Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

And I'm petrified!!! I'm a widow with two kids. Am I selfish for doing this?! I need to get healthier and get this weight off, but what if they screw it up?!?

Sigh I've been unable to sleep all night and I've got to be there in 3 hours!

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

It will be okay! Today is my day too. I will say a prayer for you . Think happy thoughts

Sent from my iPad using the BariatricPal App

@@WantToDanceAgain this is exactly what I'm going through. I'm not a widow but 47 a single mom of a 17 old son in his last year of school. What happens if I don't make it? I've ruined his final year of school, is that selfish too? Honestly I can't stay with how I am though. I need this to be healthy. It's hard I know. My emotions are crazy. I'm tomorrow. Good luck we'll be fine.

You'll be fine don't worry... Good luck I'll be praying for you

And I'm petrified!!! I'm a widow with two kids. Am I selfish for doing this?! I need to get healthier and get this weight off, but what if they screw it up?!?

Sigh I've been unable to sleep all night and I've got to be there in 3 hours!

You've made a decision to become a BETTER you, for BOTH you and your kids. You're going to do great! Remember to keep us all posted on your progress.

Don't look back, turn the page, and let your next chapter begin!

This is normal fear. I worried about leaving my girls behind with their crazy father. (Like not literally insane, but the having S'mores for dinner kind of crazy) I had my surgery on 10/26/2016 and everything went off without a hitch. Less than two months out, my ability to be with them and be involved with them has already increased to the point that I'm mostly upset that I didn't do it sooner. I'm 41. Got to make up for wasted time. Praying for you!

Thank you everyone! In the waiting room in the OR.... aurgh! See you all on the other side! ❤️

Prayers for both of you having surgery today. It's not selfish to want to be healthy and around for your kids. I lost my mom last Dec and that was my get healthy wake up catalyst that boosted my journey. Had surgery 10/3. You will do fine

Sent from my 5054N using the BariatricPal App

I'm so senior you the 2 of you having surgery today at 69. I thought it was a mistake to try now. But 10/10 was my day. I did fine in regards to surgery and post op. The pain is bearable. Follow your doctor's program and you'll be fine. You're in my thoughts and prayers,

post-305418-14811999797398_thumb.jpg

Ok 19hrs post op...already up to walk to the bathroom 3 times. Pain manageable with meds. First 6 hrs did suck.... but push through you all! If I could you can!

Thanks for your encouragement yesterday ❤️

Congratulations! You're on your way, now :D