Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Cramps,feeling more restricted and hungry!

I should be started my period soon but I am uncomfortable.

My back hurts,my port are and tight,I'm extra hungry and bloated.

I was so hungry after my two mile walk yesterday I ordered a pizza for the family.

I only ate the toppings off of one slice and resorted back to my chili.

I ate 3/4 cup of that.

I have not had an appetite until now.

I'm trying to get my coffee down and I could barely drink six ounces.

At least my Water went down earlier.

My question is when tom is here is it different with the band?

From what I've been reading on this site TOM can leave you feeling super restricted. I hated TOM. Lots of pain and I turned into a nutbar. ;) One of the few good things about getting old is no more TOM. :woot: You have my condolences. :)

I feel for you. I started getting TOM when I turned 10. I always had horrible cramps and bad psychological side effects. I always turned into an emotional monster, so much so that my men would figure out that TOM was involved when I was in the middle of a full-blown freak-out. This would always stop me cold. I would think about it, do a little calculating, and then say "oh, my gawd! You are so right! And I am so sorry!" Weird, eh.....? Grrlie hormones are kinda cruel, I think. There is probably some powerful genetic reason for this but, nevertheless, we are still swept up, aren't we? Ugh! That's grrl life, I guess.

Might want to avoid coffee for a few days if possible. I know it's hard. coffee is an irritant to an already irritated stoma.

TOM can make you more restricted, it's a Fluid shift and that can cause all kinds of problems. For me I'm hungry, craving every food on the planet but too restricted to eat solids.

We feel for you. :)

Man wasa I tried to eat my lunch and I could only eat like a mouse.

This bites big time!

I went for a mile walk.

I'm not sure why because I haven't ate much!

Coffe is bad?

My surgeon said it was ok?

It's cool either way.

Right now I'd like a ibuprofen 800 and a shot of tequila!

A punching bag with my exhusbands face on it and some midol.

Man wasa I tried to eat my lunch and I could only eat like a mouse.

This bites big time!

I went for a mile walk.

I'm not sure why because I haven't ate much!

Coffe is bad?

My surgeon said it was ok?

It's cool either way.

Right now I'd like a ibuprofen 800 and a shot of tequila!

A punching bag with my exhusbands face on it and some midol.

No, I didn't say coffee is bad, it's an irritant and you are a newbie. My personal opinion is that you are not ready for solids if you are three weeks out. But that is an opinion and you need to do what your doc says, not anyone else.

I asked my doc about coffee once. He said he HAS to tell people it is an irritant however, the truth is that most do just fine with it. He serves coffee in his office and doesn't think twice about giving it to banded people. But, it does affect some people in a very negative way after banding so he has to warn them. If they end up drinking it and doing fine with it, he's fine with it. But he does have to warn them of the potential problems.

You are still a newbie, you are having your fun filled TOM, you have restriction... so I mentioned the coffee. Some people find they are more restricted with it, some find it opens them up, some suddenly have mega heartburn and reflux. Each person is different.

Hey wasa.

My surgeon post-op diet was like this.

One day Clear Liquids.< /p>

Full liquids one week.

Mushies one week

general diet the next.

I'll be a month out this saturday.

I am still cramping and no tom!

I know one day I was so tight and cramping so bad I wanted to cry.

By nightime I was finally able to eat.

This band is definately a learning experience.

My diet was much more strict: a week of clear fluids, two weeks of full fluids, followed by two weeks of mushies.

Have you talked to your surgeon about your tightness yet?