it?

-Kimmie - Love your sub-heading!! I'm planning on becoming a skinny bitch, too!!!!!!!!!

LOL I wanted "unleashing the skinny bitch" but it wouldn't fit!

I called my nurse about this litttle pain I get every once in awhile...apparently I'm drinking too fast/too big of gulps. Back to sipping I go!

Hey hazeleyegirl -

Congrats on your banding and I hope you're feeling well. I will be banded this Friday 9/21 by Dr. Spivak. I went to seminar and same day consultation last weekend and since I'm self-pay, there was no wait. I'm waiting for the office to call me with info re: what hospital, instructions, etc. So far, everything I've read about Dr. Spivak has been positive. Are you happy with your decision so far?

-Kimmie - Love your sub-heading!! I'm planning on becoming a skinny bitch, too!!!!!!!!!

TXCHICA, i fought w/insurance (CIGNA SUCKS!) for 3yrs! then finally after paying off both vehicles decided to finanace (self pay) the lapband surgery!

i LOVE dr. spivak! he rocks! so anyhow, i'm now 4days post op and i just got on the scale today for the very first time....to be honest, i still think the scale is LYING TO ME! but, its a brand new WW scale...and it was accurate w/my 4yr old and my hubby. it says i've already lost 6.9 lbs....in only 4 days! thats crazy good!

now as far as pain goes....i stopped taking my pain med on sunday....really bc i couldn't stand the nasty taste of it, but also bc every day when i wake up, its a lil better then the day before. really.

every single day i think...wow, if i am less sore today, i can't wait til tomorrow. my advise is to take the doctors advise and WALK WALK WALK. they'll make you walk in the hospital before you leave, so you should try to start that as a habit right away.

i had surgery on friday, walked around at the hospital and then just a lil bit back and forth at home just up and down the hallway and back and forth (small house)

then the next day i walked around Target for about 30min. next day i walked around office depot for about 35-40min....and then today, i walked 6/10 mile outside and then 1/2 mile at the mall.

i think i bought WAY too much Jello and pudding and applesauce! my eyes were thinking in terms of the OLD ME! i think you'll be pleased w/dr. spivak. his nursing staff even called to check on me over the weekend twice! now that rocks bc we all know that doctors don't make calls on the weekends. dr. spivak seems VERY dedicated!

if you have ANY questions please feel free to contact me on here via PM or via email at hazeleyegrl1@aol.com

i would WELCOME the opportunity to have a fellow banster friend in cyberspace with the SAME dr. as me!

xoxo:D

hazel-you seem like you're at the same point as I am! I feel awesome....even now compared to this morning I can tell a big difference. I'm getting up and sitting down without needing to hold something now! Better than the last few days...lol

Hey hazeleyegirl -

i lucked out on my "signature". i went to Image hosting, free photo sharing & video sharing at Photobucket and just did a search for my name and found it. i haven't seen any others like it but i have found other cool ones for different names. hope that helps!;) my signature will end up on my back as a tattoo one of these days! so don't go stealing my idea now, but good luck on photobucket finding a cool one. if ya need/want help lemme know.

Hazel -

Glad to hear you're happy and recovering well. Congrats on the 7 lbs!! That's awesome!! I will definitely keep in touch and want to hear updates on you as well. I'll keep your advice about Jello in mind when I go pre-shopping today.

Kimmie -

Glad to hear you're feeling well, too. Best of luck to you. Here's to the future skinny bitches!!!!!!!!

Two more days 'til the beginning of my new life!!!!!

I love the jello's, specifically cherry and orange...so i stocked up! I don't mind having them later during the journey either....

That's right...Skinny Bitches For The Win!!