Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Blending ur own smoothies during liquid phase of diet

So I'm still on the liquid phase of my diet. But I'm only 12 days post op. I decided based on recipes I found online and on here to blend my own smoothies. I brought all frozen fruit, a huge tub or plain greek yogurt, EAS vanilla protien powder 30 gram , PBFIT powder, frozen spinch. Then also a magic bullet. The only liquid i add is Water. No added auger of any kind is used I blended my first smoothie last night which I drank for dinner. Which took me almost 2 hours to drink down. The smoothie alone is about 50 grams of protien when made if not a lil more. It went great. Stomach felt good and tasted great for not adding no sugar like honey or using some type of juice to sweeten it up. I figueed only do this just once and a while is ok when drinking the ready made shakes get boring.Wanted to know has anyone else done that. What did u make as smoothie.?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using the BariatricPal App

is there any worried bout the shake being high in sugar even tho we are not adding sugar. everything is pretty much natural sugar.

Yes. I've been doing that. Here are some things I add. Not all together but I change it up.
Spinach, strawberries, blueberries, plain yogurt, Protein powder, bananas, fresh ginger, almond or fair life milk, any frozen fruit or frozen banana, PB2,

Sent from my iPhone using the BariatricPal App

is there any worried bout the shake being high in sugar even tho we are not adding sugar. everything is pretty much natural sugar.

I can't stand the taste or texture of ready to drink shakes. I made my own too. My program said that if adding milk or yogurt to smoothies then not to add fruit. To keep the sugar and calorie content lower? I'm guessing? They also told me to keep smoothies under 30g Protein.

I can't stand the taste or texture of ready to drink shakes. I made my own too. My program said that if adding milk or yogurt to smoothies then not to add fruit. To keep the sugar and calorie content lower? I'm guessing? They also told me to keep smoothies under 30g Protein.

SEE THE ONLY READY MADE DRINK I FOUND THAT DIDNT HAVE A BAD AFTER TASTE OR GROSSED ME OUT WAS PREMIER PROTIEN. AND THEY HAVE 4 DIFFERENT FLAVORS. i DONT THINK I WAS EVER TOLD TO KEEP MY PROTIEN DRINK UNDER 30 GRAMS THO.

i KNOW WHEN I MAKE MY OWN WITH THE FRUIT IT JUST TAKES ME BOUT 2 HOURS TO DRINK IT SOMETIMES 3 HOURS CUZ IT IS THICK

SEE THE ONLY READY MADE DRINK I FOUND THAT DIDNT HAVE A BAD AFTER

TASTE OR GROSSED ME OUT WAS PREMIER PROTIEN. AND THEY HAVE 4 DIFFERENT FLAVORS. i DONT THINK I WAS EVER TOLD TO KEEP MY PROTIEN DRINK UNDER 30 GRAMS THO.

i KNOW WHEN I MAKE MY OWN WITH THE FRUIT IT JUST TAKES ME BOUT 2 HOURS TO DRINK IT SOMETIMES 3 HOURS CUZ IT IS THICK

Funny because the premiere shakes have the worst after taste to me. They gag me now.

Look up on YouTube for Dr Mathew Weiner. He has a "set point" smoothie that he recommends. He has some great videos on surgery and weight loss too

I started doing my own shakes a few days out from surgery, I had a hard time getting the Premier Protein down after drinking them for a few days. I have found that when I blend the chocolate premier with ice it's like a chocolate shake and I have no problems.

The Protein Shakes I made right after surgery just had Greek yogurt (I used the oikos triple zero) and plain or vanilla Protein Powder, if I didn't want fruit flavor from the yogurt I'd throw in some Peanut Butter and half a banana (both were allowed on my stage 2 plan). I used almond milk in these but if I had found fairlife skim milk sooner I probably would have used that instead!

Now almost 2 months out I do frozen fruit with Water, stevia and a tbsp of GENEPRO. Makes about a cup and a half -but I only use 3/4 cup frozen fruit- on my way into work. According to my fitness pal it has about 130 cals and it fills me up for a couple of hours. The GENEPRO Protein is a god send I wish I had ordered it sooner. It was expensive but I was having a really hard time choking down the other protein powders I got from GNC, I have a protein powder graveyard in my cupboard lol!!!

Edited by izzy13