Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I received the results from my stress test a few hours ago....Results: (abnormal)

I'm VERY disappointed....I even shed a few tears....BUT, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all the members...you have uplifted me and let me know...I'm not the only one and because the results were abnormal does not mean I won't have the gastric sleeve surgery that I really need.

I was on a flight back to Michigan when I received my results...I'm back home now drowning my sorrows at Longhorn Steakhouse with a "perfect margarita"???? & Protein (Ribeye)...Life is Good, Amen!

Sent from my SM-G935T using the BariatricPal App

I failed my first too (they had a hard time reading my pulse correctly and a couple of other problems), but then they had me take a nuclear stress test, and I passed with flying colors. I hope that will be the case for you.

Failing a stress test is exactly why I had surgery. It was just too much for someone of my young age and it was only because I was fat.

The bad news is, to get a cardiac clearance I had to have another procedure.

http://www.heart.org/HEARTORG/Conditions/HeartAttack/SymptomsDiagnosisofHeartAttack/Cardiac-Catheterization_UCM_451486_Article.jsp#.WEYjS_krKUk

This one, and it sucked. It terrified me. I passed that, my heart is fine. I was cleared for surgery and I am sure losing all the weight, had helped heal my heart. I knew right then I was just killing myself slowly and I decided no matter what I was going to have surgery and lose the weight.

I thought I had the nuclear test (injecting me with dye, scanned, treadmill, dye (again).???

However, my cardiologist explained to me BEFORE the test that he DID NOT want me to do the treadmill because I'm big-breasted and it would only give a negative reading....but, they put me on the treadmill anyway.????

Cardiac catherization being scheduled ASAP!..I'm 44 years old, morbidly obesed, Lord knows I need this surgery to LIVE!..I have the faith of a mustard seed! I will get through this!

The test I had because I was so large, they increased my heart rate with an injection (which sucked), not by being on a treadmill.

ok, yes my BFF had that one....I did research the nuclear test and it said that...they either give you shot to increase the heart rate or give you a shot to "dilate the arteries"....I'm going to find out tomorrow exactly which test I had!!!! Will you be having the surgery?

@@10stackzz

My health is awesome.

I wrote about my story in some detail here http://www.bariatricpal.com/topic/372450-361-days-later-my-story/

A few years ago I had a reaction to medication that caused a lesion in my heart which caused a very abnormal heartbeat. I had to have a procedure called an ablation to zap the lesion cells. It was done as a cardiac cath procedure. Because of that, I had to get cardiac clearance from my cardiologist to have the surgery.

Heart problems do NOT mean you can't have the surgery, it just means they have to check a few things out and maybe fix something first.

Cardiac cath procedures are done VERY frequently now, and the teams are VERY good at what they do. The worst part of it for me was the 6 hours laying flat after the surgery because I had to pee SO BAD but couldn't manage to make myself go in a bedpan. I was a nursing student at the time and begged the nurse to get an order to catheterize me, which she did and I got through it. LOL. So don't stress about a cath procedure.

Good luck!!

Thank you so much, I got my appointment Dec. 19th....Was it outpatient or you spent the night? I don't have a real support system...so, I go through the important things in my life by myself....It's cool but, just being in this group let's me know...I'M NOT ALONE!!!...So glad I found this group yesterday after getting my results of the stress test.

Because they had to do an intervention, I had to stay overnight. If they are doing it just to check things out and they don't have to put in a stent or "fix" anything, I have heard they'll send you home later that day, but I don't know that for sure.